More on shielding from heat...

• I moved one of my light controllers into the glove box, and it's very hot in there. Also, my last stereo touch screen failed due to the heat behind the radio area.

Someone at Maggie Valley showed me what they did - bought some welding blanket material and sprayed 4 layers of that in certain places under the hood. That seems like a pretty permanent way to do things - I can't picture that behind the radio area...

What are some of the things people have done to reduce the heat in those two areas? I see some options from DDM Works but theirs specifically cover engine areas. I figure I'd better do something soon or things are going to start frying.

Thanks as always

• I have a heat shield from my 2019 SLR, very nice, it wraps around the whole back side of the muffler and has another shield that goes over the top. I took it out when I installed my ZZP header and exhaust.

If you are interested, PM me and I'll send you photos, etc. I'd let it go for a very reasonable price.

-- Doc

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• I posted some printable templates to make your own heatwall to insulate the infotainment area in this thread - Insulating the Infotainment Cubby Area From Engine Compartment Heat. Just print the templates, tape them together and cut some thin sheetmetal and some self-stick insulation. Maybe a little overkill, but I think it helps keep my radio and amp cooler. I believe some folks have posted simpler solutions here and over on TDS.

• I have a heat shield from my 2019 SLR, very nice, it wraps around the whole back side of the muffler and has another shield that goes over the top. I took it out when I installed my ZZP header and exhaust.

If you are interested, PM me and I'll send you photos, etc. I'd let it go for a very reasonable price.

-- Doc

Thanks, let me research that first

• I posted some printable templates to make your own heatwall to insulate the infotainment area in this thread - Insulating the Infotainment Cubby Area From Engine Compartment Heat. Just print the templates, tape them together and cut some thin sheetmetal and some self-stick insulation. Maybe a little overkill, but I think it helps keep my radio and amp cooler. I believe some folks have posted simpler solutions here and over on TDS.

Wow! Just viewed the PDFs. Now that are some great instructions, gonna print them out, thanks!!

That's pretty much exactly what I did (although I didn't use your template). I just got some of the insulating foam board (had some left over from a project), covered one side (engine side) with heat tape and used more of the heat tape to put it in place. Works great.

The Slingmods / DEI insulation kit it also a good choice for insulating the trans tunnel area, although it is sort of a PITA to get under there to do it. If you've got a 2016.5 or newer, Polaris already includes the muffler shield but I ended up putting the Slingmods shield in anyways - giving me 3 layers of shield between the muffler and passenger.

• @chavey2's use of some foam board is probably easier to cut and cheaper than using sheet-metal like I did. My Dad was a High School Principal and one of his High School Shop Teacher friends on more than one occasion remarked about my tendency to overthink, overdesign and overkill a project!:thumbsup:

• I still seem to want to redesign things. I guess it comes from the wannabe engineer in me. When I went to college before volunteering for the Draft back in the early 70s, I studied pre-engineering at the local community college because it didn't require a foreign language. I then got tired of school and the Army sent me to German language school for another 8 months where we typically had 3 hrs of homework every evening before I developed a study system that made things easier for me. Good thing the Army sent me to language school since I ended up meeting my Wife there while she was in the Air Force learning Russian

• Sounds Like a happy ending just don’t try to redesign your wife or you might have a redesigned head. That’s what I am getting from your post. Congrats on learning a new language.

JUST SAYIN

Keep Three Wheels Down