Any cheap shock alternatives

Almost all "CAI"'s have accommodations for the PCV vent line ... without one it would just as you mentioned be a"breather" rather than provide positive crank case ventilation. A properly built product should have two ports, one for the IAT sensor and then closer to the throttle body one for the PCV vent line. Installing a separate valve cover breather on a NA motor is going backwards in functionality.

.... nerd-squared

I’ve been looking at the different CAI descriptions and I can’t find any that say what additional connections are built into them, if any. I would think that would be pertinate info to have before making an informed buying decision.

• I’ve been looking at the different CAI descriptions and I can’t find any that say what additional connections are built into them, if any. I would think that would be pertinate info to have before making an informed buying decision.

There is a rubber tube from the valve cover to the air intake tube and an air intake temperature sensor. The rubber tube is also known as a breather tube and allows any oil fumes inside the valve cover to be fed back into the air entering the engine so the fumes get burned off during combustion. Some CAIs do not use the breather tube and replace it with a small air filter that is meant to capture any petroleum products (hopefully just fumes) escaping from inside the valve cover.
    Boosted systems do not use the breather line since the air inside the air intake tube is under higher pressure than the air inside the valve cover.
    Carefully look at the pics and/or instructions for the CAI and you should be able to figure out if the CAI uses both connections.

• So are you saying leaving the stock hose out of the valve cover to the CAI is a better idea then running a filter on the top here like I did? Yes serious question as I would like the best result for my ss.

RNJ12

• no, that will never happen...price issues and I can get killed just as dead in the stock one...LOL
    I’m not in that big of a hurry to meet God...

I don’t think that’s the guy you’re gonna meet -
    Just sayin’... :D:evil:

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• So are you saying leaving the stock hose out of the valve cover to the CAI is a better idea then running a filter on the top here like I did? Yes serious question as I would like the best result for my ss.

IMO yes ... positive crankcase ventilation helps ring seal and actively evacuates water,fuel, and blow by vapor rather than allowing it to contaminate the oil... If you are worried about contaminating the intake charge IMO a better option would be a "catch can" between the valve cover port and intake tube rather than not using the PCV vent tube port provided by Alpha in the intake although the Ecotec already has a pretty efficient system to separate out the oil vapor on an NA motor......

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• There is a rubber tube from the valve cover to the air intake tube and an air intake temperature sensor. The rubber tube is also known as a breather tube and allows any oil fumes inside the valve cover to be fed back into the air entering the engine so the fumes get burned off during combustion. Some CAIs do not use the breather tube and replace it with a small air filter that is meant to capture any petroleum products (hopefully just fumes) escaping from inside the valve cover.
    Boosted systems do not use the breather line since the air inside the air intake tube is under higher pressure than the air inside the valve cover.
    Carefully look at the pics and/or instructions for the CAI and you should be able to figure out if the CAI uses both connections.

Uncle Dave@ddmworks was nice enough to route a breather hose to the intake pipe for my turbo. :thumbup:

• IMO yes ... positive crankcase ventilation helps ring seal and actively evacuates water,fuel, and blow by vapor rather than allowing it to contaminate the oil... If you are worried about contaminating the intake charge IMO a better option would be a "catch can" between the valve cover port and intake tube rather than not using the PCV vent tube port provided by Alpha in the intake although the Ecotec already has a pretty efficient system to separate out the oil vapor on an NA motor......

I will make the necessary changes ASAP. Thanks for your help.

Sent from my iPad using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

• I did do the simple QA1 springs replacement for the fronts. Retail from summit was $120 or so but required the compression of the coils that was not very easy without the real dedicated tools. I modified some manual compressors but you have to be very careful not to scratch any powder coating on the shock or the springs. Did make the stock shocks much, much better for a fraction of the cost (had to do something before spending the bucks). The rear cleavis has to be cut down to allow the stock rear match the 7/8" drop you get in the front.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

Edited once, last by Ruptured Duck ().