• Finally got a quick 40 mile run in today. Fronts were set at 6 and rear at 5. Took a not so smooth road (E Pluribus Unum around my house) and felt much better absorption and handling. Will do close to 150 miles tomorrow and will try different settings.
    Thanks again to my known friends who did a will work for food (and beer) install and the friends I haven't met yet for sage advice on settings.

• Finally got a quick 40 mile run in today. Fronts were set at 6 and rear at 5. Took a not so smooth road (E Pluribus Unum around my house) and felt much better absorption and handling. Will do close to 150 miles tomorrow and will try different settings.
    Thanks again to my known friends who did a will work for food (and beer) install and the friends I haven't met yet for sage advice on settings.

Thx for the update

Andy did you change the tires also. Between the tires and the shocks it is a totally different ride.

• Stock tires. Front tires look like they have half their tread left at a little over 12k miles. For some reason the rear doesn't have as much. I did do a 150 mile run on Wednesday over the mountain on RT 211 past the entrance to Skyline Drive on the same settings-6 front and 5 rear as the day before because it just felt good, although for my normal driving style I will try 4 on the rear. I must say that on the 25 MPH switchbacks on the mountain I was expanding my comfort zone doing 45 and it was just planted. Now I keep looking out the window for the UPS/FedEx truck bringing my new PRP seats. I told a buddy that the seats were probably the last mod until I won the lottery and he looked at me and said "yeah, right."

Just got back from an 80 mile run with the rear set on 4 clicks. No sharp curves, just main roads on a circuit to Warrenton and then to Culpeper and home. 4 on the back was nice for this type of road so I think I will go down one click to 5 on the fronts. When The Rock helps lead me out of my comfort zone with higher settings I will keep you posted, as I hope you update with your knowledge.
    When I got home there was a big box from PRP in front of the garage so when I get back from canoe camping Sunday I have full Gen 11 mats and the SS seats to put in. You horrible people, the things you make me do.

• Wow @dangerdarrell, that is firm! I tried 9 front and rear (the middle setting) and thought I'd lose dental work! I have both Compression and Rebound on mine, but if I only had one adjustment, it'd be set to 8 in the front and 6 in the rear (FYI, in the front I run 8 compression and 6 rebound while in the rear I run both at 6). And I think that's firm! Around town I'd back off 1 click in the fronts...

• Today I set mine at 2 all the way around just so it would have that cloud ride. I don't ever go over 7 even in the twisty roads. If you do they won't have time to respond fast enough to a rough patch in a turn. It would cause the tires to skip across and looses grip. Especially at speeds of 75 to ....

Even those with dual adjusters need to keep the rebound a little loose. The spring has be able to push the tire back into place pretty quick. But on the flip side you don't want it rebounding so fast it causes the tire to hop back up.

• Today I set mine at 2 all the way around just so it would have that cloud ride. I don't ever go over 7 even in the twisty roads. If you do they won't have time to respond fast enough to a rough patch in a turn. It would cause the tires to skip across and looses grip. Especially at speeds of 75 to ....

Even those with dual adjusters need to keep the rebound a little loose. The spring has be able to push the tire back into place pretty quick. But on the flip side you don't want it rebounding so fast it causes the tire to hop back up.

I understand but 11 seemed to work well on the Tail when I was leaving. Consistently handled 60-65 through the 20-30 mph turns. My ticket was near the end and I had slowed. Got me for 47 in a 20 but wrote it for a 30 so he could just give me a warning instead of a real ticket. He was very polite. Even when I told him I had a CC license and was carrying. Told him I hadn't done this before and asked if I was supposed to pull my gun out. He said "If you don't pull yours, I won't pull mine." I said it sounded like a good deal to me. :00008698:

• @dangerdarrell, I'm sure in the corners without bumps the 11 setting feels great, as it is acting like there is no suspension and reacts instantaneously to any inputs. The issue is when there are bumps. You'll skip across them, without the best traction. I personally would lower them (i.e. make them softer), a click at a time, over the same short "route" so you can get a back to back feel. Once they're too loose for ya, go back 1 click stiffer and be happy.

I too ran the Dragon while up there (last time was over 10 years ago on a sportbike, with a corresponding ticket). No issues this time (knock on wood). Where did you get your ticket? Where is there a 20 mph speed limit?

• Lots of turns had 20 mph signs. I am not certain which turn I was on. Lost count after the first 100 amazed-squared Was near the end. Actually started to get a little queasy from making so many turns so quickly. Have loved road racing for over 40 years. Used to manage a Formula B team. Love high speeds and high speed turns!

• Of the three times I hit the Dragon only once did I see a motorcycle officer he was with one of the professional photographers hiding from the rain. The rain had slowed me down plus I had been tipped at Deals Gap that LE was there.

• Any issues with this install?