What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies....?

• Finished the ATOTO A6 PF head unit install. The audio is far better then the Boss head unit but I'll update after some use. I didn't get a chance to take it for a ride to see if the screen is any better in direct sunlight than the Boss. I hope it is since that is the main reason I purchased it. Oops forgot the right switch filler. Hope I can find it.

• Love getting boxes from this place. Maybe install next weekend. I'm pooped out from working on other cars all weekend. (Brakes, tie rods, new lug nuts, tire pressures, and fiberglass work.)

Sent from my SM-G960U using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

And here's what was in the box:

And then a little before and after. Job took me about 2 hours. That's because of the Turbo. I had to remove the turbo and jack up the engine to get the new header in. And then of course I dropped one of the header nuts. $#@$^#&%#@$!!! Dunno where it went - and I looked a while, even climbing under the SS to see if I could track it down. I just so happened to have another of the same nut in my junk drawer! Told the (now-ex) wife that that stuff would come in valuable one day!:

Of course, I didn't finish the whole thing. There's one step on page 2: Step 4: The stock manifold....can be removed from the engine bay and can now be used as a boat anchor.

I don't have a boat. DDM making me spend more money!

• [quote='SlingLow','https://slingshotinfo.com/index.php?thread/8916-what-was-today-s-sling-project-mods-goodies/&postID=377410#post377410']

DDM making me spend more money!

You need to take more responsibility for your decisions. DDMWorks is just an enabler.

So what is that with the Bad MFer on it? Yup. Saw that.

[/quote]

Yeah, I know. But I just can't quit. I think I need a DDMAA.

Yeah thats my wallet. Had it about 10 yrs now.

Separate question: What front brake rotors work on the SS? Presuming a Honda Civic since its their Hawk pads that fit. Current rotors have 23k on them, and they pass the fingernail test. But might want to replace them at the same time.

And yes, @Dave@DDM, I see the ones you have, but thats more than I need. :eek:

Sent from my SM-G960U using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

• Well, brakes are done. Took me a bit longer to do them, because, well . . . . I'm an idiot. Yes, the rotors were perfectly fine - did not replace them. But pretty much everything that could go wrong did - due to my own stupidity.

Here's before and after:

Let's see: What did I F' up:

1. Had to go to 5 different places to find a brake bleeder tool.
    2. Trip #2 to Autozone was for this:
    3. Forgot to put the rear pads back in before bleeding the front brakes and pushing the pedal. The problem here is that I had already used the caliper tool to push the piston back in - and returned the tool back to Autozone during trip #2. So I had to make a 3rd trip to Autozone to re-rent that stupid tool.
    4. Then while bleeding the brakes, I couldn't figure out why I was getting any brake fluid - to realize that I had unscrewed the adapter and not the zerk fitting itself. Took me 15 mins to figure that out.
    5. Oh, and I caught myself before I took the After picture above - I had the pads reversed.
  • At least you figured it all out and did get them installed, they look great and brakes should feel much better now. I'll send you a PM to see what we can put in the instructions to help keep this from happening to someone else.

• At least you figured it all out and did get them installed, they look great and brakes should feel much better now. I'll send you a PM to see what we can put in the instructions to help keep this from happening to someone else.

Thanks Dave,

Yeah, the errors were my own fault. Instructions were good - I just acted like a typical guy who thought he knew what he was doing. Mind you, about 1/2 of the actual time was also me pulling the rear caliper to paint and put in the new pads.

• Self deprecation and the ability to do it is a beautiful thing! Few of us admit how boneheaded we can be sometimes and Lord knows I have think I have an award somewhere for that😎

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