Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• Our boy Trump is really starting to make things shake and move. After calling out Boeing for running up costs on a new Air Force One is something that never happens in DC. If he can change the way our government does business it will be one of the greatest accomplishments I have seen in my lifetime!! He really sounds like he is serious about building up our military and taking care of our Vets. I know the left will never come around but so far I am proud of my vote - first time in a long time!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Trumps Backpedaling has only begun.

Repeal and replace Obamacare
    Obamacare will be amended

Build a big, beautiful wall—and make Mexico pay
    Yeah Right.

Deport illegal immigrants through mass deportations
    Trump is no longer calling for “mass deportation,” and is instead calling for the deportation of criminals.

The Iran peace treaty will be gone.
    The TImes of Israel reports that Trump may not scrap Obama’s Iran nuclear treaty after all.

• I guess we will just have to wait UNTIL he is sworn in as President to see what he does with that crap,
    But I am sure Obamacare will be dismantled and amended with better ideas. They might keep the name, LOL
    But looking at what all he has done already, and he is not even sworn in yet, I am looking forward to the next 4 years
    of watching snowflakes and dems cry when they see what a REAL president does, not a "community organizer" that was never qualified to be a President in the first place.

• With all due respect @Thomas Sleight - with all the falsehoods the media is spreading and a liberal hatred of Trump - you may be right but until I see it or hear it from the horse's mouth I have got to believe he is gonna try and make good in as many campaign promises as the law allows. If we ALL don't get behind him with our support it is detrimental to the progress of our country.

PS YOU HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO BE SKEPTICAL- LORD KNOWS WE HAVE BEEN LIED TO THE LAST 8 YEARS

• I'm just going to wait to pass judgment as he does some things that make me think i voted the right way..... then in the same hour he does some things that make me think this guy is insane lol..... his handlers really need to change his social media passwords so he can use them anymore.

• I know Trump is brash, speaks off the cuff, and often says things he should not. However, on the positive side, it would take a person with his personality to take on the Washington machine. Time will soon tell if he can make progress or he becomes as impotent as Obama has been during his Presidency.

• I know Trump is brash, speaks off the cuff, and often says things he should not. However, on the positive side, it would take a person with his personality to take on the Washington machine. Time will soon tell if he can make progress or he becomes as impotent as Obama has been during his Presidency.

I'll say it... I am a republican, but I don't think Obama has been horrible... the worse thing he has done that affects me is ACA... repeal that and i'll be fine. I do realize for 95% of his term he had a republican house that blocked a lot of shit he tried to do, what I don't know is was it helpful to me it was blocked? He did run up the deficit like never seen before, but he was also craped on with a failing economy that democrats like to blame Bush, but the reality is it was a long time coming from whom ever allowed the housing industry to sell houses to broke ass people (some say it was Clinton, others say ti republican bills...who knows who cares its a done deal).... lol

• The housing industry did it to themselves. When the lenders were in bed with the appraisers - talk about the fox in the hen house!! The reason Obama did so poorly is he was too far left - if Trump tries to govern too far to the right he may be ineffectual also. What Obama did do is double the debt - hopefully Trump will tear up the blank checks - we can't afford it!

• I'll say it... I am a republican, but I don't think Obama has been horrible... the worse thing he has done that affects me is ACA... repeal that and i'll be fine. I do realize for 95% of his term he had a republican house that blocked a lot of shit he tried to do, what I don't know is was it helpful to me it was blocked? He did run up the deficit like never seen before, but he was also craped on with a failing economy that democrats like to blame Bush, but the reality is it was a long time coming from whom ever allowed the housing industry to sell houses to broke ass people (some say it was Clinton, others say ti republican bills...who knows who cares its a done deal).... lol

If you really want to take the time to educate yourself on what caused the Housing/Financial crisis this book is a must read...

• Always worth a repeat...

A History Lesson - Liberals vs Conservatives

Humans originally existed as members of small bands of nomadic hunters/gatherers. They lived on deer in the mountains during the summer and would go to the coast and live on fish and lobster in the winter.

The two most important events in all of history were the invention of beer and the invention of the wheel. The wheel was invented to get man to the beer. These were the foundation of modern civilization and together were the catalyst for the splitting of humanity into two distinct subgroups:

1. Liberals; and
    2. Conservatives.

Once beer was discovered, it required grain and that was the beginning of agriculture. Neither the glass bottle nor aluminum can were invented yet, so while our early humans were sitting around waiting for them to be invented, they just stayed close to the brewery. That's how villages were formed.

Some men spent their days tracking and killing animals to B-B-Q at night while they were drinking beer. This was the beginning of what is known as the Conservative movement.

Other men who were weaker and less skilled at hunting learned to live off the conservatives by showing up for the nightly B-B-Q's and doing the sewing, fetching, and hair dressing. This was the beginning of the Liberal movement.

Some of these liberal men eventually evolved into women.

Some noteworthy liberal achievements include the domestication of cats, the invention of group therapy, group hugs, and the concept of Democratic voting to decide how to divide the meat and beer that conservatives provided.

Over the years conservatives came to be symbolized by the largest, most powerful land animal on earth, the elephant. Liberals are symbolized by the jackass.

Modern liberals like imported beer (with lime added), but most prefer white wine or imported bottled water. They eat raw fish but like their beef well done. Sushi, tofu, and French food are standard liberal fare.

Another interesting evolutionary side note: most of their women have higher testosterone levels than their men. Most social workers, personal injury attorneys, journalists, dreamers in Hollywood and group therapists are liberals. Liberals invented the designated hitter rule because it wasn't fair to make the pitcher also bat.

Conservatives drink domestic beer. They eat red meat and still provide for their women. Conservatives are big-game hunters, rodeo cowboys, lumberjacks, construction workers, firemen, medical doctors, police officers, corporate executives, athletes, Marines, and generally anyone who works productively. Conservatives who own companies hire other conservatives who want to work for a living.

Liberals produce little or nothing. They like to govern the producers and decide what to do with the production. Liberals believe Europeans are more enlightened than Americans. That is why most of the liberals remained in Europe when conservatives were coming to America. They crept in after the Wild West was tamed and created a business of trying to get more for nothing.

Here ends today's lesson in world history: It should be noted that a Liberal may have a momentary urge to angrily respond to the above before forwarding it. A Conservative will simply laugh and be so convinced of the absolute truth of this history that it will be forwarded immediately to other true believers and to more liberals just to piss them off.

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• Let's be honest here - one of the major reasons that the housing crisis occurred was because people actually believed they could afford a $600k house on a $30k annual salary. Were there other issues? Yes. Should housing prices ever have been that inflated? Probably not (although they will probably do so again). But if we, as individuals, are not smart enough to look at that and go...." yeah, not a good idea", then we can't blame banks for taking advantage of our _________________ (naivete? stupidity? fill in the blank).

WE HAVE TO ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR OUR OWN ACTIONS!!!! (rant over)