Something is burning!

• I was one of the lucky bastards that had my backup camera go up in smoke with in the first week of owning it. If the camera is still working that's not it. I feel your pain @Moccasin. Keep at it it has to be somewhere. I assume there was no other special wiring done by the previous owner along the underside or trans tunnel?

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• The camera went out a week or so back - blue screen of death, as it were. I should get around to checking the tail lights tomorrow.

I've been making a mod on a utility trailer that should make loading easy. No issues with tire width as the wheels are to the rear of the trailer wheels. The SS will be riding backwards on the trailer and is also less likely to be hit by road debris. The rear tire of the SS will be about 4 or 5 feet back from the front of the trailer. I did consider the weight but the engine is mid ship, as you know and the rear axle will be about at the front of the engine. Dual axels have much less of a desire to sway when loaded too heavy to the rear. Nearly all of the weight will be forward of the rear axle so I don't see it could ever be an issue. I will post images when it's done. One thing to remember when you see something I've built - "functional, not pretty".

My people skills are just fine; my tolerance for idiots, not so much!

• The camera went out a week or so back - blue screen of death, as it were. I should get around to checking the tail lights tomorrow.

I've been making a mod on a utility trailer that should make loading easy. No issues with tire width as the wheels are to the rear of the trailer wheels. The SS will be riding backwards on the trailer and is also less likely to be hit by road debris. The rear tire of the SS will be about 4 or 5 feet back from the front of the trailer. I did consider the weight but the engine is mid ship, as you know and the rear axle will be about at the front of the engine. Dual axels have much less of a desire to sway when loaded too heavy to the rear. Nearly all of the weight will be forward of the rear axle so I don't see it could ever be an issue. I will post images when it's done. One thing to remember when you see something I've built - "functional, not pretty".

60% of the weight should be in front of the tires...just saying...

uhaul trailer towing video - Yahoo Search Results

• If this happened to me, the first thing I would do is remove the fuse marked "radio". camera plugs directly into infotainment center, and tech says that just unplugging camera not enough..... Currently have my fuse out, waiting for new info screen and harness....... (warranty)

• Just thought about this after watching a trailer hitch install video...on a 2017 the fuel pump is right In between the seats next to the seat belt retractors. You need to get that thing opened up before it starts a catastrophic fire .. Maybe a loose wire in that area..