Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• Anyone see the start of Bristol today? If you are watching, look at the lack of people in the grand stands. Does not look like the stands are even half full. Remember back years ago when someone had to die for you to get a ticket to the race. All that I can say is NASCAR has done this to themselves. I turned to the race just to see how many people are in the stands.

Another factor is that nearby hotels are charging up to 300 dollars a night, according to an AP news article I Googled from 2019. I don't think the prices have gotten any cheaper.8)

Weak people revenge.:evil:

Strong people forgive.:saint:

Intelligent people ignore.:P

Albert Einstein

Edited once, last by CptJeep ().

• Prices for all entertainment venues has escalated to a point where the average American is priced out. Taylor Swift, Adele, etc etc are up in the thousands of dollars. In the late 80’s my bride and I went to a Guns N Roses concert. I stood in line for HOURS and scored 2 tickets 3rd row center for $80 a piece and I thought that was outrageous. Same seat now is $5000. I wouldn’t pay that to see Elvis risen from the grave to play and I’m a huge fan :00008172:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Anyone see the start of Bristol today? If you are watching, look at the lack of people in the grand stands. Does not look like the stands are even half full. Remember back years ago when someone had to die for you to get a ticket to the race. All that I can say is NASCAR has done this to themselves. I turned to the race just to see how many people are in the stands.

With the price of tickets & anything else you buy to wear or eat at the track I am not surprised.

• So much bull crap from the media and internet on both sides it’s tough to tell the real truth - with AI it’s going to be impossible unless you see whatever in person.

On to another subject - I believe this could be the Dems next move. They are stuck with Biden and have to back the OLD horse in the Nov race. There are already rumbles for Kamala Harris to step aside “for the good of the country” because she is less popular than Joe. I look for who the Dems really want to be Prez to take her place and if they win Joe just says he can’t continue for whatever reason. Gonna be a really interesting 7 months leading up to the election!!!

If one is interested... here is is speech..

LIVE: Donald Trump speaks at MAGA rally in Ohio - YouTube

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• Wow, did they run with this one! ....and the dictator one. It's a whole other issue when these media outlets absoulty know the level of falseness and still chose to ram it through over and over.

China now is building a couple of massive plants where they're going to build the cars in Mexico and think, they think, that they're going to sell those cars into the United States with no tax at the border.

Let me tell you something, to China, if you're listening, President Xi — and you and I are friends, but he understands the way I deal — those big, monster car-manufacturing plants that you're building in Mexico right now, and you think you're going to get that, you're going to not hire Americans, and you're going to sell the cars to us?

No, we're going to put a 100% tariff on every single car that comes across the line, and you're not going to be able to sell those cars if I get elected. Now, if I don't get elected, it's going to be a bloodbath for the whole — that's going to be the least of it, it's going to be a bloodbath for the country, that'll be the least of it. But they're not going to sell those cars, they're building massive factories.

• it’s like I said in my original post about this, the great orator. If he would just take a minute to think before he opens his big mouth, none of this would even be an issue. But he thrives on all of the attention that he gets from saying things like that, knowing what the media will do to it.

I believe personally that he does that just so he can later say see the persecuting me.

• it’s like I said in my original post about this, the great orator. If he would just take a minute to think before he opens his big mouth, none of this would even be an issue. But he thrives on all of the attention that he gets from saying things like that, knowing what the media will do to it.

I believe personally that he does that just so he can later say see the persecuting me.

Would you rather he sugarcoat, sanitize, and run everything said through focus groups and speech writers so you are only being fed exactly what he thinks you need to hear to get elected no matter if it's what he actually thinks or will do if elected. If so....welll...there's a whole lot of others who do precisely that. Barry was a smooth talker but I'll gladly take the sometime tangents of thought from someone who's moving faster than their mouth can keep up with than being lied to. At least I can have a modicum of confidence that he is speaking his actual mind. I honestly wish everyone could hear him speak in a more intimate setting. Every single person I have met who has had that opportunity has come away with better understanding and an improved view. Myself included.

........ ninja-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• Would you rather he sugarcoat, sanitize, and run everything said through focus groups and speech writers so you are only being fed exactly what he thinks you need to hear to get elected no matter if it's what he actually thinks or will do if elected. If so....welll...there's a whole lot of others that do precisely that. Barry was a smooth talker but I'll gladly take the sometime tangents of thought from someone who's moving faster than their mouth can keep up with than being lied to. At least I can have a modicum of confidence that he is speaking his actual mind. I honestly wish everyone could hear him speak in a more intimate setting. Every single person I have met who has had that opportunity has come away with better understanding and an improved view. Myself included.

........ ninja-squared

He speaks very different in a meeting setting while retaining a firm posture. Much needed and expected from the President of the United States. The media will never let that happen! Would destroy the narrative.

• After utilizing Siri multiple times while on the road today, I’ve come to the conclusion, we have nothing to fear from AI🤯

combine that with Apple pursuing Google to utilize their Gemini AI system makes me just shake my head🤪

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

Edited once, last by SoCal ().

