Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• I don't even have the words

Three eighth grade students in the Kiel Area School District were notified of a Title IX complaint and investigation for sexual harassment for using a biologically correct pronoun when referring to a classmate, instead of the student’s preferred pronoun of “they/them.” The District’s position appears to be that once a student informs others of alternate, preferred pronouns, any subsequent “mispronouning” automatically constitutes punishable sexual harassment under Title IX.

Sexual harassment, as defined in both Title IX and the Kiel Area School District’s policy, typically covers things like rape, sexual assault, dating violence, stalking, inappropriate touching, and quid pro quo sexual favors. None of that—or anything even close to it—is alleged in the complaint. While there is a catchall for “unwelcome conduct” that is “so severe, pervasive, and objectively offensive that it effectively denies a person equal access to education,” the mere use of a biologically correct pronoun, without significantly more, does not count, and if it did, it would violate the First Amendment. Schools of course can and should deal with teasing and bullying, but using so-called “incorrect pronouns” alone is not punishable, without more.

Three eighth grade students in the Kiel Area School District were notified of a Title IX complaint and investigation for sexual harassment for using a biologically correct pronoun when referring to a classmate, instead of the student’s preferred pronoun of “they/them.” The District’s position appears to be that once a student informs others of alternate, preferred pronouns, any subsequent “mispronouning” automatically constitutes punishable sexual harassment under Title IX.

Sexual harassment, as defined in both Title IX and the Kiel Area School District’s policy, typically covers things like rape, sexual assault, dating violence, stalking, inappropriate touching, and quid pro quo sexual favors. None of that—or anything even close to it—is alleged in the complaint. While there is a catchall for “unwelcome conduct” that is “so severe, pervasive, and objectively offensive that it effectively denies a person equal access to education,” the mere use of a biologically correct pronoun, without significantly more, does not count, and if it did, it would violate the First Amendment. Schools of course can and should deal with teasing and bullying, but using so-called “incorrect pronouns” alone is not punishable, without more.

Things are getting out of control. When i was growing up there was a saying. Stick and stones…….

• Yes, Oregon does not allow it either. They are talking about allowing it but for now do not. In Oregon it goes back to the day of trying not to eliminate jobs... Oh well..

I have decided to setup shop in NJ and Oregon, and just developed a training session. I think it will really take off and make me rich.:00000441: Will be able to buy all the sling mods I want 😂😂

Sign up now. Send me $199.99 for a full detailed video with complete foolproof instructions. If you sign up now, I will include a cheap plastic replacement gas cap (as that is the part you will always forget)

:00008172:

i can only imagine the discussion going on about whether the state should allow people to pump their own gas……..:00000028::00000028:

• Things are getting out of control. When i was growing up there was a saying. Stick and stones…….

And most of us lived thru it all. When I was in High School the guys who drove their pickup trucks to School had a gunrack in the back window with at least one gun hanging on the rack.... and Trucks and car NEVER locked. (guess I'm a old country boy)

• And most of us lived thru it all. When I was in High School the guys who drove their pickup trucks to School had a gunrack in the back window with at least one gun hanging on the rack.... and Trucks and car NEVER locked. (guess I'm a old country boy)

lived through it and it made us thicker skinned and able to deal with life a bit better. Todays younger gen is going to have a hard time with life when they grow up.

Up here in polar bear and igloo country, if we saw a pickup with a gun rack, there was also a banjo and the soundtrack from Deliverance was playing…🤣🤣

I glad these rules weren't in place when I told my buddy in middle school he threw like a girl. 😂

It simply doesn't meet any definition of sexual harassment.

• lived through it and it made us thicker skinned and able to deal with life a bit better. Todays younger gen is going to have a hard time with life when they grow up.

Up here in polar bear and igloo country, if we saw a pickup with a gun rack, there was also a banjo and the soundtrack from Deliverance was playing…🤣🤣

He must have a cousin in WV cause I know I heard the banjo 2 years ago when riding the Slingshot thru the 'back country'.

• Why not just follow the science. Isn't that what the Democrats have been saying about Covid all along? So how can it be a violation if we just call it like it is in science terms? an XX or an XY are the only versions if you believe in science. How can it magically be altered to fit someone's left wing narrative?

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Why not just follow the science. Isn't that what the Democrats have been saying about Covid all along? So how can it be a violation if we just call it like it is in science terms? an XX or an XY are the only versions if you believe in science. How can it magically be altered to fit someone's left wing narrative?

You are correct... That is what I basically have always said... One can try to define themselves as they wish but without intervention from the scientific communities anything other than binary is an extinction event... Even with the current scientific community they still need one from the XX and one from the XY to make a person (test tube, in-vitro or whatever)....

So one may "identify" as they will, without binary, humans are extinct.

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• Just an observation, in one year Trump enables the strength of the American economy to find a vaccine for an unknown deadly virus.

Jump forward to Joe Biden and he can’t keep baby formula on the shelf and last time I checked we know how to make it we have cows and factories. Inapt or purposeful pick one.

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• There would have been a lot more baby formula on the shelves if they didn't have to feed over HALF A MILLION ILLEGAL BABIES crossing the border.. Funny how we find enough to feed illegals while taxpaying families can't find them on the shelves at ANY price

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• yes, by todays standards this does not have the nutrition of modern formula, on the other hand seems like most of the babies from the 50's and 60's and 70's who didn't have modern formula did okay - - - - who knows in 60 years from now parents might be appalled at what's in todays formula - - - science by its very nature is a constantly changing as new information becomes available

in the end, for most of the history of man there was no scientifically formulated formula yet despite this fact parents still seem to have managed

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

• let me state it differently - for most of the history of man there was no baby formula designed by scientists

and please don't beg :P

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL