What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies....?

• Got the missing clips for the ebrake rear caliper install. I installed clips, adding brake pads, bled rear brake. I have to say adding pads to the new DDM rear caliper is So easy. And bleeding the caliper with speed bleeders is SO easy. Installed new zzp slotted front rotors. That was super easy. Couldn't install new DDM front calipers because supposed to use old pads to set the new rotors. Well, we are having a nor easter here so bedding rotors may be a week or 2 down the road. The front OEM rotors were at 20.2mm. So I didn't really have to buy new. But I figured what the hell, start out fresh and I'll probably never need new rotors. These are great projects for off season. Did the supercharger in the off season also.

• Got the missing clips for the ebrake rear caliper install. I installed clips, adding brake pads, bled rear brake. I have to say adding pads to the new DDM rear caliper is So easy. And bleeding the caliper with speed bleeders is SO easy. Installed new zzp slotted front rotors. That was super easy. Couldn't install new DDM front calipers because supposed to use old pads to set the new rotors. Well, we are having a nor easter here so bedding rotors may be a week or 2 down the road. The front OEM rotors were at 20.2mm. So I didn't really have to buy new. But I figured what the hell, start out fresh and I'll probably never need new rotors. These are great projects for off season. Did the supercharger in the off season also.

what the heck is this off season you speak of?

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• That's when it's so HOT in Southern CA you want to stay in the 'AC' 24/7.

well, in over 5 years I haven't let the heat stop me from riding yet - - just need to drive faster when its hot :thumbsup:

• Or early in the am / late in the pm.

this morning when I road over to help my wife set up at her farmers market it was 38 degrees - beautiful and clear, but damn cold by my standards and almost made me wish I had a full windshield - - but in the end my double bubbles and the extra air flow they allow is better 90% to the time and I'm too lazy to be switching back n forth

• Merry Christmas to all of you! Hope your having a safe and enjoyable holiday!

Look, even YOLO got a present this year....unfortunately the wife wouldn't let me put it under the tree. 2023 is going to be great though and excited to be tinkering again!

No description available.

You mean it didn’t have a motor! Wow what a lucky Slingshot!

Keep Three Wheels Down

• Merry Christmas to all of you! Hope your having a safe and enjoyable holiday!

Look, even YOLO got a present this year....unfortunately the wife wouldn't let me put it under the tree. 2023 is going to be great though and excited to be tinkering again!

No description available.

What's up with women? Mine wouldn't let me hang my motorcycle from the living room ceiling. It's not like she'd have to dust it. Easy solution. 2nd tree in the garage.

Now give us the goods 3GunSteve . What's she getting?

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• When I bought my slingshot, it was wired with a battery tender plug. I have since bought a Noco jump start box, and a Noco battery charger. I swapped out the battery tender wiring, for the Noco jump start wiring. If I need to jump start the vehicle, I don't need to use the alligator clips. I can just plug the cable directly into the jump start box.

I did have to buy an adapter to connect the Noco battery charger to the jump start plug. I like the charger because it is selectable for lead-acid, AGM, or lithium-ion batteries, and it also desulfates automatically.

I took care of a recall item. I bought the Polaris kit (part # 2208580) to address the 50 amp fuse block issue in the battery compartment. The hardest part was de-pinning the wire from the fuse block. The rest was straightforward. My fuse block was not melted or damaged in any way, so I am glad I took care the fix before any issues popped up. I added an extra piece of adhesive lined shrink tubing over the piece supplied, to further seal the connection. If I have read correctly, I should be able to get re-imbursed for the cost of the kit.

I also swapped out the magnetic brake light switch for the TricLED mechanical switch. Plug and play install. It works like it is supposed to, but I may need to extend the slot on the bracket for a little more adjustment to allow the switch to compress a little more when the brake pedal is at rest. The brake lights come on as soon as I touch the peddle. I just need to make sure that it is not so sensitive that the brake lights are blinking when I am driving around and hitting bumps and such.