Do Hardcore Motorcyclists Hate or Look Down Upon the Slingshot for being called a Motorcycle?

• Thank you both for your service! Hey Paul, are you out of "pirate" mode yet? Hope you're healing well (& quickly) both from your eye surgery & your hernia surgery - you need to get those new shocks installed!!! ;):D

Not yet @Tripod and thanks for asking. Took the sling to the store, which is a few blocks and just that short ride irritated my eye so I'm not ready yet. Hoping to install them later this week as I'm tired of drooling like my Rottweiler when I look over at them sitting on my counter! My hernia is healing well and I'm starting to push it by hiking a little further each day . Phew. Frigging "golden years" my ass! Oops. Need a napkin, I just snuck a peek and drooled. 8|

• Not yet @Tripod and thanks for asking. Took the sling to the store, which is a few blocks and just that short ride irritated my eye so I'm not ready yet. Hoping to install them later this week as I'm tired of drooling like my Rottweiler when I look over at them sitting on my counter! My hernia is healing well and I'm starting to push it by hiking a little further each day . Phew. Frigging "golden years" my ass! Oops. Need a napkin, I just snuck a peek and drooled. 8|

I'm with ya on that brother - if I ever meet that guy that coined the phrase golden years I'm gonna kick him in the nuts
    :00000003:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• @Oldfogey nope never was a leg, in fact our whole platoon in basics had the gagin dragon patch on us (18th Airborne Corp) right from the get go. We sure got dogged by all the drill Sargents because of it. Thank you for your service

• That works both ways, thank you for your service as well. Glad to meet another trooper. I went thru Jump School at Ft Benning in 1967. Phew! Doesn't seem that long ago if I say it quick. Lol :thumbup:
  • Today I am riding in the country and notice a Harley is behind me. I make a left turn and look in the side mirror and I see the woman on the back waving so I wave back. She starts beating the biker on the head and point at me and SS.
    A biker broad must like SS

"There ain't no such thing as a free lunch"

• I did a 5 hundred mile ride yesterday that was sponsored by several motorcycle dealerships. You had a choice which direction you went on th loop. I had many bikers wave and many at designated stops come for a look, ask if it was fun to drive. I even had a guy driving a car with flashing lights invite me to a game or something because he gave me this ticket. I think he was impressed that a SS could go that fast. But the real kicker was I stopped to help a guy wrenching on a broken down Harley who was not part of the ride who was passed by all those "bikers" I got him in touch with a Harley dealership that was open on Sunday because of the Cannonball Run and hopefully made his day. I would hope that showing that SS riders are part of the brotherhood will get a few more down low waves. As a side note the down low wave off a SS isn't very visible when blasting down the road and the wind sure makes the elbow sore.

• Having numerous Harley's and various assorted motorcycles over the better part of 50 years, quite frankly I don't give a damn what they think. Slingshot's are registered motorcycles in most states. Having said that, I get a friendly biker wave about 90% of the time.

• After two deployments with the Army my back is trashed. The Slingshot lets me ride and not have the pain from sitting upright. I have never had a 2 wheeler say anything to me. Half the time I get a thumbs up from them when I drive by.