What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies....?

• Has anyone tried mounting led light pods inside of the roll hoops to aim towards the ground in front of the ss as to not blind oncoming drivers? I'm wondering if having them up there would provide enough of an angle to throw the beam down on the road in front better.

There are two things wrong with that. The first is, it’s illegal. State laws prohibit lights above a certain height. The second is, the light coming from above and behind lights up the hood and causes the driver to see the road less. This is the problem with lights mounted on the cab or roll bar of trucks.

• I can see a ticket coming in the future.

• The second is, the light coming from above and behind lights up the hood and causes the driver to see the road less. This is the problem with lights mounted on the cab or roll bar of trucks.

Lights above the windshield of a CJ5 in front of the driver do the same. No bueno.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• and here is the answer...

I backcut the cupholder snaps and they pop in and are somewhat tight!

Used my pocket knife and back cut them just a tad

and Boom!! btw - I would add double stick tape. Zarates added a single piece up by the shifter - not enough at all.

.::. Knowledge, like air, is vital to life. Like air, no one should be denied it .::.

• Okay, not a DIRECT SlingShot Mod, but it is a SS Goodie - so that I can tow the SS and sleep/camp where-ever. Put a deposit on this today (actually not THIS one, but the same model - the one I bought is already off the website). Tow 5500 lbs and sleeps 2!

very nice! Is that a 5210?

• Well that looks a bit out of place

• Yep, exactly. Drive 8, feed 6, sleep 2! I went with the 2 couch option instead of a dinette. No slide.

I heard this from a yacht owner in the San Juan Islands years ago. The perfect boat entertains 8, dines 6 and sleeps 2. Makes perfect sense. I was going to post that but didn't. First time I've heard it applied to a motorhome.

chavey2 that's a sweet unit. And just a reminder - with your outdoor space you can feed ALL your Slingshot buddies!

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Bought a SS-specific aluminum trailer from a previous member who sold his SS a couple months ago (some of you might recognize the logo on the fender). The ramps are mounted to the front to act as a sand shield and fenders come off for loading/unloading. Biggest problem is the trailer is TOO low - hitting driveways and such.

• Buy a lower drop receiver for the truck. If you drop the nose down 2 more inches, the rear height increases the same amount and you might not have that issue of bottoming out as much. I had to use a 7 1/2 drop hitch to get that done, but ran into a few situations where the bottom of the threads to the ball would hit bottom entering some driveways. I trail and error if you have or can borrow a few different sizes or buy the adjustable receiver that has a few inches of adjustability to it

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Bought a SS-specific aluminum trailer from a previous member who sold his SS a couple months ago (some of you might recognize the logo on the fender). The ramps are mounted to the front to act as a sand shield and fenders come off for loading/unloading. Biggest problem is the trailer is TOO low - hitting driveways and such.

You probably discovered the real reason the PO sold it.