Corona Virus

• frankly this kind of technology makes me very nervous - Man made antibody neutralizes covid-19

At first when I read it I think "wow that's great" but then I have to wonder what if this man made antibody attacks some other target instead of the intended virus? - - - call me paranoid, but it seems like all of my life they have been discovering 10 years too late that some drugs and or treatments have horrible side effects - - - and how long will something like a man made antibody stay in the body and will it turn its focus some other direction after the virus is neutralized? Also once its in a body can it ever be undone if something bad is discovered - - yea thanks, but no thanks

Personally I think I would rather go with natural antibodies long before this kind of man made thing - man just seems to find a way to screw things up way to often for my taste =O

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Kennedy was actually killed by a sneeze from the grassy knoll and they just kept it under "wraps" until they sent it to the dark side of the moon. Transformers brought that nasty bug down here and spread it across the whole globe because the green movement needed to be able to hug trees without slingshots.... Oh wait... this was a thread and not a fiction novel... sorry....

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• https://www.thelancet.com/jour…-6736(20)30251-8/fulltext

oh no....the virus was engineered.....nothing to see here....move along...

is it a conspiracy yet?

why would anyone want to engineer a deadly virus? To make the world a better, safer place? To benefit all mankind....by killing everyone?....yeah that’s it to help all mankind.....don’t forget how much China loves us......seems like they come up with a new Deadly virus every couple of years....that just happens to spread all around the world....

• Kennedy was actually killed by a sneeze from the grassy knoll and they just kept it under "wraps" until they sent it to the dark side of the moon. Transformers brought that nasty bug down here and spread it across the whole globe because the green movement needed to be able to hug trees without slingshots.... Oh wait... this was a thread and not a fiction novel... sorry....

it was an accident....the guy on the grassy knoll was just cleaning his gun and it went off ...blowing off the presidents head.... Yeah that’s it an accident...the Warren report says A different story.....GHWB was involved.....CIA Was involved...Johnson was involved...Everyone but Oswald was involved....

• WARNING!!

N95 Masks with valve on front NOT SAFE!!! - - - do not use!!

The reason to wear face coverings in this virus is to keep us from spreading germs when exhaling, coughing or sneezing - - the masks with the valve only filter the air the wearer breaths in and the valve may actually focus the air exhaled or from sneezes and coughs and act like a power nozzle and propel them even further than without a mask

As a side note if you bought those overpriced masks with the valve from slingshotonly - - - bummer!

• Geee here's a surprise...

"Overall, 31% of cases, 45% of hospitalizations, 53% of ICU admissions, and 80% of deaths associated with COVID-19 were among adults aged ≥65 years with the highest percentage of severe outcomes among persons aged ≥85 years," the report said.

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

"Overall, 31% of cases, 45% of hospitalizations, 53% of ICU admissions, and 80% of deaths associated with COVID-19 were among adults aged ≥65 years with the highest percentage of severe outcomes among persons aged ≥85 years," the report said.

That just goes to show you that the DEMOCRATS really did have a plan to extend the life of Social Security

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

so basically that would imply that 95% of the people here on this forum are in the high risk category and should probably do our best to stay the hell away from potential carriers

only problem with trying to do that is that some studies seem to indicate that 50% or more of the people who have Covid-19 are asymptomatic and can be walking around spreading the virus without even knowing they have it =O

frankly I hope this has all been blown way out of proportion - - and I guess as restrictions are lifted we will find out :/

• Edward Neal frankly I hope this has all been blown way out of proportion - - and I guess as restrictions are lifted we will find out :/

Going to the "conspiratorial" side....

If this was a "lets get Trump" thing like the Russia Russia Russia thing, what is his achilles heal?? I say the American People. The one and only place you can possibly manipulate Trump is if the people of this country are going to be harmed. If someone marched into my house and told me of catastrophic things coming to my family - no hurtle is too high.

This Dr Fouchi is LOVING his 15 min of fame. Getting pictures with Bab's and the like. Saying hydroxychloroquine is a big maybe ( because there is no $$ in it) while touting other drugs that really have not been tested.

Time will tell on this... but next time - and there will be a next time, we should not shut down but surround the elderly with protection first. The rights we all enjoy were paid for by millions upon millions of Americans giving all. We should be ardent and hold fast to them

(our rights) or a pandemic will be a day at the beach compared to how we will suffer.

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• Its actually a very interesting thing to think about. The only way to find out if this was/is as bad as some say is to open back up and find out. Right now it seems that for the most part this is what is starting happen, places opening back up - so now there seem to be two possible outcomes - maybe three.

1 - we open back up and nothing major happens no huge spike in illness and no major spike in deaths - Result - Blame Trump for over reacting and killing economy

2 - We open back up and there is a huge spike in illness and in deaths - Result - Blame Trump for not taking command and preventing this

possible #3 - we open back up and its a mixed bag some areas see huge spikes and others not so much - Result - Blame Trump for allowing areas that were not ready to open up to soon - and it wont matter if the areas are blue or red - if the spike is in red areas it will Be trumps fault for letting them open and if the spike is in blue areas it will be Trumps fault for not helping enough

In the end with all of the unknowns about this virus I have no idea what will happen, but the one thing I would be willing to put money on is that in the end the left and the media will blame Trump for the bad and find every possible reason not to credit him for anything good. :thumbsup:

did that scare you enough to vote by mail...they know who this demographic is likely to vote for....and it’s not in their interest....

• and just how reliable will those statistics be......depends on which party writes them....

everything is a conspiracy.....

• so basically that would imply that 95% of the people here on this forum are in the high risk category and should probably do our best to stay the hell away from potential carriers

only problem with trying to do that is that some studies seem to indicate that 50% or more of the people who have Covid-19 are asymptomatic and can be walking around spreading the virus without even knowing they have it =O

frankly I hope this has all been blown way out of proportion - - and I guess as restrictions are lifted we will find out :/

Yeah, this really bothers me.

As an over-60 asthmatic with previous heart problems, I'm a high risker.

This fall I'm supposed to go back teaching irresponsible 20-somethings face-to-mask at the University.

No word yet if University has a plan to keep us old farts safe. Almost afraid to ask - don't want to be forced out of my job!

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• Yeah, this really bothers me.

As an over-60 asthmatic with previous heart problems, I'm a high risker.

This fall I'm supposed to go back teaching irresponsible 20-somethings face-to-mask at the University.

No word yet if University has a plan to keep us old farts safe. Almost afraid to ask - don't want to be forced out of my job!

Stay safe around those idiots bro!!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it