Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• When I was growing up I was taught that minimum wage jobs were entry level jobs. Getting into the system, proving yourself and moving up. I understand the argument for a need to raise the min. wage some. But we need to look at all angles. My father owned two small grocery stores. Both operated 12 hour days, 7 days a week, employing a combined 14 (people per operating hour) people daily. This does not include taxes, an outside accountant, insurance, advertising, energy, maintenance, general operational costs among many other costs. Using todays wages and President Biden's push for a $15 dollar minimum wage. Understand that raising the minimum will not affect gross income for many business. All other parameters will remain the same or most likely go up as other business struggle to make a profit.

Minimum wage 7.50 increased 7.50 to $15

7.50 X 14 workers X 12 hour days X 364 days (closed Christmas day)

7.50 X 14 X 12 X 364 = $458,640 dollar increase in operating costs.

Just about a half million dollar a year increase from wages alone.

He would loose money day one and would be forced to shut down immediately or loose everything. No choice. 14 jobs lost and associated jobs. Dairy farmers, Meat processes, bakeries, distributors ect. The whole area I grew up in is not doing well. There's zero white privledge, it's hurting. Most businesses will not survive. No question.

• I started work when I was 14 in a ma and pa store $13 a week gross. I didn’t need healthcare.

They want to kill the economy. When I was looking for a real job my goal was to find a job with healthcare and retirement.

• I have a question for all of the smarter than me people on here. I AM SERIOUS ABOUT THIS. Why do we put our money in a bank basicly for free when we are getting nothing from it. Having a little debate about this in the family. The only thing that I can see is THE MAN at the top (the one with all of the money) get's to use our money for free. SO THE QUESION IS STILL WHY DO WE KEEP DOING IT? WE ARE NOT GAINING ANYTHING

• While I'm not advocating not to have an emergency fund/cash on hand - money in the bank right now is only going to depreciate when it could be out there working for you in the market or even bonds are better than a bank account. Not an advisor and this isn't advice, but I am a cheap ass and like saving money and making that money work for me!

• While I'm not advocating not to have an emergency fund/cash on hand - money in the bank right now is only going to depreciate when it could be out there working for you in the market or even bonds are better than a bank account. Not an advisor and this isn't advice, but I am a cheap ass and like saving money and making that money work for me!

I agree but why do people do this. Almost anything you do with your money at home will gain you more than a bank even if was in the dirt. Now for the next question? What would happen to these RICH people if we refused to put our money in the bank.

• Maybe I should have just started another thread on this. ANYONE INTERESTED BECAUSE I WANT TO KNOW I started my own protest months ago. In a few months I will be down to my MINIUM amount in checking and savings. I use my checking to pay bills. I do not pay bills on a computer network.

• I agree but why do people do this. Almost anything you do with your money at home will gain you more than a bank even if was in the dirt. Now for the next question? What would happen to these RICH people if we refused to put our money in the bank.

So be like the banks... lots of bank stocks you can get rich with the banks on. XLF is one I've moved into over past week or so. We know Biden is going to stimulate the hell out of things and who does that money flow through? The banks...

• I have a question for all of the smarter than me people on here. I AM SERIOUS ABOUT THIS. Why do we put our money in a bank basicly for free when we are getting nothing from it. Having a little debate about this in the family. The only thing that I can see is THE MAN at the top (the one with all of the money) get's to use our money for free. SO THE QUESION IS STILL WHY DO WE KEEP DOING IT? WE ARE NOT GAINING ANYTHING

I only have enough money in a checking account to cover any reasonable emergency expense. Actually that portion is in an interest bearing checking account. It's a joke. For the thousands I have in it and the amount I gain in interest I could buy a happy meal. But it has easy access and I can use it as an advantage in other ways. I have two credit cards. Each with maximum cash back in different areas. I use a credit card for everything I can and pay in full with a money transfer from the checking account every month. It totals up to hundreds of dollars in cash back rewards which I use for Christmas gifts every year.

All my other money is in the stock market divided in a relative safe way.

• How many of you are tied into Bank Of America and AT & T, both that are tying to take down all of us and the USA.

I hate to say it, But I bank at BOA.

I have my personal account and business account there, have had them there for at least a decade.

I initially went there when I was a over the road truck driver just for the size and being able to do business almost everywhere in any state.

And just stayed there when I quit driving.

Now it would be a huge hassle to leave them, but I will if I find another bank, but honestly, ALL the banks are required to turn over that information to the gubment.

It is not the banks fault, It is our too big and too powerful gubment.

But I do not keep ALL my money in a bank or in the banking or financial system.

I like having a few dollars in cash as a SHTF fund.

And unfortunately ATT is the only game in town when it comes to cable and internet, so I have that and have been with ATT mobile for over a decade also.

About the only signal that I get at my house.

But would like to change it all if I could.

I hate them.

• How many of you are tied into Bank Of America and AT & T, both that are tying to take down all of us and the USA.

I am in the process of winding down my BoA account. Once my rewards are processed and the balance is paid in full I will cancel the account. My opinion what they did was a selective target. From what I heard handing over info without specifics (i.e. massive search and destroy) is not how it is suppose to work.

• You bring up a great point Gerald... I've long said money isn't real. It's all just in the air. We're basically trading labor for products and services, but money is the arbitrary thing keeping everything going, but with so much debt in America, there really isn't any money!

They talk about Bezos and Musk switching places for richest person in the world, and all dependent on the stock market... "money" just floating around...

I'd really like to see what happens if everyone would take their money out of banks, but sadly, we're in a system where it wouldn't be possible.

Anyway, why is it done? Because of convenience, the overall system, and "it's just the way it is"...

• ME TO, But you are off subject. I am serious here! Why do we keep doing it?

Habit....I only use cards when on a trip. Always use CASH for everything when in the home area and as much as possible when traveling. Being in business I do have a couple of bank accounts and keep enough in them to make business happen.

• I been with Merrill Lynch for 25 years. Bout 10 years ago Bank of America bought them out so I wound up with them not by choice. I’m set up where I live on dividends as every nickel I own is with them. They have a cash management account for bill pay, ATM, etc. There is no charge for that but I get bent over on brokerage fees but they make me acceptable gains. IMO bank checking accounts are for convenience - no more - no less.

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it