Corona Virus

• serious warning from a healthcare provider concerning nursing homes.....it’s not good.

I think if my relatives were in nursing homes right now I would be taking them out. Something not good is going on....

I agree that taking loved ones out of these places sounds like the best thing a person could do, but unfortunately many of these people require special care that can't be easily provided at home. We took care of my mother in law here in our home until she passed and it was very hard work that we could not have done without the help of trained in home hospice workers - -some of the greatest people ever - - And we were very lucky that my mother in law didn't have any underlying medical conditions that would have required more than we could provide

One of the things that I consider a fortunate side to me being married to a Filipino - culturally they just are not into the American concept of putting the elderly into the care of others - - When we have gone to visit family in the Philippines we are always met with offers from nieces and nephews that if we ever need it they will happily take care of us if we can no longer do it ourselves - - In Philippine culture respect for people older than ones self is still very very strong and the idea of putting old folks away in some home is totally foreign to them :thumbsup:

oh - and an interesting note that many people don't know - from a population point of view the Philippines is one of the largest english speaking countries - - even if they don't use it everyday it is the language they teach in at school and something like 65% are comfortable carrying on a conversation in english - - - they actually come in higher than the U.K. for english speaking population english speaking countries

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• And people do not even know that a piece of cloth/paper material over their nose and mouth does not even make a good dust mask. Neither will help you out with the Corvid 19 virus. There are a lot of STUPID people out there, I just looked at it at the grocery store. Every time that the Federal - State or county and of course our news media mentions the wearing of the mask, they should be stressing the type and material that it should be worn.

• And people do not even know that a piece of cloth/paper material over their nose and mouth does not even make a good dust mask. Neither will help you out with the Corvid 19 virus. There are a lot of STUPID people out there, I just looked at it at the grocery store. Every time that the Federal - State or county and of course our news media mentions the wearing of the mask, they should be stressing the type and material that it should be should worn.

you do know that the point of covering you face is to restrict the droplets of moisture that come out of your own nose and mouth - right? - - its there to try to keep your sneezes and coughs from shooting across the room so that 6 feet is enough to keep others safe from the person wearing the face covering

they dont want you to cover your face to protect yourself - - they have made that very clear - - around here they have even said the self protecting type of coverings should only be worn by medical personal and first responders so that there are enough

• And people do not even know that a piece of cloth/paper material over their nose and mouth does not even make a good dust mask. Neither will help you out with the Corvid 19 virus.

I would have to differ with that... Since I have been using one of those masks in the fall when I do the leaves... I do not have anywhere near the crud in my nose as I did before I used them... I have been using the paper masks (like a bunch of people use now) and also have just used a bandanna like the Cowboys used to... Makes a big difference on the dust from the leaves being mulched.

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• I would have to differ with that... Since I have been using one of those masks in the fall when I do the leaves... I do not have anywhere near the crud in my nose as I did before I used them... I have been using the paper masks (like a bunch of people use now) and also have just used a bandanna like the Cowboys used to... Makes a big difference on the dust from the leaves being mulched.

That is the whole point, they do make a fair dust mask, but no where near what the N-95 mask is. Try spraying paint with a dust mask.

• That is the whole point, they do make a fair dust mask, but no where near what the N-95 mask is. Try spraying paint with a dust mask.

I get what you are trying to say... but initially you just mentioned that they do not even make a good dust mask... that is what I was referring to.... If one sneezes and has one of the masks on it also stops the sneeze from blasting through the air for 10 ft or more. There was an article with data that showed the mask was more effective at stopping that sneeze spray than an elbow or hand . The idea is to help slow the spread with the mask... even with an n-95 mask if you do not wear it properly or even remove it properly you will not be protecting yourself.... I know everyone things the Chinese data is fake and it may be, but both China and Korea have significantly slowed the spread with masks and distancing.

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• as a side note our local people said the n-95 masks with the valve on them will make things worse - the valve is designed to release the exhaled air - these masks are designed only to protect the wearer and with the valve make it easier for them to breath - - - unfortunately the valve actually can focus the exhaled air and droplets and make them go even further than they would with no mask at all making this type of mask actually increase the spread of the virus when worn by the general public

if you are wearing a mask with a valve - stop! the air release valve defeats the purpose

• as a side note our local people said the n-95 masks with the valve on them will make things worse - the valve is designed to release the exhaled air - these masks are designed only to protect the wearer and with the valve make it easier for them to breath - - - unfortunately the valve actually can focus the exhaled air and droplets and make them go even further than they would with no mask at all making this type of mask actually increase the spread of the virus when worn by the general public

if you are wearing a mask with a valve - stop! the air release valve defeats the purpose

the masks with a one way out valve are made for dust....If you are the one that’s sick letting droplets, spit or snot fly out isn’t the best thing in my mind. The “Out” valve defeats the purpose.

