• I know most want comfortable seats. I'm willing to sacrifice comfort for a little more legroom. If I could sit in the storage compartment, I would :-) I don't see Polaris changing the design to help above average height people. I know you guys & gals are experts at this stuff! Thanks,

• Ummm, not to get too personal mate, but how tall are you? =O^^

Seriously, I'm 5-10 and I'm not sure how some +6 folks fit in the Sling.

I know if you check around the web, there's a video of a custom slingshot built for Shaq. No clue how much THAT mod cost! LoL! :/

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

I know if you check around the web, there's a video of a custom slingshot built for Shaq. No clue how much THAT mod cost! LoL! :/

I dont think car leg room needed and a persons hight are consistent from one person to another. some people seem to have more of their hight in their legs and others have more in their torso

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

I'm 6'6'' with a 36'' inseam. I don't have the Shaq cash flow at the moment :-(

• Just stretching the frame... You can get the 4 seater for $8k... Minus the seats and maybe a bit less of a stretch...$5k for you really tall people? What's it worth to ya? 😂

Just stretching the frame... You can get the 4 seater for $8k... Minus the seats and maybe a bit less of a stretch...$5k for you really tall people? What's it worth to ya? 😂

I've seen that mod. I don't need a 4 seater for sure. I'll need a Genie in a Bottle for that mod. If she look anything like Barbara Eden. I wouldn't leave the house!

• skyscraper If you are looking to gain leg room at the expense of bolstering/comfort then get a fixed back seat, for example the ones i am posting below from procar give you about 5 inches compared with a normal seat.

The down side is that they are a fixed seating position and not plushy at all.

https://procarbyscat.com/product/drifter/

http://www.carid.com carries these and many other fixed back seats for you to browse and compare.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• That's interesting! The 5'' gain is your estimate or do you know 1st hand about this option?

• Sort of a combination of both , according to specs most seats are 23.5 inches(front to back) the fixed back I posted are 19.

I have sat on fixed back seats at a raceshop and basically they are as stripped down as it gets so it makes sense that if you have less padding in your back pushing you forward then ideally all that spaced is gaining as leg room if you sit yourself as far back as possible.

I have never seen a sling with a set so it is all a hypothesis but it is well know that after market seats gain an inch vs stock seats so fixed back should further improve that number

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• I'm 6'6'' with a 36'' inseam. I don't have the Shaq cash flow at the moment :-(

I'm also 36" in the inseam. I'd still like more leg room, I just wish Polaris would make an XLT version (eXtra Long Tall) that gave another 6" in the cockpit. I don't see that happening...

I put the PRP seats in for this reason. I gained 2 inches in leg room, plus they sit me down in a little more. The difference from the PRPs to the stock is that PRP is only about 1 1/2" thick in the back of the seat. I just sat in a stock seat less than two weeks ago, and I was amazed at how little room I had. I can't believe I went two years with the stock seats before switching.

• I mentioned the PRP Seats to my local dealership. The said I wouldn't gain anything. I assumed they would know. Goats_Hogs happy to hear your 1st hand knowledge.

There are a few members that are my height(ish) at 6'4" that swear by them. Bu11sh1t lives not far from you (La Porte, Ind) if you want to try them before buying I'm sure he'd let you pop a squat in his seat. Your dealer is speaking out of turn, they don't know what they are talking about.

• I mentioned the PRP Seats to my local dealership. The said I wouldn't gain anything. I assumed they would know. Goats_Hogs happy to hear your 1st hand knowledge.

Yep, I wouldn't put too much stock in what dealerships say about aftermarket parts...

Not a dime in it for them unless you pay them to install.

In which case, that install would probably be a first for them.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• The generation 1 PRP Seats seem to be the best choice for this issue. That's just based on pictures of both of them. My eyes could be wrong!

I keep hearing Gen 1 and Gen 2, but I've yet to see that in print with the actual PRP ad. There are two types. One is less expensive and the seat does not detach with the Velcro. The more expensive one, the lower seat pad detaches. That is the one I have and many of the tall riders have.... mostly because of leg room advantage.

• I keep hearing Gen 1 and Gen 2, but I've yet to see that in print with the actual PRP ad. There are two types. One is less expensive and the seat does not detach with the Velcro. The more expensive one, the lower seat pad detaches. That is the one I have and many of the tall riders have.... mostly because of leg room advantage.

I call the less expensive model gen 1. The model with the detachable seat pad seem to be thicker.

• I call the less expensive model gen 1. The model with the detachable seat pad seem to be thicker.

That's what I would consider to be the Gen 1 also. I just want to be clear, I have the detachable seat pad, and it sits me at least an inch or more lower, and about 2 inches more leg room. I can't speak for the one that doesn't detach the seat pad. I'm not happy with the material they covered my seats with, but I'll not give up my seats. When the time comes, I'll have them covered by someone the way I want. Likely I'll have them done like a Corbin or Mustang seat, with leather and use conditioner and sealer. I do not recommend doing a "slide" into this seat. Mine got damaged on a hot day. I was able to fix it well enough to hold and look decent. I now put one foot into the cockpit, place my hand on the tunnel for assist, and sit on the bottom seat without sliding in.

As for the detachable pad, it is deceptive. You will sit lower than stock. It is foam filled, and compresses a good deal.... enough that I ended up putting 1/2 inch gel pad in the cushion. The Ciphers may also work well, and they are much cheaper. Some on here have used them, and are very happy. I don't know about if they give you more room for your legs though, I only know these are a great help to me.

• skyscraper , I had the Gen 2 (I believe they were originally called that) in my 15. I am 6’3”. They were great. I added some extra foam in the bottom also. I actually like my Velocity seats in my 17 but I am considering the Cyphers. Plan to try them out in Maggie this year.

BTW, when you remove your old seats you will find that all four bolts on the driver’s side are 15mm. Three bolts on the passenger seat are 15mm but the back outside bolt is 16mm and virtually impossible to get with a socket. If you don’t have a 16mm open end a 5/8” will fit loosely.