Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• Now, some of you may believe what is really going on.

• Merry Xmas to you also - only downside I have found becoming a hillbilly - no more off the boat shrimp and especially no more mudbugs!!! Guess ya just can’t have it all 😛

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Trump happy that Biden gave proper credit for the creation of the Pfizer & Moderna COVID vaccines

In an exclusive interview with Fox News Tuesday evening, Trump reacted to Biden acknowledging his administration’s efforts.

"I'm very appreciative of that — I was surprised to hear it," Trump told Fox News. "I think it was a terrific thing, and I think it makes a lot of people happy."

Trump then repeated that he was "a little bit surprised."

"I think he did something very good," Trump said. "You know, it has to be a process of healing in this country, and that will help a lot."

The Trump administration created Operation Warp Speed, a public-private partnership to create vaccines against the novel coronavirus, as the pandemic raged in 2020. Under his administration, the Food and Drug Administration approved emergency use authorizations (EUAs) for the Pfizer/BioNTech and Moderna COVID-19 vaccines.

Trump in December 2020 signed an executive order that would ensure all Americans had access to coronavirus vaccines before the U.S. government could begin aiding nations around the world.

"This is a great thing that we all did," Trump said, referring to the roll-out of the COVID-19 vaccines. "I may have been the vehicle, but we all did this together."

"When we came up with these incredible vaccines — three of them — and therapeutics, we did a tremendous job, and we should never disparage them," Trump said. "We should be really happy about it because we’ve all saved millions and millions of lives all over the world."

Personally I must agree with Mr. Trump I think is very nice and also about time that Trump gets the proper credit for making the two most effective vaccines possible. Without the efforts of Trump heaven only knows how much worse this thing could have become.

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I got my booster yesterday. I feel a little "off" tired nothing bad. Going to visit the parents in assisted living in two days. Will pick up a dinner along the way.

That's very good of you - - - I think one of the saddest things about this entire COVID mess has to be all of the people in care facilities who have had to deal with insane isolation and not being allowed any visitors - - - fantastic that you have taken the steps so that you can have a meal and some good conversation <3

• A little update on my coworker, a few days they thought she might have turned a corner, they were able to drop her oxygen down to 95% and at this level her blood oxygen was staying at 91%, not great by any means, but better, unfortunately yesterday she took a turn and they had to put it back up to 100% oxygen - - - - its been exactly 4 weeks since she went home sick from work and things are still not looking good. Lungs just not able to get her the oxygen she needs with out huge amounts of oxygen - - - on on top of this apparently the Doctors have told the family that they can't just keep her on 100% oxygen doing so can actually cause its own damage to the lungs - - - anyway

If you all could add Michelle into your prayers it would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

• Things are changing. Possibly I would like the rush of acceleration with an electric car? But the feel just isn't the same. A beefed-up turbo 6 might be a great power plant. I think as soon as (and if) Polaris announces an electric version I'll spring for a second internal combustion one ASAP.

Events like Maggie valley would most likely die. Logistical nightmare. All the little quality of life things not considered that are tied to the package.

Dodge Is Cancelling The Hemi V8 (msn.com)

The Chevy Camaro Dies in 2024, Will Be Replaced by Electric Sedan (motortrend.com)

• Electric cars are just another part of the government's control. If they get it their way, there will no one taking vacations and or traveling. Or at least very few people traveling. Control the News cycle and travel and you control the information.

• Electric cars are just another part of the government's control. If they get it their way, there will no one taking vacations and or traveling. Or at least very few people traveling. Control the News cycle and travel and you control the information.

I watch the history channel. So many great shows about ____ that built America. Some bad stuff but no disputing how private industry built the powerhouse that this country once was. How companies like Ford, GMC & even MARS (M&M) helped with war efforts that saved the country. Now, it's totally reversed and prevented. The government is controlling the private industry.

• Bill Martin Hey Bill I found a place online that you can order live mudbugs. I get the frozen cooked bugs at the Winn Dixie I shot at. Not as good but better

then nothing.

I checked out the best place I know and at $284 a sack I could do better driving to Louisiana and eat em right outta the swamp - thanks for heads up but too rich for my blood 😩

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• https://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne…ves-pill-treat-COVID.html

Now they want to pill you up for good. I know a few here are gonna jump on this like their life depend on it, like good sheep.

Pretty sure the pill is only intended to treat people after they get COVID unlike the vaccines which are preventative - - - And I guess I must be a sheep by your standards because if I were sick in the hospital with COVID you can bet your ass I would take any medicine they told me would get me out of that hospital faster - - - I don't much care for hospitals :thumbsup:

• https://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne…ves-pill-treat-COVID.html

Now they want to pill you up for good. I know a few here are gonna jump on this like their life depend on it, like good sheep.

I am tired of the sheep.... let's go with lemmings....

I guess if the sheep thing makes one feel better go for it... Just like the stuff about gene therapy... I believe with my limited understand of biology... that gene therapy is different than cell therapy... Oh welll BAAAAAAA

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.