Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• Looks like he was average at best.

Factoring in the effect of global events at the end of his administration are included, I would respectfully call average more than acceptable.

Like him or not, credit him or not, or just call it dumb luck, an honest person must recognize it.

......... nerd-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• so, what happens if I drive over into a neighboring state to buy my new car?

install speed governors, smart devices that automatically limit the vehicle’s speed to 10 miles above the legal limit.", which I take to mean that it would adjust to the speed limit on every road, and only allow 10mph over that. WOW. Buying a car out of state would be a better option. In taking that view, out of state would have no speed limiter activated.

• I love this page number…, a lot of good people were born in this year! 😎

if those vehicle speed limited mandate's are passed, I’d hate to think about people fleeing from forest fires, shootings, rushing to a hospital and a host of other emergency scenarios.

• I agree, maybe average in this case is ok. But on the other shoe, (and I do not support him) the new guy is maligned for inheriting the same thing that makes average ok. As stated, an honest person must recognize it.

I personally like to give credit where it is due, thus my average rating for the entire 4 years not just the last. While that year certainly skewed stats, things like trade deficits, home prices, murder rates, federal regulations... GDP was average during first 3 years (I cannot fault him for the decline during the pandemic) and others are what I base my rating on. While some of those could be affected by the global crisis of the last year... certainly not all of them.

With the tax cut certainly caused individual and corporate profits did go up... but so did the deficit... The deficit was about 20 trillion in 2017 and before the pandemic happened had raised to 25 trillion in 3 years... with another 3 trillion attributed to the pandemic... Obummer raised the debt by the total same amount in 8 years after inheriting the 2008 recession during his first term.

To me an average performance... just my opinion.

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

Edited once, last by billythekidd ().

• I love this page number…, a lot of good people were born in this year! 😎

if those vehicle speed limited mandate's are passed, I’d hate to think about people fleeing from forest fires, shootings, rushing to a hospital and a host of other emergency scenarios.

But it will stop the robbers from getting away from the scene, and probably limit drive by shootings, and, and, and.........:/:/

• What about LEO’s Will the government exempt itself?Hummm??

of course they will - - its what they do, put rules and laws on everyone and then exempt themselves

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I have also seen where they want the 15 minute rule. That is if you want to go somewhere that is over 15 minutes from where you live you have to get permission to travel. If I remember ther is a place in Cali. that is already doing that and it is being done in some places in Europe now.

• applies to both IMO

mytoy Agree with you 100% however with Trump you may disagree with or not like what he says but it’s coherent and you can understand it.

As for me, with Biden I have trouble understanding what he says or if the poor man really knows where he is half the time. I Feel sorry for him. I think his wife was cruel to put him in this position.

Trump is rather bombastic, and I would not seek him out as a friend, Joe Biden, I’m not sure if we were friends he would remember that we were friends. IMO

The whole thing is a mess and we as a country deserve better. But then again, we did vote for them both.

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• The one stat that is irrefutable and is destroying our country…

IMG_6692.png

Every time the Democrats do something or propose something, they never seem to think more than one move ahead.

I think it’s a general understanding, at least with me that the influx of immigrants is nothing more than a ploy to create dependency among a potential electorate. I also have very very little faith in the chamber of commerce. They are in the back pocket of those that want cheap labor. This is why the whispers are growing louder about guaranteed income.

As Rush Limbaugh used to say “flag the tape”. I predict there will come a day because of AI that we will no longer need an influx of low skilled labor. then what do we do with them?

Just look at the layoffs that are happening now in banking, restaurants, and Amazon just let go over 80,000 people not too long ago. They’re not coming back - the robots that don’t need a 401 are in charge now. The short sighted fools in Washington on both sides of the aisle, created a situation where robots are now economically feasible. The rapid rise of the minimum wage enabled this .

Not too long from now. The Amazon truck that is self driving will pull up in front of your house. A little ramp will deploy and a robot will scurry up to your front door and drop off your package.

Do you really think they designed self driving cars because people don’t enjoy driving?

I have a robot that vacuums my house, one that cleans my pool and if I choose, one that mows my lawn, I also have mini robots that lock my doors control my lights AC and heat. I think we all know where this is going. I’m actually holding a robot in my hand right now.

AI is quietly, in the background replacing scores of jobs. It’s a quiet apocalypse that many will not realize until it’s too late. Just look around -it’s happening right now.

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

Edited once, last by SoCal ().