DDMWorks Short Shifter

• So one of the suggestions was to LIBERALLY apply grease to both the small lower ring and bigger middle plastic ring. Which I did. It does shift MUCH easier now, but the "stop" is still there, more like a detent you have to get over. I'll let it go over time to see how it does. BTW, got a new gear shift knob too: Death Star for my Storm Trooper SS!

Looks good chavey2. I picked up one of those emergency brake handles but haven’t installed yet. How does the old handle come off? I saw one video where they cut it off, but I believe there should be another way too get it off without cutting!!

• For future reference folks, you can’t actually bleed the clutch system. You would have to pull the engine and clutch, disconnect the line at the actuator, drain all the fluid from the system and refill. Bleeding the actuator itself would be a PITA. It seems the easiest way to replace/clean the fluid is to soak it up from the reservoir with paper towels, refill partially, push the clutch pedal in to pump some more of the dirty fluid out of the line, and repeat a few times. There is no bleeder valve in the line that goes through the bell housing in to the actuator.

• Looks good chavey2. I picked up one of those emergency brake handles but haven’t installed yet. How does the old handle come off? I saw one video where they cut it off, but I believe there should be another way too get it off without cutting!!

Nope, you gotta cut it off. It's molded and sealed around the front near the button. Just get a good sharp razer blade and cut it right down the top spine. The rubber plate underneath it just pulls right out and you can reinstall it around the leather boot. Takes a total of 5 minutes to install. And that includes drinking the beer while doing it.

• I picked up one of those emergency brake handles but haven’t installed yet. How does the old handle come off? I saw one video where they cut it off, but I believe there should be another way too get it off without cutting!!

my first brake handle was fairly easy to remove. Just twisted it until it came off. Just cut the next three down the middle and pulled them off. Lot easier. I have an original undamaged one still.

• For future reference folks, you can’t actually bleed the clutch system. You would have to pull the engine and clutch, disconnect the line at the actuator, drain all the fluid from the system and refill. Bleeding the actuator itself would be a PITA. It seems the easiest way to replace/clean the fluid is to soak it up from the reservoir with paper towels, refill partially, push the clutch pedal in to pump some more of the dirty fluid out of the line, and repeat a few times. There is no bleeder valve in the line that goes through the bell housing in to the actuator.

dangerdarrell Thank you for correcting my vernacular. I was merely conveying the steps from Polaris's Pre-Ride Inspection. under the section Clutch system

:)