Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• I told my wife and it's not out of the question. Many people who have met Putin in the past are implying he seems to be on the verge of becoming unhinged. If things start to get really out of control, I may get a hotel for a week or two somewhere a few hundred miles west. We live just outside Philadelphia between New York and Washington. The wife can telework.

That guy is starting to make me nervous.

• Yes I live about 15 miles south of the largest BP oil refinery in the United States. I'm at ground zero.

yep, times like this I am very glad we live in the desert with nice tall mountains between us an the major metropolitan areas of Los Angeles & San Diego. Hopefully if the shit does happen it will be when there is a nice off shore wind condition

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Watch the whole video. Apparently in the year 2000 Putin had mentioned to Clinton about Russia joining NATO. Someting that Clinton actually entertained at the time but his delegation were not too happy with. Now wouldnt the world be a different place if they would of allowed Russia to join NATO and squashed that old beef once and for all.

• Some Minister in Russia boasted how Moscow can shoot more than "500 nuclear warheads from its subs". Yea thats impressive and all but lets get serious now for once, how many do you think the US can shoot considering we have 3 times more destroyers and nuclear subs ALL AROUND the world strategically placed as well VERY near to Russian grounds. Perhaps if we had an actual leader he can quickly remind Russia how perhaps we lose 30% of our country but Russia would literally disappear from the face of this earth. A nuclear war is doomsday for all of us, but in a head to head vs the US alone Putin knows damn fucking well he is done for. Kind of tiresome to see Russians boasting about Nuclear capabilities as if we didnt have literally the biggest and strongest arsenal of nuclear weapons in the world, enough to go head to head with Russia AND China at the same time.

• I was reading the other day and read some interesting things about the nuclear capabilities of Russia and the United States.

Both Russia and the United States have something like 6,000 or so nuclear weapons, and both have the ability to launch huge devastating strikes that would devastate either country - - the one thing that Russia is believed to have that the United States says we do not have is smaller tactical nuclear devices. It is believed that not included in the 6,000 or so declared nuclear devices Russia also has a large number of small nuclear devices designed to be usable on the battle field - - The real frightening thing about these smaller devices is that we dont have any equal type devices to respond with. For example if Russia were to decide to use one of these smaller tactical nukes in some place like Kiev we have no ability to counter it that would be an equal response - our nukes are all far to large designed primarily to be used as mutually assured destruction deterrents on an international stage.

To me this could lead to some very frightening shit - think about it, if Putin used a very small nuke to take out Kiev what would we do? what could we do?

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

Edited 2 times, last by Edward Neal ().

• Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

• I was reading the other day and read some interesting things about the nuclear capabilities of Russia and the United States.

Both Russia and the United States have something like 6,000 or so nuclear weapons, and both have the ability to launch huge devastating strikes that would devastate either country - - the one thing that Russia is believed to have that the United States says we do not have is smaller tactical nuclear devices. It is believed that not included in the 6,000 or so declared nuclear devices Russia also has a large number of small nuclear devices designed to be usable on the battle field - - The real frightening thing about these smaller devices is that we dont have any equal type devices to respond with. For example if Russia were to decide to use one of these smaller tactical nukes in some place like Kiev we have no ability to counter it that would be an equal response - our nukes are all far to large designed primarily to be used as mutually assured destruction deterrents on an international stage.

To me this could lead to some very frightening shit - think about it, if Putin used a very small nuke to take out Kiev what would we do? what could we do?

The US still deploys the B61-3 and -4 bombs which are defined as "non - strategic" or tactical nukes. They have a payload of approx .3 KTon yield. Those can vary in payload since there is no defined definition as to the yield of a tactical nuke. The fear of using a non-strategic is the rapid escalation that would ensue.

As we are all aware of, we are the only country to have used these weapons in WWII. The 13 kton that was dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki could at this time be considered a Tactical Nuke.

Personally I would be more worried about the Nuclear Power Plants... Ukraine has 13 of those and is about the size of Texas which only has two. It wouldn't take much to make a real mess..

https://armscontrolcenter.org/…uclear-weapons-in-europe/

https://slate.com/news-and-pol…y-trident-submarines.html

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

Edited once, last by billythekidd ().

• I hope even someone as deranged as Putin should realize that Nukes tactical or not should never be used...

Here is a good reason to never trust what any government says:

On July 16, the Trinity Test, nicknamed “Gadget,” detonated near Alamogordo, New Mexico. The total yield of the explosion was 21 kilotons, more than 1.5 times larger than the Hiroshima bomb. The light from the explosion was so bright it could be seen more than 280 miles from the test site, as far as Amarillo, Texas. Nearby residents reported falling from the shock wave, while ranchers recall warm “snow” falling on their cattle and onto their crops for days.

To maintain secrecy, Manhattan Project leaders released a press statement claiming that the explosion was caused by the detonation of ammunition and pyrotechnics. But as government officials departed their state, New Mexico residents were left to live in massive amounts of dangerous fallout. In fact, of the 13 lbs of plutonium in the Trinity bomb, only around 3 lbs exploded. The remaining 10 lbs rose into the atmosphere as a cloud of heavily contaminated soil and debris, casting fallout across an area nearly 250 miles long and 200 miles wide.

In 2010, a report by the Los Alamos Historical Document and Retrieval Assessment Project concluded that radiation in some areas in New Mexico after the Trinity test was 10,000 times higher than what was considered safe exposure levels. The Center for Disease Control and the Los Alamos National Laboratory found that New Mexicans were never warned about the Trinity test nor provided safety or dietary precautions after the blast.

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.