Spray painting

• Search youtube painting plastics....

Lots of good tips for prepping, masking, and painting.

And review more than a few to get a general feel of what is required...

From there, you will be able to rule out the clueless and the clowns.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• I want to paint the drive belt guard the same color as my sling, does anyone know the process on how to do this myself and what spray paint should I use? TIA

Scrub/wash the guard with Degreaser....Both sides then wash it with warm water....And make sure its absolutely dry.. And paint it using spray paint [Rattle can] made for Plastic , Two coats ....

And make sure the temps are over 60 degrees in the room were you are panting...

Some times a Cigar is just a Cigar.......

• The guys have been painting them since day 1. Lots have used the top notch auto paint---if they have that expertise. Lots have used 'rattle' cans from the local store. Clean it well (wipe down with alcohol) and used a good quality paint.

Notice the words Ej mentioned, "a good quality paint". Only buy rustoleum paint if your getting ready to paint an old tree stump. All others use good quality paint.

• Did you have to lightly sand so the paint adheres better and what kind of degreaser should I use if there is any in particular

Ok so who is next. Haters are gonna hate regardless

• Did you have to lightly sand so the paint adheres better and what kind of degreaser should I use if there is any in particular

If you wash with a little soap and water and than use 'rubbing alcohol' from the medcab --- all will be good the alcohol will cut any wax or grease that may be on the part.

• And make sure the temps are over 60 degrees in the room were you are panting...

like say..... in the kitchen 🤪

I had to go there! When I was 17 and it was about 20° below zero in New Hampshire and I was rebuilding my motorcycle I spray-painted the lower forks in the bathroom .....mom was not happy 😡

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