Not Going To Riding For A While

• @Gadgeteer, I don’t necesssrily agree with giving it more gas because the traction control system will govern the rear wheel speed. So the more gas you try to give it the more it’s going to try to govern the speed lower. You’re trying to make the rear wheel spin faster and it’s trying to slow it down. Because it’s already lost traction. Making it spin faster won’t help that.

True, if the rear is loose and the system is cutting power, there's nothing you can do to override. But if you're in a turn with the rear planted and your front is not, you can goose the throttle which creates body roll to push the outside wheel down, hopefully increasing traction. The sway bar and/or the outer shock (already under compression) will transmit some of that force back to the frame which pushes the inside wheel down, also increasing traction. It doesn't work for every oversteer situation, but it does work.

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."
    ― Douglas Adams

• Don't think I have seen that said about the shocks before. But makes sense when you think about it. Thanks!

Really don't want to spend close to 1k for shocks. Any suggestions in the under $500 range that would be a major inprovment from the O.E.M shocks?

Have not done research on our shocks. Are they sub-standard for our application?

If you get hit, it's because you were there.

• Don't think I have seen that said about the shocks before. But makes sense when you think about it. Thanks!

Really don't want to spend close to 1k for shocks. Any suggestions in the under $500 range that would be a major inprovment from the O.E.M shocks?

Have not done research on our shocks. Are they sub-standard for our application?

Trust me in this one call Hahn racing and wait for the deal I did. Paid just let $800 and I would have paid full price if I knew it was this much of a difference. You get what you pay for.

RNJ12

I had forgotten about the technique until we were at Summit Point for Track Day last spring and @Jdin said he used it to recover from sliding out of a tight turn. Except for his tires (G-max AS-05's and a g-Force Comp2 A/S on the rear) he, he was running all stock, so yes, the factory shocks and other suspension components can handle it with no problem.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."
    ― Douglas Adams

• How about a lil poll to see if there is any consensus to blaming the traction control?

No offense to @aznative75 but odds favor operator error as the primary contributor to the accident, if not actual cause.

― Douglas Adams

• Not sure I understand why veteran members feel this thread should die.

OP posted he had the rearend act strange enough to him he thought a tire blew or other mechanical problem.

Seems like certain posters intelligence is being pointed out as not worthy of an opinion or contribution.

I will admit I am new here but Damn it seems harsh.

Am I missing out on a private joke or do we not want to discuss how to avoid what happened to OP or consider what happened to him?

If you get hit, it's because you were there.

• Search catastrophic brake failure and you will understand a lot more.

RNJ12

• Thank you!! I recall that thread. Makes a difference now.

Thank you for your patience with me!

Threads do have a habit of getting derailed around her - mostly for fun
    But sometimes it is a way of making a point.

But never fear asking a question- it will usually get things back on track
    We are family - dysfunctional but still family

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Threads do have a habit of getting derailed around her - mostly for fun
    But sometimes it is a way of making a point.

But never fear asking a question- it will usually get things back on track
    We are family - dysfunctional but still family

Are the helicopter brakes still messing up?

RNJ12

• don't they use air brakes

How do they clamp the rotors?

― Douglas Adams