What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies....?

• I am starting to scour the Internet for some LEDs that are approximately 3 1/2“ x 1/2“ that will fit in the forward slot where the Canadian headlights would go. Much like the three stripes that you see on the front of the current Mustangs. Has anybody done this or have any suggestions? I want it to be a Cobb or solid looking light not a multi dot LED to go in this area.

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• I hate wiring...tucking cables, connections, etc... such a pain in the ass and I truly envy guys who enjoy this stuff as I hate it. Ran into issue with using that relay that powers the LED on my hoops as there was a voltage stepper or something in the harness they came with that ended up limiting power to my fuse box. Got in front of that voltage board and bam, fuse box worked on ignition with full power. Got new horns hooked up (I like easy stuff) and then headlight switch as well...then test wired all the speakers and found out I'm having an issue with the cable I'm trying to use. Goal is to add these 4 speakers and subs w/out messing up ride command and while it's working I need a splitter or something to signal this amp properly. More research and more to figuring out to do with my setup but it's closer lol

I'm also kinda glad I didn't get it wrapped up today as the hood extensions from DDM will be here tomorrow and I'd rather just put hood on with those when it's time to get it back on. Teens outside temperature wise so can't ride anyway but dang I want this project done already! -

• 3GunSteve not sure if this helps but this is what my SS came with to interface with the stock display.

https://www.audiocontrol.com/c…tory-system-upgrade/lc2i/

https://www.jlaudio.com/produc…audio-mx-amplifiers-98409

audio control LC series is the BEST audio control for stock united amplificación. It literally convertir your stock unit to work like an aftermarket radio with the sound system. No need to change the original radio with that. I have always owned them when working with stock units.

• looking for ways to mount my new four-point to the rollhoop without spending a couple hundred dollars for custom bracketing, I came up with this idea!

Just food for thought, generally when you mount the shoulder straps, as the straps pass through the seat they should be mounted between 0° (straight back) and -20 ° (downward angle) with -10° being optimal. With the shoulder straps mounted above the shoulder, two problems can occur. First, tension in the shoulder harness may be increased and undue stress may be applied to the harness and its structural mounts. In your case, this could possibly make those U bolts the weak link depending what grade metal they are. Second, excessive upwards angle of the shoulder belts may allow excessive motion of the person. If the harness belts are too far above the shoulder, they may provide little resistance to forward motion of the driver’s upper torso. This would increase force applied to the pelvic area. If you have a 4 point harness where there is no crotch strap, that COULD result in what's called the submarine effect where in a crash you could potentially slide under the lap belt. The crotch strap also keeps the lap belt positioned where it should be when the shoulder straps are tightened down. A lot of times when I see people with 4 point harnesses tighten the shoulder straps down, the lap belt comes up way too high which is also bad. I have seen people cut small slots in the plastic behind the seat and bolt the shoulder strap under the roll hoop to the frame. While not ideal, it would keep the straps at a nearly 0° angle behind you. I'm no pro and by no means do you need to change what you have if you are happy with it and it works for you. Mounting harnesses in a Slingshot properly is tricky. I just thought I would share some safety info that you may not have been aware of.

I realize you've already made a purchase, but take a look into TeamTech harnesses. They're SFI rated and extremely affordable. They're also extremely customizable from color of straps to stiching, pads, locks, and releases used. You can see them here https://teamtechmotorsports.com/product-category/harnesses/

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

Edited 2 times, last by Kyle D ().

• audio control LC series is the BEST audio control for stock united amplificación. It literally convertir your stock unit to work like an aftermarket radio with the sound system. No need to change the original radio with that. I have always owned them when working with stock units.

Just purchased the 7i for my cage to add a couple of amps and a sub...

• ...I'm no pro and by no means do you need to change what you have if you are happy with it and it works for you. Mounting harnesses in a Slingshot properly is tricky. I just thought I would share some safety info that you may not have been aware of...

Kyle D you go right on giving that advice wherever you see an issue with safety. You may have saved someone's life, including mine, if I ever decide to go with the harnesses. I certainly would not have known any of that. Thanks!

"If I were a Jedi, there's a 100% chance I would use the force inappropriately!"

• thanks brother for your input that’s why am on here there’s definitely smarter people than me, LOL. It seems like everybody is looking out for each other, in this slingshot family. The hoops I got are high-quality stainless steel used to pull boats on the trailer, but temporary, I was looking for an entry-level way to feel how the harnesses worked, after the initial feeling of not being able to move ( which is why the harnesses made the way they are) I’ve got very comfortable with them and will be keeping them. I’m going to move the harnesses down so they come out between the panels off the roll bar bolts. I’m a simple man of means, just trying to enjoy my Slingshot as inexpensively as possible and wishing I could keep up with the Jones!

Sling safe my friends

• If you have the Top shown in your avatar, try installing one of these - https://smile.amazon.com/Allst…ing-Bracket/dp/B006K8VHU8. It normally uses L-brackets that are installed by drilling some screw holes in the Top's crossbar, but after I installed mine, I realized I probably could have just used some hose clamps to hold the crossbar or I could have used a pair of appropriately-sized crossbar headlight mounts with some minor hardware mods to allow me to use the studs sticking out from the mirror to fasten the mirror to the brackets. The multi-panel mirrors will allow you to see behind your Slingshot and will also pretty much eliminate any blind spots. I now use some compact motorcycle mirrors that use the same mounting threads the stock mirrors use (https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KM9139Q/), but the multi-panel mirror works so well that I have been tempted to removed the side mirrors.

BLK that sounds like a great solution, do you have any pictures of your install?

• I installed the FZ-1 Accessory Fuse Block today getting ready to install wheel and underglow light Saturday. Watched the install video several time but it was on a 2019 or older sling shot so I could not find a good mounting spot by the firewall drivers side. There is a square crossmember just in front of the battery of the battery so mounted it on top of that. Zip tied it there as I don't see any provision to bolt it down. Maybe they wanted me to use double stick tape. For what this thing cost I would have expected better instructions or way to mount it. I do like the box its self. I did not cut the cables to length just in case the light harness wound reach there. If any of you guys have mounted one on a 2020 R a pic of yours would help.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• Working in my buddy's garage is expensive... Saw all the ways I could make my garage better. Still got a ways to go, but if you saw the old workbench in the background of that light photo I posted, you can tell it has really come a long way. We built the harbor freight roller chest tonight and pretty impressed with how smooth the bearings feel and how beefy it is. Tomorrow the 14 year old is going to tackle the out of control socket drawer now that we have more than one tool box! Have a lot of parts yet to work on when the sling gets back to my garage and it'll be ready and a little more organized!

• Well saw this mod on a FB Group and thought I would replicate it. Came out pretty good, today I will clean up the wood base and make it look pretty. The only problem I have now is I need another set of cup holders for when the wife rides, she doesn't want to lose her cup holders. So if anyone has a set of cup holders for sale please let me know.

Life is simple ... you're either "Qualified or you're Not'

Edited once, last by Bubblehead ().

• Well saw this mod on a FB Group and thought I would replicate it. Came out pretty good, today I will clean up the wood base and make it look pretty. The only problem I have now is I need another set of cup holders for when the wife rides, she doesn't want to lose her cup holders. So if anyone has a set of cup holders for sale please let me know.

You trim the bolts hanging down? I would think they'd come close to the drive shaft.

Psalm 28:4 "Give to them according to the evil of their deeds"

"Attitude determines airspeed, throttle determines touchdown point"

TheDonFather - Videos

I bet if you went to a fabric shop and got some faux leather or maybe even ostrich to match the black in your seats and wrapped it I bet it would look pretty slick.

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke