Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• Curious on the thoughts about the recent articles regarding some senators or govt officials selling their stocks prior to the hits after being briefed on coronavirus earlier in the year...

WOLF, Bill Martin, Orangeman ?

That's a tough one.

I wouldn't want them to prematurely cause a market crash by revealing to the public what they knew. They would be stupid not to act on information they know that could help them.

Yet, they are jerks for keeping it to themselves and shady for secretly taking advantage of privileged information.:)

• That's a tough one.

I wouldn't want them to prematurely cause a market crash by revealing to the public what they knew. They would be stupid not to act on information they know that could help them.

Yet, they are jerks for keeping it to themselves and shady for secretly taking advantage of privileged information.:) I

That business plan really worked out well for Martha Stewart - I myself would go another way 😂

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• That business plan really worked out well for Martha Stewart - I myself would go another way 😂

Why Mr. Bill? I'm sure you wouldn't mind being in the same jail cell as Martha for several months. Heck, you could do all the cooking and holiday decorating once you got out with all she'd teach you. I'm sure Angie would LOVE you for it

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Curious on the thoughts about the recent articles regarding some senators or govt officials selling their stocks prior to the hits after being briefed on coronavirus earlier in the year...

WOLF, Bill Martin, Orangeman ?

Public outcry will prompt the announcement of an ethics investigation, chances are there are others you will never hear of, probably on the ethics board so it will drag out, the findings will be inconclusive (they will say they are not in direct control of their stocks, they all have them in trust..wink wink), and eventually be forgotten. Right..... nope ..... the way it is, unfortunately yes. Is there a two tiered system, also yes. ...... bored-squared

EDIT: Funny thing is I did the same .. with only publicly available information.

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

Edited once, last by Orangeman ().

• With all of the different "shut downs" and people at home, lots of different things are happening. As most of you know I'm a residential painting contractor. Talking to the guys at my local Sherwin-Williams store there are very busy with people (DIY people) coming in to buy products. Apparently it's happening at the Sherwin stores across the country. We're still working and have quite a bit on the books. Never know for sure if the job going to 'fly' until they write the 'down payment' check and we get started. I'm guessing that things are also moving at the 'big box' stores. Need something to do if I'm stuck at home. I'll put gas in the Slingshot and ride the country roads in Northern Indiana if I'm not making a little money.

• I am usually a pessimist but I really think the market is going to come back really strong once this passes. Fortunately I don't rely on the market to live.

A couple of people who's thoughts I value are thinking the same way. There is a lot of construction that is under way and needs to be completed. A couple on 'nods' and the market can turn in a heart beat.

• To me it sounds like another news story they're trying to make up. Three or four government people selling stock if it was a crisis it would be all of them. It's just like my 401k I don't tell them what to do normally .

you should be telling them what to do with your 401(k) - not wise to trust others with the investment choices for your money - - on the other hand Government people who have access to information that the general public does not need to distance themselves from their investment decisions - best case it just looks wrong and worst case its a crime

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• To me it sounds like another news story they're trying to make up. Three or four government people selling stock if it was a crisis it would be all of them. It's just like my 401k I don't tell them what to do normally .

they were on the senate intelligence committee a small number of senators in a classified meeting with unadulterated information not meant for public consumption....it was democrats and republicans.....not fantasy stuff...real insider trading on secret information..if they told everyone in Congress the chances of them getting away with it go way down.......get ready

It was a “conspiracy” to use classified info for profit...they “conspired” to commit a financial crime/s ....everything is a conspiracy....get used to it...

• they were on the senate intelligence committee a small number of senators in a classified meeting with unadulterated information not meant for public consumption....it was democrats and republicans.....not fantasy stuff...real insider trading on secret information..if they told everyone in Congress the chances of them getting away with it go way down.......get ready

It was a “conspiracy” to use classified info for profit...they “conspired” to commit a financial crime/s ....everything is a conspiracy....get used to it...

Not taking sides but to clarify it was a closed door meeting, not classified, no classified information was discussed, no "secrets", it was an informational briefing by Dr. Fauci and the contents of that breifing where tweeted out before the Senators hit the door .......

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......