Battery issue

• I have a 2016 that I dont drive or start as often as I should. Its been garaged all winter and has started and been driven twice since spring but now the battery has died twice. Should i replace the battery or is it normal to keep a slingshot on a tender when its not being driven? I never have had to use a tender until now because it has always started.

• The first thing my dealer told me and sold me was a battery tender. They even sell every SS with the tender connection wire already attached to the battery.

Put it on a regular charger at the low setting and charge it up....see what happens...

• The first thing my dealer told me and sold me was a battery tender. They even sell every SS with the tender connection wire already attached to the battery.

Put it on a regular charger at the low setting and charge it up....see what happens...

Not down here they don't, didn't get one with my Indian Chieftain or the slingshot. But then we don't let em sit long enough to need one.

• Welcome Swill084 !

I have always kept both our Slings on battery tenders. Mine occasionally sits a week and my wife's will sit a couple weeks some times. Mine is a 17 with the small battery and hers is a 15 with the larger battery. Her battery is now 4 years old and mine is almost 3. Changing them both in about a month so we will have new ones when we head off to Maggie Valley. Most places will test your battery free and let you know if there are any issues like dead cells.

• Welcome Swill084 !

I have always kept both our Slings on battery tenders. Mine occasionally sits a week and my wife's will sit a couple weeks some times. Mine is a 17 with the small battery and hers is a 15 with the larger battery. Her battery is now 4 years old and mine is almost 3. Changing them both in about a month so we will have new ones when we head off to Maggie Valley. Most places will test your battery free and let you know if there are any issues like dead cells.

Advance and autozone will test the battery and alternator/generator for free....that’s how I found out my van needed a new battery.....because somethings you really don’t know if it’s the battery or the A/Gen...

All batteries lose power just sitting idle....

https://www.quora.com/What-hap…-unused-battery-over-time

• I don’t need a tender on my optima. Something is draining your battery if you can’t sit a month and it won’t start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

++1

My battery was without a tender all winter because even though I connected the tender terminals to the jump port I forgot to plug the tender to the wall.

Regardless of the minor oversight my sling started right up without the need to jump it or the like.

If your slingshot battery is drained after sitting for an extended period of time and Sub-Zero temps are not involved then you likely have a parasitic drain due to poorly installed aftermarket accessories (usual offender).

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• If you parked your SS and the battery was low (not fully charged) to begin with, then it could lose enough to need jumped. Other things come into play. Did you warp the plates by over charging it or charging it to fast.....is there corruption forming between the plates....is the water low..is it old ....are the terminals corroded...