Well should we go,

• Well since we are trailering bout 1300 miles one way, do we go or not. Anyone in area know about weather at this time? If rains morning and dry after? Just looking for typical days at this time. Hate to drive and be rained out but still can drive dragon in truck but definitely not same. With disturbance in gulf ???????

What would you do? JUST ASKING

Keep Three Wheels Down

• Tropical storms like this are hard to tell. Last year at Maggie they forecast 40-50% chance of rain just about every day. I think we got caught about 20 minutes in the rain total. But I was in that area (Robbinsville) in 2005 when tropical storm Cindy hit. 9 inches of rain in 24 hours, and we were on the Harley. It blew thru in about a day, and the rest of the time it was just pop ups here and there but mostly sunshine.

I'm not trailering as far as you are. My trip is only a little over 400 miles. I doubt this post helps you, but you did ask what would I do...... We are still going.

• It rained a lot the first year, we did manage to get a few good rides in, but I am more cautious in the rain now.
    The second year we had more days without rain but there were a few soakers, one I remember quite well when I had the Polaris Tech wanting to ride in mine.
    Last year was perfect and first year for the fair grounds, I am not sure how well the fair grounds will hold up in heavy rains with a bunch of slings sliding around in the mud. Just be very careful on the wet twisties, we don't want to see anyone hurt.

• Each year we have had rain forecast that made us think. We have been glad we made the trip each time.
    A forecast of 70% rain is accurate if there is a 30 minute pop up storm during that day.
    To us it's worth the chance because the rides are fun, but the friendships are better.

I haven't told Karianne the weather yet. I'm just going to tell her that Trent says a little passing rain each day ..... if I'm wrong someone better have a plan to save me

• I ride/rode for leisure.

Most times, you just point in a direction and go with no expectations. You take it as it comes and when you get back home... it was a good ride, or it was not.

But it was a ride and one that took you somewhere you may not have been before.

None of this means to ride stupid.
    You still need to have confidence in your ride. Do the preparations/inspections, review the maps, know the demographics, and stay up to date on weather.

The wife and I, with a choice, would go... no trailering.

Confidence in our machine has caused us to put the Sling in the shop and will knock us out of the option soon.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• Writing this from under the awning of an abandoned filling station waiting for a thunderstorm to pass, so take it for what it's worth....

Summer squalls up there tend to move through pretty quick, unless it's a whole rain system. Personally, I would bet on having more time to drive than time being forced to sit one out.

• Yeah I know cause I was gonna follow him, but we can use his credit card anyway. Is that a good deal or what? That is why I am gonna go a different route. JUST SAYIN

Keep Three Wheels Down