Other 3 wheeled vehicles

• Here's an interesting one. An 1897 Leon Bollee Voiturette built in Le Mans, France, powered by a 650 cc air cooled horizontal single and a final belt drive (sound familiar?). I don't have one of these and with a current bid of $60,500 I will continue to not have one.

c.1897 Léon Bollée Voiturette

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• I guess it's time to come clean with my new 3 wheeler. Even though some of you have seen these before, this one replaced the one that was in Maggie Valley just 3 months ago, The color combo really looks neat in person, so I hope the true color shows through these pics

Pics as it was picked at the dealership up with only 5 miles showing on it, and as it arrived at it's new home.

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Sharp ride Funinthesun ! Give us the lowdown on the hoedown. What are the specs and tell us about that top. Are those leather seats? Do they blow cold air up your kilt?

• Looking sharp, very nice ride Phil! Glad your back and riding again. Hope to see you again sometime down the road. Enjoy!

• Sharp ride Funinthesun ! Give us the lowdown on the hoedown. What are the specs and tell us about that top. Are those leather seats? Do they blow cold air up your kilt?

Thanks. The specs are a little misleading if you believe the factory. It uses a GM Ecotech 1.5 Turbo with 194hp and 203 ft/lbs torque. It weighs 1505 lbs and they say it does the zero to 60 mph in 4.5 seconds with a top speed of 138 mph. There's an aftermarket company that sells a tune that you can install yourself (you buy it and it can get installed and removed as many times as you'd like on ONE vehicle only) that advertises an additional 60 hp 90 ft/lbs of torque. It increases the boost to 23 lbs. It also comes with a much needed transmission shift improvement that is almost worth the cost by itself and you can add paddle shifters if the model you buy doesn't have it from the factory. (only on the GTS version I believe). They do have leather seats on 2 of the4 Carmel models, but mine isn't one of them. Storage space is on par with the Slingshot. It's a complete different feel having two front wheels pulling you through the turns vs one rear wheel pushing you along.

• Well here's another oldie being sold by the Indianapolis Motor Speedway Foundation, who sold the one in post #141 above. This one is a Benz Patent-Motorwagen built for Daimler Benz in 1986 to commemorate the 100th anniversary of their first automobile. This one is powered by a 954cc single that drives the rear wheels via a leather belt, idler and drive pulleys, and two drive chains. This particular setup was responsible for the creation of the first ever three-wheeler forum at the local grange hall for many discussions on adjusting the belt and eliminating 'unacceptable whine' and grinding. Eventually, Sam Owens' great grandfather, Jedediah Ownes, created the first 'talkie' to address this issue. The current bid is $30,250.and, not surprisingly, it is not street legal.

Benz Patent-Motorwagen Replica

Edited 2 times, last by SlingLow ().

• Love the Sam Owens reference :thumbsup:

• This just came up for sale locally on craigslist for $1,700. It's a 1966 West Coast Mailster Van powered by a two cylinder Onan, and sporting a fibreglass body in good condition. They were designed to deliver mail in small towns. This needs work to run and is so goofy that I feel like I should have it. Can anyone give me a reason I can't live without it? Or maybe just one practical use like delivering brats and beers to the firepit by the pond. Hey, I think I'm on to something there. I need to make a phone call...

• This just came up for sale locally on craigslist for $1,700. It's a 1966 West Coast Mailster Van powered by a two cylinder Onan, and sporting a fibreglass body in good condition. They were designed to deliver mail in small towns. This needs work to run and is so goofy that I feel like I should have it. Can anyone give me a reason I can't live without it? Or maybe just one practical use like delivering brats and beers to the firepit by the pond. Hey, I think I'm on to something there. I need to make a phone call...

I think you should go for it - - you could even use it to run to the end of the driveway to get the mail :thumbsup:

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I think you should go for it - - you could even use it to run to the end of the driveway to get the mail :thumbsup:

Well, it is 150 feet away. But I lost my mailbox key so I wait for Sara to get home.

You can ship it out to me and I'll see how well it does off-roading in the rain :(:(:(

Yeah, 'cause we don't get any rain up here in Washington.

Here's a shot Ilike to call, 'Right place, wrong equipment'.

• I know, I know, I know. The thread is for other 3 wheeled vehicles, but rather than starting a new thread, I thought this was unique enough on two wheels to at least get an honorable mention. If this ever comes to market, I guarantee that I will NOT be a buyer of one unless the styling gets a major overhaul. Might have to hire Harley Joe to create one of his works of art to make it look cool enough to ride

https://artstradamagazine.com/…ed-futuristic-motorcycle/

• I know, I know, I know. The thread is for other 3 wheeled vehicles, but rather than starting a new thread, I thought this was unique enough on two wheels to at least get an honorable mention. If this ever comes to market, I guarantee that I will NOT be a buyer of one unless the styling gets a major overhaul. Might have to hire Harley Joe to create one of his works of art to make it look cool enough to ride

https://artstradamagazine.com/…ed-futuristic-motorcycle/

Website looks 20 years old.

• As long as we're bending the rules just a touch, here's one that caught my attention. Technically it's a 2 wheeler with 2 outriggers but they called it an autocycle long before the Sling came along.

This is a 1986 Pulse Autocycle, powered by a liquid-cooled Kawasaki inline four and a 6 speed manual transmission. It's one of approximately 326 made by the Oswosso Motor Car Company in Michigan.

Now how cool is that?

No Reserve: 1986 Owosso Pulse Autocycle Project

Sliding canopy:

She got tunes!