$1000 for Slingshot upgrades

• I have to agree with others here who have said to go with shocks.

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I guess for me. I don't ride that hard, I don't go to track days, I have not done Maggie valley yet. I drive it to and from work and around town and a little highway getting places but other than that I don't push it hard enough to justify new shocks over the stock ones. after reading this forum though I might give it a little more thought but that is about as far as it goes.

• I guess for me. I don't ride that hard, I don't go to track days, I have not done Maggie valley yet. I drive it to and from work and around town and a little highway getting places but other than that I don't push it hard enough to justify new shocks over the stock ones. after reading this forum though I might give it a little more thought but that is about as far as it goes.

I used to feel every tar snake on the road with the stock shocks. That feeling is gone with the JRI's. If I had it to do over again, the shocks would be first. Seems to be a common thought in this thread don't you think? You need to ride with someone with aftermaket coil overs just to feel the difference.

:HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS::SILVERSS:My paint is fast, TURBO Silver!

My Slingshot is my daily driver as such 90% of my riding is just around town and I have to say the JRI GT's made a huge difference in the ride comfort.

• JRI GT's ? are they on slingmods? is this the set you are referring to?

JRI Pre-Tuned One Way Adjustable "Sport" Shocks for the Polaris Slingshot (Set of 3)

has anyone used the other set mentioned on the site??

TruHart Adjustable "Sport" Shocks / Coilovers for the Polaris Slingshot (Set of 3)

I am all about trusted and reliable but I also need to think about money and these are $300 cheaper.

• No that is not the set I got - I got the JRI Pre-Tuned One Way Adjustable "Grand Touring" Shocks

JRI GT Coil Overs

They are tuned more for comfort than the "Sport" Shocks, but are still much better handling than the stock coil overs - - I love them and along with my Twist Dynamics Sway Bar my sling handles like it is on rails without sacrificing comfort

As a side note I went with the JRI's over other options because they are a mono tube design which I have been told is superior, I paid a bit more for a shock that is less adjustable, but I I am not the type who is going to jump out of my sling and adjust my shocks every time I hit a winding road and I dont do track days

• Just looking at the TruHart's it appears that the coil spring is a lot smaller that all the other brands. I'm not sure what that says but I don't think I would go that route until some reviews have been posted. Here's the link for the GT's. https://www.slingmods.com/pola…-touring-shocks?vehicle=3

:HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS::SILVERSS:My paint is fast, TURBO Silver!

• Factory shocks should be good for 20,000 miles.....the vehicle isn’t that heavy. That said, I have upgraded mine around 7-8000 miles. PA roads suck. But not until I added many items to improve visibility and safety. My highest priorities.

Front Fenders would be low on the list... they do nothing for visibility or safety....besides having a roof and a rear fender my outside looks stock. I know everyone has their own ideas on when, how and how much they want to do to make the vehicle yours....

• Factory shocks should be good for 20,000 miles.....the vehicle isn’t that heavy. That said, I have upgraded mine around 7-8000 miles. PA roads suck. But not until I added many items to improve visibility and safety. My highest priorities.

Front Fenders would be low on the list... they do nothing for visibility or safety....besides having a roof and a rear fender my outside looks stock. I know everyone has their own ideas on when, how and how much they want to do to make the vehicle yours....

the problem with the factory shocks isnt that they dont last - the problem is that they suck. Also adding lighting for visibility only really helps if you drive allot at night

• There’s a reason they made the lights come on with the key... (required for all motorcycles)

If you aren’t driving with your lights constantly on....you’re putting yourself in jeopardy.

Never assume people can see you.....no matter what you drive....day or night.

Having your lights come on when you start any vehicle was the best safety idea yet.

VISIBILITY SAVES LIVES...

As far as factory installed equipment goes.....they only needed the vehicle to make it off the showroom floor and last until the warranty expires....it’s usally the cheapest parts they can find.

I’m not saying it wasn’t worth upgradeing the shocks....and the brakes and tires.

• Also be careful adding lights to be sure they are legal in your State, many states like California are very strict on what lights are allowed when on the road - - lights for show when you are parked dont seem to be a problem, but having lights in the wrong place or of the wrong color can get you pulled over and ticketed very quickly.

Here in California it is even against the law to install any aftermarket lighting within 12 inches of a vehicles required lights - as such many of the things like the brows and halos are illegal, you could probably get away with them so long as they were never turned on when driving, but on the road they would be noticed very quickly

for me the stock lights are more than enough - out of the almost 20,000 miles I have put on my slingshot I would bet less than 20 have been after dark

• Also be careful adding lights to be sure they are legal in your State, many states like California are very strict on what lights are allowed when on the road - - lights for show when you are parked dont seem to be a problem, but having lights in the wrong place or of the wrong color can get you pulled over and ticketed very quickly.

Here in California it is even against the law to install any aftermarket lighting within 12 inches of a vehicles required lights - as such many of the things like the brows and halos are illegal, you could probably get away with them so long as they were never turned on when driving, but on the road they would be noticed very quickly

for me the stock lights are more than enough - out of the almost 20,000 miles I have put on my slingshot I would bet less than 20 have been after dark

While I agree ....many idiots have those bright blinding off road lights all over the front of their jeeps and pick up trucks constantly because it looks cool.....my lights look like they could be factory equipment. They are not aimed to blind oncoming traffic. Just to be able to make me more visible. Day or night....

I very rarely use my hi beams....I think on the SS they are just about worthless...

I never have people flashing their lights at me thinking I’m on hi beams....

I’d rather drive at night than in rush hour traffic...

PA also has a law that says if your wipers are on your headlights should be...

• I have brow lights, grill lights, spoiler lights, and halos on all the time. People still pull out right in front of me. I have had to lock it up or at least brake very hard several times.

People don't cut you off because they don't see you....

They cut you off cause they don't care I even get cut off while i'm driving my truck...The only difference is when you in the Slingshot it becomes up close and personal....And the only defense you have for that is to always be aware of your surroundings....

People run into the back of school busses...You can't have more lights then a school bus...

Some times a Cigar is just a Cigar.......

• People don't cut you off because they don't see you....

They cut you off cause they don't care I even get cut off while i'm driving my truck...The only difference is when you in the Slingshot it becomes up close and personal....And the only defense you have for that is to always be aware of your surroundings....

People run into the back of school busses...You can't have more lights then a school bus...

Personally I think having more lights on the Slingshot might actually cause more problems by distracting people and getting them to take their eyes off of what they should be doing - - I think I would rather be more stealth and watch out for myself - - the slingshot gets enough attention as it is without being a light show

Edited once, last by Edward Neal ().

• Personally I think having more lights on the Slongshot might actually cause more problems by distracting people and getting them to take their eyes off of what they should be doing - - I think I would rather be more stealth and watch out for myself - - the slingshot gets enough attention as it is without being a light show

Yep , Its called Target Fixation..... I have the only Slingshot that i know of in my area ...especially one that driven all though the winter.....[been out as low as 10*]..And i have to watch out at times for on coming cars as their drivers will stare at the S/S trying to figure out what is that strange thing coming their way and then veer over the line into my lane...

Some times a Cigar is just a Cigar.......

• Not enough adjustment (just spring) and "sport" generally means rougher ride. The shocks below would be a better value and within your budget (they seem reminiscent of the QA1s). Lots of Slingers that went for multi adjustable wound up cranking the shocks to softer values for everyday riding.

https://www.slingmods.com/pola…shocks-coilovers-ddmworks