lightweight helmet

• I like my novelty helmet, but it's not DOT approved. It's a good bug deflector and LEOs don't have a problem with it in the slingshot.

https://www.amazon.com/Helmets…s_browse-bin%3A2909418011

Justina and I are looking for helmets which will allow us to converse normally without the aid of an intercom, are there any recommendations?

Thanks,

Bill

I use a bicycle helmet when I am on a short vacation. If I have something on at all.

• I use this carbonator helmet

when I got it it was billed as the smallest and lightest DOT helmet and I do love it, very comfortable and it doesnt get buffeted in the wind like some others I have tried

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Carbon Fiber, this was the type of helmet I was trying to buy at American Biker and they had a good selection. They had 5 different brand names in this style of helmet's. They just happened to have a small in each one and only one of them fit the way I liked out of the five. This is why I do not order Helmets off of the internet. You never know what will fit you unless you are ordering the same brand that you already have.

• Carbon Fiber, this was the type of helmet I was trying to buy at American Biker and they had a good selection. They had 5 different brand names in this style of helmet's. They just happened to have a small in each one and only one of them fit the way I liked out of the five. This is why I do not order Helmets off of the internet. You never know what will fit you unless you are ordering the same brand that you already have.

interesting - my wife and I got Skid Lid 1/2 helmets thrown in when we bought the Slingshot - hers is a large and mine is an extra large. I have since ordered a CF 1/2 helmet (the one I linked above) and a bell vortex full helmet off line and I ordered XL in both of them because that was what I had - both fit exactly the way I wanted

If I were to use the measuring charts they give at just over 23 inches I should have ordered a large, but having tried my wifes large Skid Lid and a few others in large they just dont fit.

Anyway I dont know if its my head shape or what XL seems to what fits - some brands more comfortably than others, but never to the point of wanting a different size

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I had a doctor appt. Thursday so I road over to the local Cycle Gear. I needed to get another 3/4 with the flip shield which is what I wear when it is raining. I also have a Scorpion EXO that I wear on track or in cold weather but it has a problem with fog in cold weather, but at least it keeps the head warm. I originally bought it just for track day. It is too tight but did not want it to be moving around on track days. I am right at the border line Sm. - Med. according to the brand

• Thanks, but really do not want to pay for another intercom set-up and just would like to enjoy normal unassisted conversation while still wearing noggin protection.

Bill

I wear a helmet only when required by law sometime and in the rain. So far for the last three years and ruffly 60,000 miles I have not had a helmet on in Georgia, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee. In other words no helmet except for riding in the rain for the past 3 years. I do carry the carbon fiber and the bicycle helmet with me. Also the 3/4 flip shield for the rain. Just in case.

• We already have our full protection modular helmets with the intercoms for when we are riding topless, what we are looking for is a lighter helmet requiring no intercom for when we have the top installed and full faced protection is not really necessary. What I am hearing is that with any DOT approved helmet we will still be needing an intercom, so, oky doky, it looks like you just saved us time and money, we'll just continue using what we already have! ;)

Thanks folks!

Bill

• What a gorgeous day for a ride, and it was also successful where we found several models of helmets fitting the description in which we were seeking. After trying on we both chose the Bell Pit-Boss, (https://www.bellhelmets.com/en/pit-boss/p/7070061). It is lighter than our modular, full faced, helmets, with the removable neck curtain it opens up the ears so we can converse normally without an intercom, it has a built in, drop down, sun shield and also has a dial in fit system where you can adjust it to fit perfectly.

Pit Boss

Though this should be much more comfortable on those warmer days with the top installed, when the temps drop, or when riding sans top, we will still be using our full faced modular helmets.

Bill

• Thanks, we use the Senas in our modular helmets and am very happy with the system,...........................

Bill

I knew that. And you probably don't want to buy a 2nd set but if you do, they work well. I installed my speakers on the strap webbing so they work best with the ear flaps off. They probably aren't as necessary as with full face or modular helmets but I got tired of yelling at my bride. In comparison, it is very relaxing to converse in a normal tone of voice.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)