Shifter knob and assembly

• Can anyone tell me what the thread count is for the stock shifter? Not sure if I want to go to a short shifter but I’m just looking for more options when it comes to the shifter knob itself than what I am seeing on Slingshot sites. Just wondering if car shifter knobs and assemblies are synonymous with what we have. I’m seeing some shifter knobs for cars come with three different thread count inserts to accommodate a wider range. Any input would be greatly appreciated thank you !

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• Can anyone tell me what the thread count is for the stock shifter? Not sure if I want to go to a short shifter but I’m just looking for more options when it comes to the shifter knob itself than what I am seeing on Slingshot sites. Just wondering if car shifter knobs and assemblies are synonymous with what we have. I’m seeing some shifter knobs for cars come with three different thread count inserts to accommodate a wider range. Any input would be greatly appreciated thank you !

buy an adapter and go with whatever you want
    Polaris Slingshot Shift Knob Adapter - Slingshot Only

• Thank you! Should’ve looked a little closer at the aftermarket adapter. Opens up a whole new world! Thanks for the quick reply

Does the 1.25 and 1.5 option speak just to the length of the threaded end?

buy an adapter and go with whatever you wantPolaris Slingshot Shift Knob Adapter - Slingshot Only

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• hI @SoCal those are metric numbers. If your adapter uses a m10 x 1.25 adapter that is the most common for matching up to auto shifters. all the Hondas and mazdas use that . M10 represents the metric diameter of the bolt, 1.25 though means fine thread , a 1.5 means coarse thread , well actually in metric its referred to as pitch , but its the same thing. m10 is close to a 3/8 bolt while an m12 is close to a 7/16 diameter bolt

• I've seen some EBay shift knobs that use recessed threads, each smaller than the outer one preceding it so the knob will fit on an M12 shaft, then an M10 and sometimes even an M8 shaft. The drawback is that sometimes you need a longer than normal threaded shaft on your shift adapter, depending on how far up in there the properly threaded portion of the shift knob is. If you need a shift adapter, 1320Performance sells their M10x1.5 shaft adapter on EBay for around $5- less than on their website w/free shipping. I then went to my local Ace Hardware and purchased a longer length of M10x 1.5 rod so I could have enough room to screw the rod securely into the shift adapter and shift know while also providing room for two jam nuts, one against the shift adapter and one against the shift knob.

• Using the adapter offered at the sling shops was one of the first things I did to the SS. I really hated the phallic stock shift knob. Which ever adapter you go with, make sure you know the size and pitch. I initially ordered the M10x1.50 and realized it limited my after market knob options. Swapped it for the 1.25 and have endless opportunities. Happier with the aftermarket ball vs stock dildo.

Man this comment is a TriPod playground. :D

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• The stock rubber boots are junk.

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies