Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• Over a week ago I blew the whistle on this as well as a bulk altering of the past months numbers on the "Corona Virus" thread .... obvious there was something going on considering the areas where the numbers went sideways after a week long blackout of anything other than positive case reports ... with the replies I hit ignore on the thread.

..... bored-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• Over a week ago I blew the whistle on this as well as a bulk altering of the past months numbers on the "Corona Virus" thread .... obvious there was something going on considering the areas where the numbers went sideways after a week long blackout of anything other than positive case reports ... with the replies I hit ignore on the thread.

..... bored-squared

Glad your back - was startin to think you had taken off on your boat leaving me in all this crap going on by myself :00008172:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Glad your back - was startin to think you had taken off on your boat leaving me in all this crap going on by myself :00008172:

I'm still here, just not a lot of time to post but I'm reading every day. After a few months delay the retired LEO buddy who I am helping build a new shop and I decided we where not going to put up with the Counties stonewalling anymore so we went direct to the state, had them issue all our licenses without local sign off, and started the build out. All they can do is delay our opening since we had all approvals before this crap happened. It's go time people. Doing my best to spend locally and give work to as many who need it as I can.

But I can tell 'ya. I'm not going to complain about early retirement being boring anymore. Having to get up and physically work 10-12 hours a day hurts more than I remember ........ laugh-squared

Edited once, last by Orangeman ().

• I'm still here, just not a lot of time to post but I'm reading every day. After a few months delay the retired LEO buddy who I am helping build a new shop and I decided we where not going to put up with the Counties stonewalling anymore so we went direct to the state, had them issue all our licenses without local sign off, and started the build out. All they can do is delay our opening since we had all approvals before this crap happened. It's go time people. Doing my best to spend locally and give work to as many who need it as I can.

But I can tell 'ya. I'm not going to complain about early retirement being boring anymore. Having to get up and physically work 10-12 hours a day hurts more than I remember ........ laugh-squared

I hope the wind is with you brother - I can’t imagine trying to get a business off the ground in today’s madness!! If anyone can - I know you got this 👍👍

• I have missed any news organization siting a percentage of positive cases vs. not positive, IF they ever even reported it. Personally, I don't see how that matrix helps fight Covid. I also don't see omitting it as ominous or helpful to any argument.

The positive cases being accurate is the most important stat, followed by deaths. Most news stations show those two. The good news is, by doing the math myself, the percentage of positive cases that lead to death is 50% of what it was. In the first few months of testing, deaths were 8% of positive cases. Whether I used a State, Country, County or entire world. Now that percentage is 4%. If anyone reported it then or now, I haven't seen. It is a promising thing though. :)

Speaking of "conspiracies". Why are the Republican states now "lying about their numbers"? Why are they now closing their states like the Democrats that did it to, " hurt the economy"? Why are they claiming their hospitals are filling up?

Either Covid is as bad as the scientists, doctors and infectious disease experts say it is or every governor and mayor is becoming a never Trump sheep, hell bent on ruining the economy to hurt Trump.:/

Hint: Everyone that believes in science knew it would get bad in Republican states and most likely worse than in Democrat states because of the mentality of their citizens.

Everyone that believes in science also knew all the Dem states that reopened, would see an uptick and contemplate closing again. I don't think they will get people to obey closing orders again, if it comes to that.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, Trump wore a mask in public. Is he also slowly becoming a Trump hating sheep also?

Edited once, last by WOLF ().

• A wise friend passed this on to me.

How in the hell can average Americans decipher the difference between the science and the political spin to make intelligent decisions?? How screwed up is that??

• A wise friend passed this on to me.

How in the hell can average Americans decipher the difference between the science and the political spin to make intelligent decisions?? How screwed up is that??

so seems like the safest way to be in public is to break the law. Doing anything honest will get you killed. That and resisting arrest.

• I have missed any news organization siting a percentage of positive cases vs. not positive, IF they ever even reported it. Personally, I don't see how that matrix helps fight Covid. I also don't see omitting it as ominous or helpful to any argument.

Florida is currently testing more than any other state, on Saturday we tested 146,000 residents ... that is right around 1% of the population in a single day. It is also more than 15 other smaller states combined. Everyone is getting tested before they return to work.

With some Hospitals and labs not reporting negative tests at all it skews the positive/negative/#of tests percentage which other states are using to quarantine FL residents, and is the metric to determine if cases are actually rising, stable, or dropping in relation to the state population as a whole. It is also used for materials and ER space planning. If you test a 100 people and 90 are positive or you test 100 people and 10 are positive makes a big difference, especially if 20 where positive last week.

In a bigger picture this percentage is also what the EU is using to determine who they let travel.

Without accurate information on all metrics a single number by itself without context is almost useless. For example FL's death rate/positive cases is right at or under 1%.

.....nerd-squared

..... bored-squared

I’ve been telling everyone for years that everything is a conspiracy. Just because the info is coming from a republican state doesn’t mean a Democrat didn’t fudge the info. They could not get rid of all of them. Look how much trouble trump has had trying to drain the swamp with RINOs and Democrat spies infiltrated into their staff at different levels.. deep state runs very deep.

• I recently received a letter for a donation to the police fund something or other....

any police union that politically endorses any democrat for office will never get a plug nickel from me.

any other union worker whose union backs a democrat needs to rethink your affiliation. I know the steel workers back democrats, I know the auto workers backed Hilary....and then they begged trump to save their jobs...elections have consequences....so if you were stupid enough to listen to your union officials that are probably bought off.....you’re an idiot.

I’m all for the police but not when they want to agree with the democrats to defund you and disarm you and disrespect you....I’m not for you.

any citizen that is ok with your politicians wanting to defund the police.....to take there guns and your guns needs to wake up...

• I recently received a letter for a donation to the police fund something or other....

any police union that politically endorses any democrat for office will never get a plug nickel from me.

any other union worker whose union backs a democrat needs to rethink your affiliation. I know the steel workers back democrats, I know the auto workers backed Hilary....and then they begged trump to save their jobs...elections have consequences....so if you were stupid enough to listen to your union officials that are probably bought off.....you’re an idiot.

I’m all for the police but not when they want to agree with the democrats to defund you and disarm you and disrespect you....I’m not for you.

any citizen that is ok with your politicians wanting to defund the police.....to take there guns and your guns needs to wake up...

the problem is that if you are in a union your dues are most likely going to support Democrats - even if you as an individual do not

frankly I think unions should be prohibited from political involvement and donations

but until that happens like it or not if you have even been in a big union and paid union dues you have supported democrats - if you want the benefits the union offers and you are a conservative then you have to sell out your political beliefs or find another job

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Corporations hire and employ working people - - Unions try to screw Corporations primarily to enrich the Union leaders

Teachers Union leaders pay around 350 million a year - - average teacher pay about 35 thousand a year

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I was raised in a big time union city with all the petrochemical plants here so I understand that mindset and need in a lot of cases. There is one thing I could never understand that really bothered me about unions. When they went on strike I had friends that went out and stood in the searing heat on a picket line, barely being able to feed their families. Meanwhile the union fat cats continued drawing their big salaries - many times fighting for something the companies could not or never would give prolonging worker pain. Sadly though - that sounds a lot like government “working” for its citizens!🤮

• Makes me wonder if everywhere would be about 1% if they tested "everyone". As far as I know, most places just test those with symptoms.

1% is much better than 4% and extremely better than the 8% that was standard in the first few months.

Thanks for the info.

• https://www.foxnews.com/us/protester-attacks-nypd-officers

This is beginning to look a lot more like anarchy rather than “peaceful” protests. If law enforcement is not allowed to take control back I fear the streets of America are going to become filled with blood with a violent resistance to the protesters!