Engine dies while running down the road

• Have you tried dry gas? Put in a couple bottles and get some seafoam...try the simple stuff first....and stay in the slow lane so you can pull off fast...keep an eye out..run out the entire tank...

I NEVER buy gas at joes bargain gas station ...paying a few extra cents per gallon is an insurance policy.....I use name brand gas highest octane...even in my full size vans...30 gallon tanks....but they are 350 motors....never buy gas when the gasoline truck is filling the tanks...it stirs up the dirt and water in the tank...if I need gas and I see the tanker there I drive on by...

• Let's assume in the gasoline supply chain...every scammer wants to make some free money by adding water to each load...at $3 a gallon......water is only about a penny a gallon...and that happens 2-3 time before it hits the station...think the guy that's making penny's on the gallon might want to make some extra money per load too?

I always assume there is some water in the gas...that could have been "added" not from condensation...but that's there too..not saying it can't happen at the name brands...

• When mine was shutting off in hard turns there was no code. Since I had a really good mechanic he immediately started his search from the work that had just been completed. Thought it was speed sensor related and pulled the axle the previous mechanic had installed. Found Loctite on the axle shaft that would just barely interfere with the sensor when the axle would move a fraction of an inch when turning hard. He told me the speed sensors were very sensitive and not that difficult to block with dirt, etc. When I told him about the ABS light and traction control light coming on in my Jeep (without telling him what the computer said) he asked me if I checked the speed sensors. Said they were an issue on Jeeps when used off-road. Dirt and mud are terrible for these sensors.

• Have you tried dry gas? Put in a couple bottles and get some seafoam...try the simple stuff first....and stay in the slow lane so you can pull off fast...keep an eye out..run out the entire tank...

I NEVER buy gas at joes bargain gas station ...paying a few extra cents per gallon is an insurance policy.....I use name brand gas highest octane...even in my full size vans...30 gallon tanks....but they are 350 motors....never buy gas when the gasoline truck is filling the tanks...it stirs up the dirt and water in the tank...if I need gas and I see the tanker there I drive on by...

DO NOT RUN THE TANK EMPTY!!!!
    You have a boosted motor and that would be very bad.
    Sorry about yelling, had to make sure this is not done.

• Ok let me clarify, I didn't mean to drive it on fumes but you need to burn up that gas just in case that's the problem. Drive in the curb lane until you figure out what your problem is. Like a pilot when flying they are always looking for a safe place to land in an emergency. You need to look for places to pull over when it shuts down.

• Good luck with this! I too, would inspect: 1) battery cables, 2) fuses, 3) any service done recently. Then- I would get serious about the "infotainment system". We believe was what ultimately caused the same type of power loss on freeway that you experienced. SS#2 currently has issue with frozen display- however, it remained lit up, even w/o key in ignition. After a night on battery charger- opened a warranty claim, and service mgr. pulled the fuse

• Good luck with this! I too, would inspect: 1) battery cables, 2) fuses, 3) any service done recently. Then- I would get serious about the "infotainment system". We believe was what ultimately caused the same type of power loss on freeway that you experienced. SS#2 currently has issue with frozen display- however, it remained lit up, even w/o key in ignition. After a night on battery charger- opened a warranty claim, and service mgr. pulled the fuse

Do you think this is going to become a recall issue?

• Had a weird one yesterday. Stopped for gas on my way home. When I went to restart nothing came on except for the start button. I started the bike, but not lights on the dash no tach, no speedometer, radio and most of all no power steering. I pulled away from the pump and sat there for a couple of minutes and then the dash came on and everything was OK. Well except for the check engine light.

Proud Member of SOG!!!!!!!

2015 SL (Yellow) Traded becuase it kept melting

2018 SLR LE with DDM SuperCharger!!! I guess the gray ones are faster...

• Had a weird one yesterday. Stopped for gas on my way home. When I went to restart nothing came on except for the start button. I started the bike, but not lights on the dash no tach, no speedometer, radio and most of all no power steering. I pulled away from the pump and sat there for a couple of minutes and then the dash came on and everything was OK. Well except for the check engine light.

Have a look at your batteries negative ground and see if there is corrosion built up in the terminal or where it contacts the frame. Try to see if either end is loose as well.

There was a video on youtube and I can't find it now, but he was having the same issue and I believe it was something with the fuse box. I think that is the one Polaris replaced the whole box and stuff. If I come across the video, I'll share it.

• Here is the video I was talking about.....accidentally came across it again! Couldn't find it searching for it!....lol

Can see in the comments he said the following:
    In the end it was a burnt connection to the top fuse in the rear fusebox. After this was repaired, and a lot of the half-assed alarm wiring in the vehicle was removed, everything worked fine.

Might not be the same issue, but something to look at.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seChmcswh-I

• Please let us know when you get it figured out! Would like to know. I'm thinking about getting a slingshot and keeping track of everything and debating on whether to make the jump or not. Seems to be a money pit, but hard to tell on some things because of everyone modding them so much.

• Please let us know when you get it figured out! Would like to know. I'm thinking about getting a slingshot and keeping track of everything and debating on whether to make the jump or not. Seems to be a money pit, but hard to tell on some things because of everyone modding them so much.

Money pit only for gas and mods - at least for my experience. Any issues I've had have been covered under warranty - speed and cam sensors