4 point Corbeau Harnesses, Sparco, Beard, Tanaka or PRP

• So I have the passenger side cutouts done. Measured up from the top lid of the storage bracket about 1" 1/4" and a little over 3" wide. I have an opening a little over a 1/4" more like 5/16"

Used a 1/4" drill bit, reinforced cutoff wheel in the 90degree dremel attachment then used a large flat file and a small rounded file for the edges. I used the painters tape to mark out all the measurements and cut through the tape.

Here I inserted a 1/2 inch washer to fill the hole the bolt flange normally sits into.

Here is how the bracket will sit using the original bolts with washer underneath.

Here is the Video I found from Schroth to tie the 3" shoulder belts using the 2" bolt in brackets.

My first bolt in bracket tie down practice, I have to see how much length I need when I install them.

More pics to come later!

(Edited to show the continued process)

Found a smaller pack of black plastic Edge Trim for $3.99 (MORE THAN ENOUGH) ( I am going to bring the rest of what I have to the SSITS if someone needs it )

• Quality work there my friend...impressive!

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,
    AND WEALTH CLASSIFIED US.

• Quality work there my friend...impressive!

Thanks Irobbie :thumbsup:

I am pretty meticulous when I do things. If I can't do something right I would have someone do it. I try to find a clean and efficient way to get the job done. I might use that plastic trim edging I have to check it out first. I hope to finish up the install later today. It is easy but I go slow so I don't screw anything up :/

• So I had to continue this because I can only attach a maximum of 10 pictures.

Here you feed the excess back through the hole and bring it up and wrap it tight. Take a zip tie as seen in the picture below to make it neat and it will not unravel.

Tuck it down, you can only push the inside straps down as seen in the second picture.

The outside strap repeat the same step and zip tie it and just push it under the threaded bolt hole. The cover will conceal it when bolted back on.

Bottom bolts for lap belts. I use the same factory belt mounting points and hardware. However when you add the extra lap belt to the inside bolt the Rubber washer will get compressed to much and squish out. I also used a hardened washer that went around the collar of the bolt as seen in the pictures. Because you had to tighten it down too much it was not working with the rubber washer..

So I used 2 washers and it worked out perfect.

Final pictures when I can get a good picture of them on the new PRP seats!! :thumbup:
    :thumbup:

• "the Rubber washer will get compressed to much and squish out. I also used a hardened washer that went around the collar of the bolt as seen in the pictures. Because you had to tighten it down too much it was not working with the rubber washer.."
    I'm a "tad" confused but that doesn't take much.... in the picture where you have the bolt going thru both belt connectors, did you already remove the rubber washer, and is the black washer the 'hardened washer' you referred too.

• "the Rubber washer will get compressed to much and squish out. I also used a hardened washer that went around the collar of the bolt as seen in the pictures. Because you had to tighten it down too much it was not working with the rubber washer.."
    I'm a "tad" confused but that doesn't take much.... in the picture where you have the bolt going thru both belt connectors, did you already remove the rubber washer, and is the black washer the 'hardened washer' you referred too.

Where you see the black rubber washer it is in the pictures I am just holding the bolt. The last picture shows it with the hardened black washer and another washer inside. I did not show the rubber washer tightened down. It was not tight and the washer just spread out, so I just took it off and fixed it.

• I know this is an old thread, but has anyone had an issue with the "non" DOT compliant belts and being pulled over? Not sure if I should care or not as long as I know how they unlock, then why not.

:00000436:
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose. - Bill Gates

• Does anyone have a preference on 4 point harnesses. I see Beard, Tanaka, Pro Armor, Polaris and too many more to name. I assume I would want to use a SFI certified set. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Leaning towards the first three mentioned.

• Does anyone have a preference on 4 point harnesses. I see Beard, Tanaka, Pro Armor, Polaris and too many more to name. I assume I would want to use a SFI certified set. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Leaning towards the first three mentioned.

My take... comes down to my question above... does it really matter if something is DOT approved or not and personal preference. If you have NRG equipment in general or what not. Most of my items are Sparco, so I went with Sparco. The straps are not DOT approved though. Also, how much money do you want to spend? They can go from $40 to $400 per seat. 2" v/ 3" shoulder straps, etc.

Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose. - Bill Gates

• My take... comes down to my question above... does it really matter if something is DOT approved or not and personal preference. If you have NRG equipment in general or what not. Most of my items are Sparco, so I went with Sparco. The straps are not DOT approved though. Also, how much money do you want to spend? They can go from $40 to $400 per seat. 2" v/ 3" shoulder straps, etc.

I use this ones which where recommend by @rabtech, We where pulled over ones in VA on out way home from SSITS 2017 the State Trooper did not say anything.

Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch

• I use this ones which where recommend by @rabtech, We where pulled over ones in VA on out way home from SSITS 2017 the State Trooper did not say anything.

Thanks @mytoy Those I think you have the red push button release, no? Ones I got are below, but my seats haven't come in yet.

PS... Need to catch up with you sometime @mytoy... I come down to see the folks in Bethlehem PA a few times per year.

• Thanks @mytoy Those I think you have the red push button release, no? Ones I got are below, but my seats haven't come in yet.
    PS... Need to catch up with you sometime @mytoy... I come down to see the folks in Bethlehem PA a few times per year.

Well we definite have to meet up, we may go beginning next year to Lake George again also I'm a few times for Business in Johnstown NY .

Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch

• Well we definite have to meet up, we may go beginning next year to Lake George again also I'm a few times for Business in Johnstown NY .

We are in Albany County, about 20 minutes outside of the city. You have to practically go right by us to get to Lake George.