W H O officially a pandemic

• And yet if i was to post that i buy my oil change kit from the Polaris dealer for my Slingshot ...

Most will post back...You are nuts, Go to the house of China AKA Walmart its cheeper ....

Some times a Cigar is just a Cigar.......

• And yet if i was to post that i buy my oil change kit from the Polaris dealer for my Slingshot ...

Most will post back...You are nuts, Go to the house of China AKA Walmart its cheeper ....

Agree, I think I am in the minority in that I support my local auto, motorcycle and Slingshot dealer when possible. I think it's a good idea and it helps in assurance they will be there to provide specific services I may need in the future.

• Well, if you care about these types of things, I did some quick googling. I use Castrol oil in all of my vehicles except my slingshot. The SS gets Valvoline VR1 oil right now, it's headquartered in Lexington, KY and claims the refining is all done here in the US.

Castrol is a British company, but has manufacturing in both the US and Europe, from what I could find.

Mobile 1 is listed as Singapore, I only looked that one up because a lot of people use it.

I use K&N filters on all of my vehicles, they are inexpensive and seem to do a good job. They are owned and made in California.

As to the orginal question, I didn't even bother to look it up. I don't mind paying a bit more for a product made here in the US, but I'm not dropping $70+ on an oil change kit, just to buy from Polaris. They have plenty of my money :)

• Not to be Debbie Downer, or sound overly obtuse, but-

unless I am mistaken, we are extremely reliant on China for many of our antibiotics, as well as the bulk of rare earth metals. Seems to me, we ought to step carefully- too easy to throw out the baby with the bathwater.

that’s why we need to bring them all back here.....

don’t forget they’re cooking rice in that bath water..

• Everyone knows I a Little nuts....I drive 120 miles one way to have my dealer change my oil. Nielsen's Ent, Lake Villa, IL has taken very good care of me.... I don't claim to be good with the wrenches...If I really wanted to I could do the oil change and a lot more I just don't care to do the wrenching on my Slingshot.

• I have been very lucky - the dealer that I bought from really doesn’t give a crap about SS owners - the are a huge Jap bike, HD, Indian, jet skis, you name it dealer - the vast majority of work done on my SS has been done by forum brothers here. They all have my eternal gratitude and I keep the cold Dr Peppers coming while they work. We all must do what we are best at :00008172:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it