Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• Will do. It will be nice to see them support what's best for America, rather than some stupid letter (R)(D).

well - - - it was my frustration with both the (R) & (D) parties that lead me to become a registered (L)

now I am free - - - - I may never vote for the winner ever again, but I don't care about winning any more, I care about what I feel is right and being able to go to bed at night knowing I didnt compromise my values

I think the thing that frustrates me the most is the blindness that both sides have toward each other. There are very good people and very good ideas on both sides yet the people in charge on both sides would rather let everything go to shit before they would cross over and accept those good ideas.

they only care about winning and it is winning at all cost regardless of if its right or wrong - F you and me, they don't care anymore

anyway rant over - I love you all <3

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Democrats'

new House majority will hold hearings on ‘Medicare-for-all’ legislation

how do you feel about the idea of Medicare for everyone?

if it does not include for profit insurance companies between the patient and his doctor would it be something you could support?

if it could be done in such a way as to minimize waste of the monies taken in could you support it

I actually think if it were done correctly I could support it - - I am not sure it can be done correctly, but that is a different subject.

It seems to me that if it were possible for Government to collect monies in the form of taxes and to then distribute those monies directly to medical service providers and to do so efficiently without the involvement of any insurance companies it could be a good thing.

Right now we have this huge insurance industry that is between patients and their doctors that is sucking up huge amounts of the money being spent and none of that sucked up money does anything medically - - yes it is free market, and I do normally like free market solutions, but it seems to me than in the case of health care the insurance industry has gotten way to big and is taking way too much of the pie when it comes to dollars spent on healthcare

So what do you think? - please forget the party line and actually think about it outside of what the parties say = = is it possible that a single payer system run properly would be an improvement over what we have now?

• I've seen a totally different system, in the UK, regards healthcare.

Every working person contributes towards health care, irrespective of their status or income and every person receives health care, irrespective of their status or income.

Many of you will know that I have some server health problems. Tomorrow I visit hospital for further assessment, of my present health situation. - I require a kidny transplant, a Pankreas transplant, probhably a heart bypass operation, major eye surgery, probhably home kidney dialysis. I have inoperable stomach + bowl problems and many many lesser treatments, just to keep me alive. -

My eye medication alone (not including any treatment), has already cost over $22,000 USD. All covered by our system, free of any charge & because of it, I am still able to ride my SlingShot.

I'm very fortunate that our government pays for this. Some people will travel through life, without needing care. I travelled a much rougher path.

Our (NHS) system is far from perfect & tomorrow, there is a possibility that I will be told that I am too ill, to be saved. However I do know that the system will do what it can for me and not check how deep my pockets are, first.

You realy do need a system similar or better than our one, if the nation has any care for its own people.

As you can see above. I feel deeply about this and my thoughts have no political leaning, in any direction, other than care for my fellow man.

Just sayin'

All the best, from UK_Paul

Edited 6 times, last by UK_Paul ().

• the fact that there U.S. trained and educated doctors and dentists who have moved across the border into Mexico who are treating Americans and Canadians for about 1/3 of what the same things would cost here it gives you a good idea of how much money gets sucked up by the insurance industry and associated costs

• UK_Paul I hope everything goes well for you and you can continue to Sling for many decades to come.

Thanks WOLF tonight will be a long one. My appointment is 12:30 hrs GMT, Friday, so many of you will just be waking up.

I can't hide, the fact, I am frightened of what the outcome may be.

I don't expect a black or white answer, things never work like that, but I put my trust in our great health system, but even that may not be able to fix me.

All the best, from UK_Paul

• One thing that is gaining popularity here in the valley are "boutique" Doctors. These are doctors who have stopped accepting any insurance and they only accept patients who sign up for an annual "maintenance" contract - - basically this is for people who are pretty healthy and have money. I have one of these doctors as a client. Last I talked to him about it was 3 or 4 years ago and at the time his fee for patients was $4,000 a year. When you signed up and paid this fee you got pretty much unlimited office visits for a year and I think he even included house calls. Of course any other expenses like medications or any procedures that could not be done in the office were not included in the $4,000.

Since the AHC act (Obama Care) became law almost all of the doctors practices around here are being bought up by the hospitals - - its actually very interesting - - apparently insurance will pay more for many procedures if they are performed in a hospital than they will pay if they are done in a doctors office. By selling a medical practice to the hospital the doctor keeps his office and to you or me it all looks the same as it did before, but because it is now owned by the hospital they can bill the insurance the higher fee because technically any procedures done are now considered to have been done in the "hospital" even though it is the same office it always was

Doctors like this because they turn all of the billing and hassles of insurance over to the hospital in turn the hospital pays them as much or more per procedure that they made before and the hospital takes the extra that insurance pays for themselves - - - in the end its good for everyone except the people who eat the increased cost through higher insurance premiums

I would say that 70+ percent of my clients are medical practices and I would say that 80 to 90 percent of those are now owned by the hospital

• UK_Paul I am so sorry to hear about your health issues and will keep ya in my prayers. Our healthcare system has been so corrupted by lobbyists I don’t know if it can be fixed. I believe we have the best physicians and surgeons in the world here in the US but what good does it do if

1-) You can’t afford their care.

2.) You die before you get into see them

I am glad to hear the UK has it figured out - Canada does not - those that can afford it come to the US for serious treatment. If we can afford to give away 54 billion in foreign aid why can’t we make affordable healthcare for our citizens????

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• WOLF - what ya think about your newly elected representatives

Dem Rep. Rashida Tlaib faces backlash for profanity-laced Trump impeachment vow

https://www.foxnews.com/politi…ced-trump-impeachment-vow

Think she will be reaching across the aisle for common ground. It’s Dems like her that make me not walk but RUN to Trump (which ain’t easy for a one legged fat guy :00008172:)

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it