At work the only dust masks we had were the N95 masks.....we used them for dust, dirt, smoke pollution.

• I will insert my two cents here against my better judgment. Cause usually when people start to get upset I have to start hitting the unlike button on a ton of YouTube videos after they act like a child.

That aside, I do respect everyone here and your opinions. But you are literally debating WHICH mask is correct when not more than a few months ago it was directed to not wear a mask at all. So who's to say what your debating now is even correct. As I've clearly told my kids, you will not know who was right or wrong or what should've been done until probably years from now when facts(which is a term I use loosely in today's society) are more abundant.

Me personally, and I feel I have a little ground to speak from as I've had the virus as most know(just told another member earlier I've lived it and got the souvenir shirt), wear a mask with the valve while I'm at work. I do not wear one when out unless asked to.

Yes, I work at one of the horrible and completely hated meat packing plants that despite what everyone says they love to shop from when it's time to fire up the grill or go out to dinner. Unless your completely vegan, you support these businesses. It is what it is.

I wear a mask with the valve while at work cause it's 35 degrees and I'm constantly on the move. Breathing without it is essentially impossible. I'm not as worried there because most unfortunately the majority of the other people there don't seem to care or follow the other guidelines(probably why the numbers jumped the way they did) so I do what I have to do for me and my crew. It is to note I also wear a face shield while in close contact with others so I'm not completely "negligent". Depending on who you ask I can't get it again, or I can. Or wearing a mask is worse... who knows.

All I can say is I did all I could to prevent and still ended up a statistic. So I put myself and family first. I'm as respectful as possible around strangers and that's about all you can do. Which should've been the case before Corona. If even after that if your still worried about catching it. Stay home. It's the only way. Kinda like being that person complaining their birth control failed and they're pregnant. There's only one way to 100% prevent that. Risk vs reward. If you prefer others mask to be scented or ribbed for your pleasure well then your going to live unhappily. Walk the other way and learn to worry about what you can control.

Other than that, you guys stay safe and healthy and be kind to one another. When in doubt drive that sling faster so you outrun the rona or blow the mask off8)

• you do know that the point of covering you face is to restrict the droplets of moisture that come out of your own nose and mouth - right? - - its there to try to keep your sneezes and coughs from shooting across the room so that 6 feet is enough to keep others safe from the person wearing the face covering

they dont want you to cover your face to protect yourself - - they have made that very clear - - around here they have even said the self protecting type of coverings should only be worn by medical personal and first responders so that there are enough

The problem is that there is a proper protocol to wearing masks and discarding them. I am concerned that the improper methods being used are making things worse because people FEEL they are safer and protecting others. It seems like almost every talking head has to adjust or remove their mask (moist with bacteria/viruses) on camera. Then they immediately touch the podium, microphone or paperwork. This sets an incorrect example for viewers. Everyone should immediately wash or disinfect their hands after touching their mask! Everytime I watch mask wearers in a crowd a large percentage have them under their chin or only over their mouth.Wearing it incorrectly defeats the purpose and when they touch it to adjust it, they have contaminated their hands. If they touch anything it is just like they are coughing on whatever they touch, and now there are other contaminated objects that can potentially make others ill. Add to that the current craze of dumping used masks on the ground or floor where children and pets can play with them and I am not sure anyone is safer.

I will also add that constant wearing of masks does indeed increase the chances of lung infections, and breathing disorders. So wearers need to ensure that they are not making themselves sick following poorly thought out guidelines.

• The problem is that there is a proper protocol to wearing masks and discarding them. I am concerned that the improper methods being used are making things worse because people FEEL they are safer and protecting others. It seems like almost every talking head has to adjust or remove their mask (moist with bacteria/viruses) on camera. Then they immediately touch the podium, microphone or paperwork. This sets an incorrect example for viewers. Everyone should immediately wash or disinfect their hands after touching their mask! Everytime I watch mask wearers in a crowd a large percentage have them under their chin or only over their mouth.Wearing it incorrectly defeats the purpose and when they touch it to adjust it, they have contaminated their hands. If they touch anything it is just like they are coughing on whatever they touch, and now there are other contaminated objects that can potentially make others ill. Add to that the current craze of dumping used masks on the ground or floor where children and pets can play with them and I am not sure anyone is safer.

I will also add that constant wearing of masks does indeed increase the chances of lung infections, and breathing disorders. So wearers need to ensure that they are not making themselves sick following poorly thought out guidelines.

Kind of like wearing gloves, you reckon. If you are not changing them every time you handle something, what good are they?

• I HATE wearing the mask!! I am one of the ones most vulnerable to the virus. I wear one - not for the reason you might imagine. The thought of me getting the virus, not know it and give it to somebody else possibly killing them Is a risk I am not willing to take. I need a mask that says “I can’t breathe” for a totally different meaning 😂

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it