Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• I don’t know if any of you guys own one but barring any last minute appeals bump stocks will be illegal as of 4/27/2019. They have to be destroyed or turned in or you can face up to 10 years in prison. I don’t have nor ever wanted one but am outraged that the government is now seizing personal property based on a legally purchased item.I don’t know what they cost but “some” places are offering $150 in a buy back program. The anti gun people are really going to see this as a big win empowering them to come after something else. Make sure you know your representatives views on firearms before you hit the ballot box because the assault on the 2nd Amendment will not stop !!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I don’t know if any of you guys own one but barring any last minute appeals bump stocks will be illegal as of 4/27/2019. They have to be destroyed or turned in or you can face up to 10 years in prison. I don’t have nor ever wanted one but am outraged that the government is now seizing personal property based on a legally purchased item.I don’t know what they cost but “some” places are offering $150 in a buy back program. The anti gun people are really going to see this as a big win empowering them to come after something else. Make sure you know your representatives views on firearms before you hit the ballot box because the assault on the 2nd Amendment will not stop !!

I am glad that I traded mine off for ammo before all of this happened.

• I don’t have nor ever wanted one but am outraged that the government is now seizing personal property based on a legally purchased item.

I don't have one. Even in the times that they deemed certain rifles "assault weapons", I thought that they still had stipulations on those that existed which were purchased legally in the first place. I know states have done banning of items before, but I don't remember it at the federal level (at least in terms of weapons). This is a slippery slope.

Do I need one? No, I don't even want one or I would already have it. But for it to have been legal to be manufactured and purchased, but now will be not legal to own after a date the feds come up with is very disturbing to me. This would set precedence, and could be used to ban or outlaw every weapon or related item in the future. Next on the chopping block could be the Slingshots.

Argument could be made that this bump stock ban is only common sense. But there are a large percentage of those working at the federal level that have none of that said "common sense". Not to mention, no one that has one that plans to use it as a mass killing machine will turn one in anyway. Besides, a killer could modify the weapon in other ways with a similar result. Remember, killing people (mass murder or just one murder) is already against the law.

• I don't have one. Even in the times that they deemed certain rifles "assault weapons", I thought that they still had stipulations on those that existed which were purchased legally in the first place. I know states have done banning of items before, but I don't remember it at the federal level (at least in terms of weapons). This is a slippery slope.

Do I need one? No, I don't even want one or I would already have it. But for it to have been legal to be manufactured and purchased, but now will be not legal to own after a date the feds come up with is very disturbing to me. This would set precedence, and could be used to ban or outlaw every weapon or related item in the future. Next on the chopping block could be the Slingshots.

Argument could be made that this bump stock ban is only common sense. But there are a large percentage of those working at the federal level that have none of that said "common sense". Not to mention, no one that has one that plans to use it as a mass killing machine will turn one in anyway. Besides, a killer could modify the weapon in other ways with a similar result. Remember, killing people (mass murder or just one murder) is already against the law.

I agree. I don't like the idea that something legally purchased and owned can retroactively be made against the law, that a law biding person can suddenly be a criminal. As a gun owner in California this has happened to me. A gun I own legally has been re classified as an assault weapon and I have been forced to either modify it, get rid of it or register it. I modified it because I knew about the law change, but Its not right, what if I didnt follow these things and didnt know the law changed? I can guarantee that most people don't and the fact that you can be made a criminal by doing nothing is very frightening to me.

I don't like it, I know they say that ignorance is no excuse for breaking the law, but how is a person to know if they change the laws after the fact? You were told it was legal, you bought it and you installed it and then you put it away and didnt think about it - - and now you go out and shoot it and you can go to jail or be fined and arrested - - - - - - really?????

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I don't have one. Even in the times that they deemed certain rifles "assault weapons", I thought that they still had stipulations on those that existed which were purchased legally in the first place. I know states have done banning of items before, but I don't remember it at the federal level (at least in terms of weapons). This is a slippery slope.

Like I said to start with, what will they do next? Cut your trigger finger off! With practice you can be just as fast and accurate with the trigger finger. Been there and done that.

• yea - I think they are trying to Whitewash the whole thing - - - - - - - oh wait, - - - - - - - - - - is it racist to say that?

• In all my years in law I have NEVER seen such a shit show as this Smollett deal. IMO there are some VERY powerful people behind the scenes forcing this deal !!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• In all my years in law I have NEVER seen such a shit show as this Smollett deal. IMO there are some VERY powerful people behind the scenes forcing this deal !!

I highly suspect that if I falsely reported that I had been assaulted by gay black men yelling that black lives matter I would not get off so easily

the double standards in our legal system that favor those with money and those who are seen as being on the "correct side" of the issues are disgusting

A black gay man who is clearly anti Trump and anti Trump supporter gets favorable treatment in the legal system - - does that really surprise anyone?

• I'm just wondering WHEN, and yes it will happen now (at least it should happen to him) WHEN it is done to him for real......

Will anyone lift a finger to help him?

Will anyone believe him again?

IMO, he deserves it when it happens, And I will laugh my big fat flabby ass off at him when I see him on TV crying about it.

Dude better hire him some armed democratic security guards.

• Big question for me now is - WHERE THE FUCK ARE THE TWO GUYS IN MAGA HATS ?? FunCycle - we been wearin MAGA hats for years - wonder if we should start workin on our alibi ???? :00008172::00008172:

That is the one cap that I do not have. One of my 8 ball caps is "Keep America Great". A different Trump ball cap for each day of the week.

• Big question for me now is - WHERE THE FUCK ARE THE TWO GUYS IN MAGA HATS ?? FunCycle - we been wearin MAGA hats for years - wonder if we should start workin on our alibi ???? :00008172::00008172:

They ditched the hats and went underground. You can't risk being spotted wearing MAGA paraphernalia. You could get the crap beat out of you for that! =O

Hate has no home here, joke!

Latest I heard the prosecutors reasoning was that he completed community service, forfeited his probation money & Chicago had bigger fish to fry i.e. gun violence. Most likely that gives reason to forgive all involved. Brilliant!