How does the Pedal Commander work?

• I was thinking a poll on the use of the pedal commander was in order here. I was one of the few hold outs on the group purchase a few months ago. Just did not feel the need back then. Intresting to see some who bought it are not thinking of it as well as before the purchase

LC

That would include both BryanL and me and neither of us has installed it yet. We made our 1st trip of the season yesterday and intend to install them this spring. Stay tuned!

We missed you two on our ride yesterday. How's life in OK these days. Weird like here I'm guessing. How are your mom and brother doing? Cheers!

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• FunCycle knows how to smash the pedal and go fast on a NA machine so if he says its a waste of money.... you can take that to the bank.

IF the pedal commander actually did anything you would see an improved 0-60 time.... which no one has posted yet.

It simply makes the throttle more responsive - much mike a 1/4 turn throttle on a motorcycle does. 0-60 times would be a difficult measure because timing would not start until movement started, reaction time from when the peddle is pushed until the slingshot reacts and starts moving is not included in the timing - the peddle commander is all about reaction time - I know that with the commander I now can trust the slingshot to react faster when I need it to and I like that, it gives me more confidence to do things like passing other cars or to know I can make a light instead of having to stop. - - - this may or may not be something of importance to everyone just like not everyone wants their bike to have a 1/4 throttle, but saying it doesnt do anything because it does not improve 0-60 times makes no more sense than if you said the same thing about a short shifter

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• That would include both BryanL and me and neither of us has installed it yet. We made our 1st trip of the season yesterday and intend to install them this spring. Stay tuned!

We missed you two on our ride yesterday. How's life in OK these days. Weird like here I'm guessing. How are your mom and brother doing? Cheers!

SlingLow thanks for thinking of us. We went for a small (200 or so miles) only got stopped once. Seems speeding to maintain as "social distance" is not a valid reason for going 65 in a 55 zone. Nice state cop let me go with the "just keep it down" warning. We used our full face helmets in lieu of a mask when in a store. I'll text you the rest.

You guys need to get that PC installed so we can talk about it when we get out there this year. We are thinking hard about Sundre as well.

LC

• Thanks, Edward Neal for being spot on with your comments and I totally agree!!

Oh, and as far as safety in the hills and the pedal commander it brings the real thrill to the Slingshot that has been lacking with the dead hesitation on the stock Slingshots, and if you really know how to drive the Slingshots as designed, you will have more fun than a barrel of monkeys??

• I posted before, that this thing is a poor man's Turbo!

I installed mine in December or January.

Someone told me to start at Sport +3. That almost killed me!!

It was really cold and when I shifted into second, it started to come around on me. I eventually backed it down to City +3.

But now that it's warmer, I'll get into the Sport +1 anyway, and see how it goes from there.

I like it, it's fun!!

Never trust a ConnMan!!
    (Man I love that line!)
    :00007555:

• Did I say "start" at Sport +3?

Oops.....I probably meant that I like mine at Sport +3.