What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies....?

• I am 6’4”/ 230 and although I can still do a lot of things I certainly don’t bend as well as I used to. Someday you young bucks will find that out too.

That’s what’s cool about our sling’s, everybody does it a little different.

For me, the ability to reach down with my index finger and slide the valve lever over and let it flow is a truly welcome convenience. I spent 40 bucks on my first sling Fumoto, I just did it again on this sling, and I will do it again should I have another one. To each his own.😎

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• I don't think I will try that on my 2020. The plug is on the bottom of the pan. I will have to keep getting under there to change it.

I totally agree! If the plug is on the very bottom under side of the pan I would not put a valve there either with the clearance that we have.

• I am 6’4”/ 230 and although I can still do a lot of things I certainly don’t bend as well as I used to. Someday you young bucks will find that out too.

That’s what’s cool about our sling’s, everybody does it a little different.

For me, the ability to reach down with my index finger and slide the valve lever over and let it flow is a truly welcome convenience. I spent 40 bucks on my first sling Fumoto, I just did it again on this sling, and I will do it again should I have another one. To each his own.😎

I hear ya on that brother. I did my own oil change before Bike Week. It took me two days to do it. Day one, I jacked it up, put jack stands under the front and drained the oil. Went over to my supply of Slingshot stuff and grabbed an oil filter and when i looked inside, I didn't find a new drain plug washer (I know they don't come with an oil filter, but I ALWAYS buy a couple of filters and drain plug washers at the same time and put the washer in the box so it doesn't get lost). Drove to my local Chevy dealer for a couple washers, and they didn't have any. But found out that for 27 cents more, i could get the washer AND a new drain plug as one pasrt number. So I now have spares. Got home and grabbed a 5 quart jug of Mobil 1 oil and found noticed that it wasn't the 5W30 for the Slingshot, but it was 5W20 for my Hemi Durango. Yup, back out to Walmart to get the proper oil. By this time I said I better stop and try again tomorrow before something bad happens. Getting old ain't fun, but at least your memory gets so bad you forget about these days and enjoy the fact you're retired and have plenty of time to ride the Slingshot like you were a kid again

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• I hear ya on that brother. I did my own oil change before Bike Week. It took me two days to do it. Day one, I jacked it up, put jack stands under the front and drained the oil. Went over to my supply of Slingshot stuff and grabbed an oil filter and when i looked inside, I didn't find a new drain plug washer (I know they don't come with an oil filter, but I ALWAYS buy a couple of filters and drain plug washers at the same time and put the washer in the box so it doesn't get lost). Drove to my local Chevy dealer for a couple washers, and they didn't have any. But found out that for 27 cents more, i could get the washer AND a new drain plug as one pasrt number. So I now have spares. Got home and grabbed a 5 quart jug of Mobil 1 oil and found noticed that it wasn't the 5W30 for the Slingshot, but it was 5W20 for my Hemi Durango. Yup, back out to Walmart to get the proper oil. By this time I said I better stop and try again tomorrow before something bad happens. Getting old ain't fun, but at least your memory gets so bad you forget about these days and enjoy the fact you're retired and have plenty of time to ride the Slingshot like you were a kid again

By the time I had done all of that, I would have looked at my Sling and wondered why it was up on jacks... 🤣

"If I were a Jedi, there's a 100% chance I would use the force inappropriately!"

• Well if I had to wait a long time for it to drain I probably would forget the value was open and pour the oil in. Did that one time on my inboard boat engine. 5 qts of oil makes a slick bilge. Don't ask me what the wife said as we were kind of short on money at that time.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• Changing the oil on the Slingshots with the EcoTec is one of the easiest oil change jobs I have ever done. There is no doubt whatsoever ever that the Fumoto valve is purely optional and very far from a necessity

Now having said that these are the reasons why I think it is worth it

1. No drain plug to remove or tool required - - - I know this sounds minor, but by not having a drain plug to remove all of the possible problems associated with drain plug removal and replacement are also gone - - no need to worry if the drain plug washer is still good and no need to ever replace, no worries about not getting it perfectly tight and having to get back under and retighten because there is a slight leak - and most importantly to me never having to worry about over tightening or stripping the aluminum oil pan - - I know this rare, and I personally have never done it, but it does happen and once the Fumoto is installed it is no longer even remotely possible

2. As SoCal pointed out above it just makes the whole oil change job easier - simply slide the drain pan under, use your hand to flip the valve open and let it drain - This does take a bit longer, but changing oil for me is not a race, it is a lazy Saturday morning job and I am never in a hurry heck, when it gets to were it seems to have stopped draining I even like to roll my floor jack under the driver side and use it to tilt the sling just to be sure I get it as completely drained as possible - - no rush, take my time do it right and also keep things clean.

3: and this really should be number 1 - - Peace of mind, never having to wonder "did I get that tight enough" "should I have replaced the washer" and best of all never having to even think I could possibly put a wrench on the drain plug and become one of those people I have read about over the years running out to get one of these - - Oil Pan Thread Repair Kit - - - there is a reason why there are literally hundreds of kits like this on Amazon and at the auto parts stores

Aluminum Oil Pans - - - I have heard so many horror stories and even though I think I know enough to not ever become one of those stories with the Fumoto it is no longer even a thought

$40 to eliminate possible problems and possible worry and stress - - - why not?

Edit: considering what we pay for mods on our Slingshots some of which do nothing but look good - - - the Fumoto is a bargain :thumbsup:

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

Edited once, last by Edward Neal ().

• Well since you put it like that i should probably hop on this bargin ......

I think so - heck I have spent more $$ on shift knobs that have ended up sitting in a drawer =O

• One thing I have to say that I love about ordering from Slingmods - - Being in the same State things that are in stock get to me very quickly - ordered my master cylinder brace yesterday and it is expected to be here Monday

Might have to pay sales tax, but if I spend enough shipping is free and fast

:00008674:

Edited once, last by Edward Neal ().

I have just one question before I pull the trigger on something like that, and don't misunderstand me, I think it's a terrific idea, but given the clearance issues of the Sling, coupled with the fact that I'm asking this question before I get down on my knees and look, is there any danger of shearing that valve off when you drive over something like a speed bump?

"If I were a Jedi, there's a 100% chance I would use the force inappropriately!"

• Well if I had to wait a long time for it to drain I probably would forget the value was open and pour the oil in. Did that one time on my inboard boat engine. 5 qts of oil makes a slick bilge. Don't ask me what the wife said as we were kind of short on money at that time.

DJohnson ANYONE that owns a boat is always short on$🤑

• I have just one question before I pull the trigger on something like that, and don't misunderstand me, I think it's a terrific idea, but given the clearance issues of the Sling, coupled with the fact that I'm asking this question before I get down on my knees and look, is there any danger of shearing that valve off when you drive over something like a speed bump?

yes on the 2019‘s and under. Not sure about the 2020s and I believe they have the drain plug on the underside of the pan and I would not do that. 2019 and under the drain is on the side of the oil pan so no issues but you do need the nipple extension.

• I love when the nipples extend it is a indication you maybe in for a good ride.

Tell me about it I have three boats yet if you count the yak or five if i were to count the canoe and john boat. Add the sling to that and money can be short.

If the music is to loud you are to old.