We have been working on some new products over the winter and early spring and one of the first ones we are introducing is a new turbo offering, the DDMWorks Stage 1 turbo kit.
We are super excited about this kit and have worked hard to make this kit upgradable and adaptable to as many options as possible. The new DDMWorks Stage 1 turbo kit can be upgraded to our other EFR turbo kits down the road with minimal changes. The kit can adapt to run either our 2.5" shorty exhaust or the Welter rear exhaust systems. The kit comes standard in black or red, but we also have the full custom Slingshot color options available. Since our base kit ships with larger fuel injectors and tune already, if you want to turn up the boost, there is no waiting for another tune update, the kit is ready to go. Color options for the AN fittings on the water lines will also be available. With all of these options, this is a really customizable kit, allowing you to make your Slingshot perform and look exactly how you want.
Some key features of our kit include -
- Custom DDMWorks 2871 Turbo
- Easy 6psi of boost producing 270HP at the rear tire
- Internally wastegated turbo
- Exhaust Options ranging from our DDMworks shorty exhaust (2.5" front exit) or the option to hook to a Welter Rear Exhaust!
- Mandrel bent with smooth bends (no weld marks) aluminum Charge tubes
- Custom DDMWorks intercooler and mount specific to the Slingshot, the same one used in the record setting Slingshot
- Color options!! the charge tubes can be done in the standard Black or red, but also full custom Slingshot powdercoat options can be done to match your ride.
- Plug and play 2 Bar MAP sensor
- Upgraded 63# Siemens Fuel Injectors included with the kit
- Upgraded NGK spark plugs that are 1 step colder
- Water cooled turbo with Stainless braided hoses and AN fittings (no rubber hoses)
- Stainless braided oil drain line and oil supply to the turbo (no rubber hoses)
- DDMWorks Turbo tune based off of years of testing and development on the Slingshot
- Online, phone and text tech support available for questions before and after ordering or during installation.
- No additional engine internal parts needed for install, the kit includes everything you need.
- The cost of the tune is included in the kit price
- Kit will be available from all of our dealers including Slingmods, Slingshotonly, etc.
- ECM's can be sent to our location in South Carolina for flashing or to California, whichever is more convenient for you.
- The kit can be installed at any event we attend, we have the ability to flash the ECM on site!
- Optional pre-drilled oil pan with AN fitting will be available to make installation easier
- Optional Oil pan gasket will be available to make installation easier (will be available separately also for those installing other kits)
The base kit price in Black or Red powdercoat, 2.5" race exhaust, everything needed for full install is $3495
The kit can be purchased without the exhaust, for those that want to hook to their Welter exhaust for only $3195
I am sure some are going to want to compare the DDMWorks Stage 1 kit to other turbo kits out there at similar prices and we are well aware of that. For those that are doing the comparison, our kit is going to be slightly more expensive, however for that little bit extra our kit will offer the following advantages -
- Able to hook to the Welter exhaust
- No need to send back your ECM when you want to turn up the boost, the Tune is capable of 12psi as shipped with the kit (stock engine will not handle 12psi of boost and will need upgrading for those power levels)
- No welds marks on the Charge Tubes
- Color Options for the powdercoat on the charge tubes
- Stainless steel braided water lines with AN fittings for protection from the high heat around the turbo
- Stainless braided oil drain line and oil supply
- Tech support on the weekends and after hours incase you have questions or need some help via phone, email or text.
- Installation can be done at events, no waiting for sending ECM's back and forth
- Optional pre-drilled oil pan and oil pan gasket to make installation easier
- Available at the largest Slingshot parts dealers in the country
More information will be released next week with the official announcement and projected delivery date on the first batch of these kits.
Let us know if you have any questions!