Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• Life is simpler when someone thinks like you Sparcky . Unfortunately, I lived 13 years of my life in full blown "communism" as a Cuban citizen so yes my brain is wired completely different. Just because we dont agree politically does not mean we can't sit down and have some good rum and cigars one day brother.

Glad you made it out of there and are living in the great state of Florida!

• Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• https://www.foxnews.com/politi…war-after-raid-mar-a-lago

Just asking for opinions here - are we as close to a civil war since the Civil War ?? It appears to me both sides are becoming more and more radical with each passing day IMO - something has to give or the right spark will ignite something that we have never seen before. I pray cooler heads prevail during this tumultuous time.

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

Just asking for opinions here - are we as close to a civil war since the Civil War ?? It appears to me both sides are becoming more and more radical with each passing day IMO - something has to give or the right spark will ignite something that we have never seen before. I pray cooler heads prevail during this tumultuous time.

You know what we need ......... leadership..

Unfortunately in this case I fear silence and inaction are because this is not only expected, but wanted.

....... newpolitician-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• Life is simpler when someone thinks like you Sparcky . Unfortunately, I lived 13 years of my life in full blown "communism" as a Cuban citizen so yes my brain is wired completely different. Just because we dont agree politically does not mean we can't sit down and have some good rum and cigars one day brother.

While I obviously can't understand what you have been through, I completely agree. I try to make my life simple, it reduces stress.

Political bias and affiliation, should not dictate who your friends are. I can pretty much say for 1000% certainty, if I had met you or any of the others from here at a sling rally, bar, vacation, etc, the last thing that would be discussed would be politics, and it would not even be in my mind to think about it.

Drinks, cigars, more drinks and sling mods would be the convo.

Cheers

From an outsider looking in, YES. It has been slowly heading down that path for a while IMO. Horrible liberal government up here also.

While it may be possible, I believe a revolution would be more inline with what may be needed.. The "fight" should not be with each other but should be against an oppressive Govt. Politics are the problem.. when people have to vote for one thing or another just because that is the only choice there really is, things are broken. Like the old saying goes, voting for the lesser of two evils is still voting for evil.

I hope it doesn't come to that but just basic interactions with people show how stressed everyone is. If we could just take the media out of peoples daily lives everything, in my opinion, would settle down significantly. Unfortunately we have folks in this country (and it may be the same else where) that turn on CNN or FOX News in the morning and let themselves be inundated with rhetoric all day.. There truly is no need for 24 hour news.

There was 3 cents for ya... :)

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• But what about Hillary! 🤣 You guys crack me up. 🤣

We do because we are stupid. Unlike you we don't understand that some people are better than other; after all wasn't that the theme to George Orwell's Animal Farm? You would be in jail for doing what Hillary did, but you are ok with that. You understand that your lot in life is to be subservient to the elite.

Unlike you we interpret the constitution to be an absolute. We have the absolute right to free speech and we have the absolute right to protect ourselves. We are too stupid to understand that it's the elites who should determine what we say and what we can use to protect ourselves; or if we are allowed.

Unlike you we have a fairly hard and absolute moral code. Borders should be enforced, children should not be raped even by the elites which you wholeheartedly disagree with. Your values are what the elite tell you they should be, we are too stupid to realize that.

When you watch one of the adaptations of 1984; it makes you warm and fuzzy. The all powerful elite crushing opposition. We are such morons that we see that as a nightmare scenario.

• Democrats are about hate; no better than a cult. Trump isn't relevant at all when it comes to how he is being treated by democrats, they did the same to Sarah Palin. Heck they have referred to Ben Carson as stupid; and he is a brain surgeon that craps more smarts than the senior white house leadership.

Biden put as many hurdles as possible to domestic energy production; when you make it harder to do business you increase expenses. This is where inflation is coming from. Russia invading Ukraine is simply by funded by increased profits from increased energy prices. If Biden had stayed the course Trump laid out Putin could not afford to invade Ukraine.

It IS a world problem, but Biden is a large, senile piece. He started a chain reaction.

• Like I have said in the past, I didn't like him before he was prez. Being prez didn't change that

ok, so based in the positive aspects you mentioned, is there anything he can do that would change your mind on being a supporter? Especially with issues regarding top secret documents and therefore possible espionage or treason? Would that not change your mind? Or regardless you are ok with that?

has any of that been proven? All we have is a document that states that was the status of the docs. This from the same people who had the raid the house.

YLM. Your Life Matters

• has any of that been proven? All we have is a document that states that was the status of the docs. This from the same people who had the raid the house.

Seems to be a tide change this morning.

After a week of claiming accusations and Internet rumor as fact, this morning words such as "allegedly", "in theory" and "sometimes involves" are all the sudden being used in MSM articles. It appears the tempering of expectations and set up for walk backs have begun.

....... nerd-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

Edited once, last by Orangeman ().

• While it may be possible, I believe a revolution would be more inline with what may be needed.. The "fight" should not be with each other but should be against an oppressive Govt. Politics are the problem.. when people have to vote for one thing or another just because that is the only choice there really is, things are broken. Like the old saying goes, voting for the lesser of two evils is still voting for evil.

I hope it doesn't come to that but just basic interactions with people show how stressed everyone is. If we could just take the media out of peoples daily lives everything, in my opinion, would settle down significantly. Unfortunately we have folks in this country (and it may be the same else where) that turn on CNN or FOX News in the morning and let themselves be inundated with rhetoric all day.. There truly is no need for 24 hour news.

There was 3 cents for ya... :)

I think if the mainstream media told the truth and covered real stories like the border crusis, then the people of both persuasions would unite.

• The left likes to push the idea that the rich get rich by taking money from other people, they like to make it seem like the money supply is fixed and the only way one person can get money is to take it from someone else - - - this is why they push this concept of punishing those they call the 1%

The reality is that the 1% create jobs and in the process create new money that not only makes them rich, but also puts money in the pockets of all the people down the chain in the jobs they create

And the one giant truth the left never wants to talk about is the fact that the one group of people that actually does get their wealth by taking money away from other people isn't the 1% - - - its the Government and the politicians - - they are the true leaches of society

Government produces nothing, they earn no income, the only money they ever have or ever spend is money they take from working people with real jobs.

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

• has any of that been proven? All we have is a document that states that was the status of the docs. This from the same people who had the raid the house.

he has not been tried in court, so nothing will be proven until that ever happens (if it ever does). He is being accused, which I hope you realize the difference. Evidence gathering is part of the process is it not? I am sure the legal ones here can school anyone on this way more that I can. IF it is proven, would that change your mind?

• he has not been tried in court, so nothing will be proven until that ever happens (if it ever does). He is being accused, which I hope you realize the difference. Evidence gathering is part of the process is it not? I am sure the legal ones here can school anyone on this way more that I can. IF it is proven, would that change your mind?

I can tell you what I would like to see happen - let a special counsel vetted by Reps & Dems - be appointed to shoot the Democrats best shot at Trump. By the same token a special counsel vetted by Reps & Dems to take their best shot at Hillary, Biden, Hunter Biden, Comey, McCabe, Holder plus too many Dems to name that have committed crimes and never been prosecuted yet want to hold Reps accountable for the same thing. The rule of law should not be leaning toward whoever holds political power. Lady Justice is supposed to be blind - not hanging her head in shame!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it