What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies....?

• I'd love to know how drilling through the double walls you were able to drill through the outer wall in just the right location. I bought all the necessary parts years ago, but have been afraid to drill the holes.

• This works real good if you do not have the fenders on. I have the kit on Sling I and also Sling II. But I do not run fenders on either one

• Frank do you have the 'link' to those vents?

• I'd love to know how drilling through the double walls you were able to drill through the outer wall in just the right location. I bought all the necessary parts years ago, but have been afraid to drill the holes.

I'm with you on that as it was why I held out so long. But after the first cut if you follow below there really isn't much concern.

I made a template using thin cardboard (from case of beer or soda in above picture). Traced the outer diameter of the vent then the inner diameter. Marked the center on the template and punched a small hole for marking. Placed the template on the lower forward inside sidewall just above the floor mat and marked the sidewall with the center of the template using a silver marker. I first drilled a small pilot hole through both walls with a small bit from inside to outside holding the drill about level. Then used the 3" hole saw from inside to outside following the pilot drill. It's fairly forgiving as to vent fit. In fact after drilling with the whole saw you will need to ream the inner circle just a bit. Thats where the drum sander came in. The main concern is not placing the hole too high above the bottom floor so as to cut into the base of the rain fenders/deflectors. Again, I placed just above my mats and had a good 1/2 inch + to spare.

• This works real good if you do not have the fenders on. I have the kit on Sling I and also Sling II. But I do not run fenders on either one

I saw a complete kit out there placed higher up it entails cutting the rain fenders and the tub wall using a template. At first, I had thought about purchasing that kit. Not sure if that is the reference?

This was posted some time ago by someone on the forum using a car vent and gauge pod as an air scoop placed below the fender. I'll get a chance to use it tomorrow. Hoping for some lower air flow.

• Frank do you have the 'link' to those vents?

Bought the parts some time ago. Since then, my old computer quit, and I lost all my saved stuff not to mention my old email access. What a pain! If I were a betting man, I would place a very high possibility on these. Looks and numbers add up.

• Baker air wings help out tremendously with cockpit airflow. Thanks to EjFord for the air wing showing at Slingshots in the Poconos a few years back. I have them and would highly recommend. Some time ago someone posted this wonderful vent install. I saved it and actually purchased the items last year. Just got around to installing today. Now waiting for the silicone adhesive to fully cure for a test run. I think it's going to be like riding on cloud nine! Install was fairly easy and turned out great! Mant thanks to the original poster and the idea! Cool rides await!

Slingshot floor vents

I think that was one of my posts from years ago. Original props goes to Miniron.

The only update that I have done is to open the guage pod so it is more of a scoop.

Grabs air even better!

Some crude instructions here: FIRST 24,500 POST ARCHIVE : What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies.....? CLOSED THREAD

• I saw a complete kit out there placed higher up it entails cutting the rain fenders and the tub wall using a template. At first, I had thought about purchasing that kit. Not sure if that is the reference?

This was posted some time ago by someone on the forum using a car vent and gauge pod as an air scoop placed below the fender. I'll get a chance to use it tomorrow. Hoping for some lower air flow.

Look up Polaris Slingshot cool vent system on Google. They are out of stock right now and cost $119. There is nothing that works with the fenders/splash guards on. Believe me I have tried it all. I have been running a home made system that works since around 2016 and it really dumps the air into the cockpit. I am running both on Sling II. I also have a vent system on my top, yes it also works.

• It looks like the cool vent system pretty much takes the same concept and just moves the hole and the vent above the fender instead of the other one doing it below the fender.....couldn't you just use the same vent and scoop and just mount it above the fender like the cool vent system is?

• vent or no vent, I say "take those fenders off!" - - they slow you down and dont really do much else. plus I think the Sling looks better without them

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• does anyone know the length of the OEM alternator belt on a 2017? I took it to napa and they measured it at 34 3/4" but i think that is a bit odd. anyway, I upgraded the alternator to a high output alternator AND the company told me that i need to put a belt that is 1/2" shorter than what was on it. meaning i should go to a 34 1/4" belt. I have tried i dont know how many ways to get that thing on and there is absolutely NO WAY i can make it go on. I think that is way too small of a belt for the system because if i pull the tensioner pulley all the way out, the belt still wont go on. so there is no way this should be the right one. the OEM alternator is 140 amp and i went to a 260 amp alternator from tuscon alternator in arizona. if you can help me figure this out I would be so forever grateful. and of course if you are close to lorton VA I will buy you a beer or two lol.