Electrical question

• I have a blue sea fuse block mounted under the hood. I have a direct line from the battery to the fuse block delivering 12 V. I have two switches on my panel that are wired and ready to go both individual to the fuse block. I am toying with the idea of putting in an additional cigarette Lighter female receptacle on the passenger side for the use of a heated blanket. Here is my question; since the outlet would be wired directly to the fuse block and battery with nothing else in line or in the circuit with its own appropriate fuse this should not be an issue for the alternator or the battery correct? The additional load of the electric blanket if fused properly would not tax the Slingshot in an adverse way: correct? In other words this additional load on the battery would not adversely affect anything else.

I do not have the automotive battery but I do have the upgraded Slingshot battery.

Thank you all ahead of time for taking the time to chime in on this.

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• Yes, you should be OK with everything just the way you said. With the proper wire size and the correct fuse. If you do not know what the blanket will pull you can always start low on the fuse size and keep replacing with a higher fuse until it does not blow. This was how I found how much the Marco air horn pulled. Then you could just put one size larger fuse in for protection. I have worked in electricity since around 1968 and I do not even have anything to check DC Amps.

• Appreciated! Thank you!

This is the one I am going to get. My lovely wife in cold weather needs something over her thighs and this looks like a compact solution. Looks like the electrical draw is next to nothing. Thanks for the reassurance 🙂

• Just a thought...

You might want to put that blankie on an Ignition Switched circuit.

As often as you two random stop and jump out...

That blankie will keep sucking juice if she fails to unplug at every stop.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• that is a good thought however my main concern at the beginning was overloading the circuit. With the draw of this small blanket it doesn’t look like that’s going to be an issue. With our heated and cooling seats that we use we use a splitter for the cigarette lighter that is between the seats already. I always check my panel switches before we leave and that is why I would switch it there. But you are correct, at least Once or twice we have left the seats on🤪

• I'll make a "blanket" statement...it will work as you've laid out, minimal draw. How will the Queen of Corona use it though? Inside jacket?

The queen will lay it on top of her thighs on her lap. WITH the heated seat.
    In three weeks we will be doing this loop and heading to Sedona, Moab, Capitol reef, Bryce canyon, Valley of fire, Vegas. We are going loaded for bear! Should be in the 80s in Vegas and in the national forest mid 20s in the morning. But any SS day is a good day!😎 No matter what the temperature.