Driver seat width

• I'm now old enough to buy a toy (63) and can afford it. My problem is that I'm a big old tub of lard. Yup 300 lbs of fat. Is there any way to make/replace or use a sawzall to make room for the seat to offer another 4 inches of width? I have no problem taking the brand new 2020 Slingshot and while still at the dealer, having a mechanic take a sawzall and cut up what ever is in the way. Afterwards I can try cover it with a towel or something. I know it would be a hack job but if it let me see that I could actually buy one and use it, it would be well worth it. Any ideas? Anyone know if I'm asking the impossible? I just wanted to get something for a toy and the Slingshot is definitely in that category. Remember I need about 20 to 21 inches in butt width width and about 19 to 20 inches from the seat back to the steering wheel. Any ideas? Thanks for your help.

• Wow, I guess I will be at the dealer as soon as they reopen from the virus. I will have to give it a try. If it works I will be leaving with it. Just looking online my dealer has a lot of 2019 models in stock and a few 2018s. All I would need to add is the tall windshield and maybe a carry bag for odds and ends. I have another question, do they make a serious all weather cover for Florida? I live in an Apartment and it will get rained on a LOT and fried a LOT in the Florida sun. Know of an amazing all weather crazy good cover?

• Wow, I guess I will be at the dealer as soon as they reopen from the virus. I will have to give it a try. If it works I will be leaving with it. Just looking online my dealer has a lot of 2019 models in stock and a few 2018s. All I would need to add is the tall windshield and maybe a carry bag for odds and ends. I have another question, do they make a serious all weather cover for Florida? I live in an Apartment and it will get rained on a LOT and fried a LOT in the Florida sun. Know of an amazing all weather crazy good cover?

I know you said you can afford it, but if you're not married to the 2020, I got my new 2019 SLR for a song because it was a year end model. Just think of all the mods you could buy with the money you save... 😎

"If I were a Jedi, there's a 100% chance I would use the force inappropriately!"

I have the Nelson-Rigg half-cover from Slingmods.com, they also make a full cover as well.

The half cover serves me very well b/c I drive my sling to work at a local university. Cover keeps rain, leaves, bird crap OUT - also keeps the curious students out as well. Have been very satisfied with this over almost 2 years. Covers from the wind screen all the way over the back deck.

The mid size cover also folds up small enough to easily take along in the behind the seat cubby with room to spare. I suspect that the larger cover would fill that space, but I'm sure others here can advise you. Of course, if you don't take the cover with you, the larger one may serve you better and keep the entire machine out of the sun.

Just FYI, I haven't had problems with different paint fading with half cover so far.

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

Polaris makes a 'trailering cover' designed for use on a trailer while towing the Slingshot. It's fitted... Little pricey but I have used mine for several (4) trips in the winter from Northern Indiana to Florida. (Port Charlotte)

You would just have to make it your own by using some of the vendors on this forum. Custom Seats

• 2015 to 2019 real easy to put a removable Steering Wheel on the Slingshot. Bill Martin want to chime in here. He has one of the removable steering wheels. The 2020 Slingshot has a lot of stuff running to the Steering Wheel. Also lots of very nice low mileage Slingshots on the market.

Really easy to change out steering wheel - oddly enough I actually did it by myself - I know that will floor some of you - miracles never cease right??:00008172:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Gen 1 PRP seats are very forgiving - I know they fit the older models not sure about the 2020

I do know of some lets say healthy members that fit just fine in a sling - ask your friendly Panda

Did you really go there???????? LMAO

He may be "healthy" but we love'em!

I took him for a little ride down through the country today to visit one of my favorite little cafe's. Not sure he liked my choice of routes but we did manage to get in a couple hundred miles of fun and sun!

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• Did you really go there???????? LMAO

I took him for a little ride down through the country today to visit one of my favorite little cafe's. Not sure he liked my choice of routes but we did manage to get in a couple hundred miles of fun and sun!

Is your sling all back together and running with the new motor?

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Did you really go there???????? LMAO

It must have been a crooked road, he only knows how to go in a straight line that way he can stay in FRONT.:evil: