To Boost - or not to Boost

• With a SC setup, you always have reproducible boost at the same rpm, so an AFR/Boost gauge is not as necessary other than for peace of mind monitoring. The most common AFR/Boost gauges are from AEM and Innovate Motorsports. Both brands offer data capture as well, making it easier to analyze how things are going. I prefer a combo gauge given the limited gauge space on the Slingshot, but some folks prefer dual gauge setups. Expect to pay around $300-350 for a complete AFR/Boost all-in-one setup.

• I have the innovate AFR/Boost combo gauge. I like that it has the logger capability as well so can hook up laptop and pull data / log rides live. Not needed at all, but had to keep an eye on turbo so hooked it up with supercharger since it was just reconfiguring a tube.

• I have the innovate AFR/Boost combo gauge. I like that it has the logger capability as well so can hook up laptop and pull data / log rides live. Not needed at all, but had to keep an eye on turbo so hooked it up with supercharger since it was just reconfiguring a tube.

I have the Innovate SCG-1 with PL-1 Data Logger. I do not have the Boost limit solenoid installed and just use it for monitoring the AFR and Boost values, keeping an eye on the display to ensure that I don't see a lean condition under boost. Overall, I like it when it works. I've now got 36000 miles on my turbo and gauges and some rides everything works fine, while on other rides I may see the AFR display drop out several times during a ride. Thinking it was possibly caused by an occasional short in the sensor cable, I replaced the O2 sensor last year. Even with the new O2 sensor, the AFR display still drops off. Unfortunately, I don't remember the specific error codes. The fact that it works most of the time makes me think I may have another O2 Sensor cable failure, but I wonder if it might be problem in the cable that connects the gauge to the O2 sensor cable. I guess I need to email Innovate and ask what they recommend.

• I have the "Big Kahuna" package with your setup as well. On my last Sling, I had gauges for Temp/Oil/Volts. On this one, I've not set anything up as of yet. Little problems with this GM setup on oil, temp, let alone charging (unless you have lights on or a show piece that has a plethora of lights and a booming stereo blaring), so choose your battles. With the Supercharger being belt driven, it's boost comes from RPM. The boost is only a possible issue at the highest RPM, near the rev limiter. As long as you shift by mid 6000, you should be fine. I'd even say it's good to the rev limiter in most cases. Just watch banging gears and abusing the clutch, as it is limited for the power.

Second SS, owned since fall of 2019 (10k then). 27K now, Zero issues today.