• Would you rather he sugarcoat, sanitize, and run everything said through focus groups and speech writers so you are only being fed exactly what he thinks you need to hear to get elected no matter if it's what he actually thinks or will do if elected. If so....welll...there's a whole lot of others who do precisely that. Barry was a smooth talker but I'll gladly take the sometime tangents of thought from someone who's moving faster than their mouth can keep up with than being lied to. At least I can have a modicum of confidence that he is speaking his actual mind. I honestly wish everyone could hear him speak in a more intimate setting. Every single person I have met who has had that opportunity has come away with better understanding and an improved view. Myself included.

........ ninja-squared

No, I wouldn’t. I would prefer that he spoke in complete sentences, and not in garbled thoughts. I truly believe he does what he does for attention. Calling Biden out loud a stupid son of a bitch serves no purpose other than to bolster an ego in my opinion, even though Biden is that. I don’t know anything sugarcoated or focus groups, but I would like some cognitive thought into what is being said, rather than bouncing all over the place with no real thought in mind. At least that’s how I perceive him.

to me, the fact that so many people are jumping up to defend him, tells me he is only doing that for his ego. Four if he spoke what he truly felt and not what he thinks people want to hear to get riled up, he would not need the defense. That’s just my opinion.

• No, I wouldn’t. I would prefer that he spoke in complete sentences, and not in garbled thoughts. I truly believe he does what he does for attention. Calling Biden out loud a stupid son of a bitch serves no purpose other than to bolster an ego in my opinion, even though Biden is that. I don’t know anything sugarcoated or focus groups, but I would like some cognitive thought into what is being said, rather than bouncing all over the place with no real thought in mind. At least that’s how I perceive him.

to me, the fact that so many people are jumping up to defend him, tells me he is only doing that for his ego. Four if he spoke what he truly felt and not what he thinks people want to hear to get riled up, he would not need the defense. That’s just my opinion.

Don’t forget the oxymoron of the decade when Biden called Peter Doocy a stupid SOB - decorum

Is a thing of the political past on both sides

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• This is what Trump gets. It's been going on for years. A slow bleed of deterioration. I like to research and purchase American products when practical. It's getting ever more difficult. Have been looking into and just bought a set of Tour Edge golf clubs. I love them. I looked at another article prior but can't find at the moment. Said most clubs are moving to overseas due to EPA strangle holds placed on USA manufacturing not in place overseas. So what happens? We loose jobs, tax revenue for zero economic or global benefit. In truth perhaps acceptable manufacturing practices right here would be far better for the U.S and the world. I decided to purchase Tour Edge clubs made in the USA. Love them!

https://www.golfspan.com/which…clubs-are-made-in-the-usa

"Just like Automotive and many Global manufacturers, China has “dangled the carrot” of low manufacturing costs, to every industry.

Labor in China is abundant and low-cost. The multitude of people seeking work in China, and the work ethic, make it a manufacturer’s dream.

Most golf club manufacturers have taken the option to use Chinese facilities in some form or another.

It would be fair to say that many parts are manufactured in Asia, but some companies still do the final assembly in the USA."

Final Thoughts

Out of the 7 manufacturers, we investigated it is true to say only one can claim to be ‘Made in the USA!’

Tour Edge seems to be the only true full-blooded club manufacturer within the USA.

They source their own materials and develop, design, and assemble the final product.

It must be very satisfying for the owner David Glod to hold this mantle in the face of the big brands.

However, it could just be a matter of time before a large corporation in or out of the sporting goods business, makes a bid to buy Tour Edge.

In regard to the "blood bath" B.S. being pushed by the main stream media. This is what Trump see's as the further degradation of America.

How about it main stream media? Do some work! Or just keep slinging the B.S.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BYD_Auto

North America[edit]

United States[edit]

While celebrating BYD's 5,000,000th new energy vehicle production in August 2023, Wang Chuanfu calls on local Chinese car manufacturers to "unite" to take on foreign manufacturers, responding to the severe price war in the Chinese market throughout 2023. Wang claims that it is "an emotional need for the 1.4 billion Chinese people to see a Chinese brand becoming global," and started a campaign titled "Together, we are Chinese autos". The patriotic call was welcomed by the CEOs of Nio and Li Auto.[70][71]

220px-Byd_us_headquarter_la.JPGBYD US headquarters in Los Angeles, California

BYD's North American headquarters opened in Los Angeles in 2011.[121] BYD's electric bus plant in Lancaster, California went operational in 2014.[122][123] BYD first supplied the Los Angeles Metro Bus system with buses in 2015.

In a February 2024 interview with Yahoo! Finance, Stella Li, executive vice president of BYD and CEO of BYD Americas iterated that BYD is "not planning to come to the US" to sell electric passenger cars, despite planning a manufacturing plant in Mexico, citing political resistance on Chinese companies and the slowing rate of growth for electric car adoption.[124]

Mexico[edit]

BYD started selling electric passenger cars in Mexico since 2023. The first models introduced were the Han EV sedan, Tang EV and Yuan Plus EV.[125][126] Previously the company has presence in the country selling battery electric buses, trucks and taxis.[127] Reports in February 2024 indicated that BYD is planning to build a manufacturing plant in Mexico. According to Stella Li, the company is not considering any northern state as it targets the local market instead of the US market.[124]

Yah, right, manufacturer in Mexico. they probably have no intent to flood the North American market.