Slingshot Bucks like mad when taking off briskly

• From the day I bought it, if stopped at a light or stop sign it will buck like a bronco when I put my foot into it. This resembles some one that pops the clutch without giving gas but this is not the case as I have tried it dozens of times being careful apply throttle as I let out the clutch. Any one else have these symptoms? This can't be normal as I drove another guys rig and it did not do this at all.

• PEDAL POSITION SENSOR (ACCELERATOR) DIAGNOSTICS ......................................... 11.128
    THROTTLE POSITION SENSOR (TPS) DIAGNOSTICS ................................................. 11 .130
    ELECTRONIC THROTTLE CONTROL (ETC) O

Could be one of these.

Just to clarify...these are 3 different sensors....

• My ECM is custom tuned for the supercharger now, the problem was there before and after the ecm tune. I also have a random misfire and I am thinking the two are one in the same. When I hit the throttle a little hard in 1st or 2nd it bucks like crazy but I think it may actually be a bad miss that is causing it now.

DDM checked my ECM and changed out my fuel injectors, the O2 sensor, and the map sensor but no help. I put a wide band A/F ratio gauge and can see the miss when it comes on. I will pure while idling but when an event happens it pushes the mixture lean and dances the needle up to 15-16. It will go away on its own but comes back again. Engine is alway at or when the fan comes on.

• Following this thread as I too have the SC and can experience periods of bucking - more so when I shift into third or fourth under hard acceleration. I am not spinning the tire but it acts like traction control or rev limiter is kicking in (and I know I am not at the high rom level) for very brief periods (fractions of a second) then returning to throttle.

Only fix is to take foot off the gas entirely, let the bucking stop then get back into the throttle.

• Yes, that is similar to my problem, mine will happen in first and second. I have to take my foot off the gas to allow it to stop, then it works normal.

It also seems to be doing something up around the rev limit, same thing, I am not up to red line but it starts to run rough and I have to let my foot off the gas and let it settle down which can take several seconds.

I was thinking about changing the ignition coils next after I install the new cam sensor and cam actuators. How do you test the coil?

• Dont have a SC or turbo but mine does this sometimes. Never thought anything about it. But yea mine bucks alittle as I hit the gas. I let off and reapply gas pedal and it stops. Does it only once in a while.

• @Casey_SS I haven't really tried anything to fix it, just take the foot off the gas and let it settle down. It doesn't happen a lot / every time. I will need to play around some and see if I can consistently recreate / cause it to happen, then see if traction control turned off has any influence.

Not sure if the gas peddle sensor is super sensitive and any slight fluctuation in peddle pressure is being read on / off etc.

Will need to be cautious as this bucking tends to occur under heavy acceleration in the higher RPM ranges.

• @Live-a-Little! mine used to hop up and down when I took off fast and I realized what MY problem was. The rear is so light that when I would give it gas at a light and the road had any slight bumps, rolls whatever the rear tire would lift off the ground and just keep bouncing till I eased off the gas, so now I just get rolling a bit and then give it gas. Solved my problem.

Life is simple ... you're either "Qualified or you're Not'

• @Live-a-Little! mine used to hop up and down when I took off fast and I realized what MY problem was. The rear is so light that when I would give it gas at a light and the road had any slight bumps, rolls whatever the rear tire would lift off the ground and just keep bouncing till I eased off the gas, so now I just get rolling a bit and then give it gas. Solved my problem.

Somewhat similar experience here when the pavement in the intersection is wavy due to the cross-traffic. I just have to take it easy until I get through the intersection and onto flat pavement.

I believe the Slingshot experiences this more than other cars because our rear tire rides the center of the lane. Picture an intersection as multiple lanes of tire ruts crossing each other at right angles. Your front tires run in the lane ruts so it seems pretty smooth, but your rear tire is out of the rut and riding over the lumps from the crossing ruts.

• I have an alpha supercharger on my 2015 slingshot. I installed The kit myself. I am certain that I made no mistakes in the installation. The ECM has been reflashed for the super. I am experiencing a misfire at hard acceleration in first or second gear, in the higher rev range. I suspect it might be a gas starvation issue but I replaced the injectors with the injectors supplied with the supercharger kit.