WoW - DROVE A 2017 VANDERHALL-VENICE 2DAY - wOw

• BTW if during your research you come across a Vanderhall forum please let me know, I have not found one and I am interested in keeping tabs and see what people do with the base model, so far I haven't even found anyone who even sells aftermarket parts or anything.

Have Not found a Vanderhall Forum Yet

..................................................... tom n carol

• Ill have to agree regarding how close your partner (because that's what you are when sitting in the Venice) are to each other. No elbow room to be had. There was one at the SSTAKEOVER event on Sunday. Had a moment to look it over. The front looks better than the Laguna and the rear is much more streamlined than the SS. They chose to make the cockpit small so that they could keep the rear slim and teardrop in shape. The rather bathtub shape of the SS (in the rear) is because we actually have some room in the darn thing. For Vanderhall this was a form before function approach.
    As for the 1.4L FWD..... From what I have been told it drives nice but not the rocket it looks to be.

As for aftermarket it will be like the SS but even more expensive. If these sell in any number don't expect it to be cheap to make it your own.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• Ill have to agree regarding how close your partner (because that's what you are when sitting in the Venice) are to each other. No elbow room to be had. There was one at the SSTAKEOVER event on Sunday. Had a moment to look it over. The front looks better than the Laguna and the rear is much more streamlined than the SS. They chose to make the cockpit small so that they could keep the rear slim and teardrop in shape. The rather bathtub shape of the SS (in the rear) is because we actually have some room in the darn thing. For Vanderhall this was a form before function approach.
    As for the 1.4L FWD..... From what I have been told it drives nice but not the rocket it looks to be.

As for aftermarket it will be like the SS but even more expensive. If these sell in any number don't expect it to be cheap to make it your own.

If it was cheap to make the Sling your own then PLEASE tell me where I went wrong :00008172:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

Maybe I am the only one but every time someone brings up how expensive things are for the SS I tend to think in my head and sometimes say out loud , Is this your first toy or was your previous toy a kawasaki ninja(dirt cheap accessories).

Don't get me wrong I am not saying I like paying a lot of $$ for parts or that I would complaint if parts were cheaper but compared to other toys out there the SS aftermarket is pretty cheap for the most part.

Now back to the Vanderhall I agree that 2 people with large waist size or broad shoulders could be an issue ,so you have an idea I am 6' ~195# 34 waist size and I fit perfectly and is way more comfortable than the SS as far as leg room and driving position, I was out with my brother in law when I came across it and yeah 2 guys/gals with broad shoulders could be an issue .

Again I have never driven the venice but the Laguna Sport looked perfect not a single thing that i would change other than the engine......... :00008356:

Btw this was not directed at you RD.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• Agree to a point - just depends on how far you want to go customizing making it your own. In my case buying the Sling was by far less than what I have spent on it in customization. Customized several Harleys and aftermarket parts for them can be insanely high priced proving you can go bat shit crazy on just about anything if you set your mind to it ..... and have a wallet to match :D

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I wish luck to all that buy one. I'm not speaking from anything but my personal view. The Vanderhall is too narrow. It is front wheel drive. It has the GM turbo 1.4. I'm not even mentioning the automatic. OK, I guess I just did. But those are all "Nope" for me. I like the room in the SS, but do wish it had more leg room. Front wheel drive in this to me is the wrong way to go. I'd rather have the 2.4 with CAI and Header with a remap of the ECU (which I have) than a turbo 1.4. I do appreciate the lack of rattles, but my hood pins from @mniron reduced that dramatically without spending another 5k base price. Maybe someone will come up with something better.... but for now I'm happy with the SS.

• Great bunch of guys the president and sales manager stopped by the shop this spring and we had a great conversation. Very different vehicle than the slingshot and its targeted at a different demographic. I too was "ehh" about the FWD but when I drove one it feels very neutral. You don't have the push and slip like the ss has but pull and grip.

• If Alpha picks up the Vanderhall that right there would be push some people with doubts would need to jump on it.

I have been looking but I can't even find a forum of people discussing/hyping it other than random threads here and there.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• If Alpha picks up the Vanderhall that right there would be push some people with doubts would need to jump on it.

I have been looking but I can't even find a forum of people discussing/hyping it other than random threads here and there.

Its still a nitch vehicle and in small numbers. They do not plan on making a ton of them this year. I forget the #'s but its very small. They are also not a big conglomerate like Polaris and have multiple dealers in every state and forces them to have multiple models on the floor.
    It will take a year or so I think before this thing really takes off and that will happen as they ramp up production. These are pretty much all hand made not automated like the SS.

• Most likely. What I found amazing is that they are transparent and support after-market. Polaris won't even release sales numbers or forecast #'s

The real question is can you slip an LS3 in it...?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk