Muffler failure catastrophic

• I don’t think there is enough metal. This won’t buff out either. By the way has anyone used the 1320 performance exhaust, is floor hot with this? Check out pics

The problem with the 1320 is that they are way way too loud, like out of this world loud.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• I don’t think there is enough metal. This won’t buff out either. By the way has anyone used the 1320 performance exhaust, is floor hot with this? Check out pics

Man @Boomer, and I thought mine was bad just splitting all around the outer seam.
    I looked at getting another side exit built but there is only one person in town who can weld stainless right. Haven't gotten back with him since I traded my SS and now have Welter Stealth.

• What about the v-2 adjustable. I will have a hole in side but I guess more air? Have to come up with idea that will not break the bank. Throwing away $600 right now so what should I use? The alpha just doesn’t look repairable

Keep Three Wheels Down

• Damn boomer sorry to see that. Its ironic that you started the thread that lead me to go check my exhaust. I don't think yours looks salvageable, but the one you saved was mine and I thank you sir for your post. I think in time the Alpha boys will make it right.

• Well I just went to local muffler shop and he is going to check on a magna flow muffler with a little modification for the side exit hole Don’t know yet but will keep posted. Is there any other side exit out there?

Hahn is about a month away from a side exhaust! All american made, and will fit the hole left over from the Alpha. I should have a beta unit very soon.

• That one of the great things about this group! No shortage of eager beta-testers! ;)

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."
    ― Douglas Adams

• @billfromhahnracecraft I'm local so give me a shout I will test it all day long. I know if you designed it, there is no question it will be a quality piece of work.

RNJ12

• @Storm, depends what the issue is. Mine was actually a broken weld. I don't think that's normal. What are you seeing?

My rattle happens when I let off the gas at low speeds, almost like a hiss, loud when I first let off the gas, only lasting about a second or two, gradually getting quieter. Very consistent. The sound comes from inside the muffler, nothing loose on the outside, everything that I can see and touch is nice and snug. Very annoying, but I love the overall sound, so I don't want to change it, just want to fix the rattle. I guess I may just have to take off the variable controller part and have a peek around in there, but that makes me a little nervous, without knowing exactly what I'm looking for, or if I need to align something to put it back together.

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe some photon torpedoes with flashing LEDs to simulate fire? Perhaps a couple dummy exhaust tips to simulate a 4 into 4 exhaust? How about a candy launcher for parades? Smoke screen? The list goes on...

Being a part time ninja, I vote for the smoke screen. 8)

Beware of Sling Ninja...

• I'd also like to say that Henry and Alpha have been good to me and our group in Houston, I've communicated with him via Facebook messenger several times in the past couple of months. Sometimes he's slow to respond, but it's understandable, so I'm definitely against any type of CA lawsuit, especially since it will most likely only hurt everyone in the end (except the lawyers, like @Gadgeteer mentioned).

HOWEVER - I do believe that SOME communication is better than NO communication... even if it's just to say, "Hey guys, we appreciate you and understand your concerns, we don't have a solution at this time, but we are working on something."

Beware of Sling Ninja...

• Ok I went back and dug up the notes from Henry, for anyone else that might be experiencing a rattle with the Alpha Variable exhaust. I tried to take a video of the sound, then he responded with this.

Beware of Sling Ninja...

• My rattle happens when I let off the gas at low speeds, almost like a hiss, loud when I first let off the gas, only lasting about a second or two, gradually getting quieter. Very consistent. The sound comes from inside the muffler, nothing loose on the outside, everything that I can see and touch is nice and snug. Very annoying, but I love the overall sound, so I don't want to change it, just want to fix the rattle. I guess I may just have to take off the variable controller part and have a peek around in there, but that makes me a little nervous, without knowing exactly what I'm looking for, or if I need to align something to put it back together.

Being a part time ninja, I vote for the smoke screen. 8)

Coincidentally, I'm getting my stock muffler replaced this week for the same reason. Rattles as engine drops to idle, especially before things warm up. I thought it was the heat shield rattling against the muffler but after a thorough inspection the dealer determined it was inside. Probably a broken weld on a baffle is my guess.

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."
    ― Douglas Adams

• I'd also like to say that Henry and Alpha have been good to me and our group in Houston, I've communicated with him via Facebook messenger several times in the past couple of months. Sometimes he's slow to respond, but it's understandable, so I'm definitely against any type of CA lawsuit, especially since it will most likely only hurt everyone in the end (except the lawyers, like @Gadgeteer mentioned).

HOWEVER - I do believe that SOME communication is better than NO communication... even if it's just to say, "Hey guys, we appreciate you and understand your concerns, we don't have a solution at this time, but we are working on something."

Thank you! Finally someone... :whistling:

• Well I broke down and ordered the 1320 performance exhaust v-2 Should be here Monday. Have too much good riding weather now. Nothing bad towards alpha or slingmods, it is what it is. I just lost that’s all. I am moving on just hope it last longer than a year.

Keep Three Wheels Down

• Well I broke down and ordered the 1320 performance exhaust v-2 Should be here Monday. Have too much good riding weather now. Nothing bad towards alpha or slingmods, it is what it is. I just lost that’s all. I am moving on just hope it last longer than a year.

Keep the Alpha on a shelf for a while, if you can, just in case things come around and they step up with a solution.

― Douglas Adams