Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• Great stuff, not to play arm chair quarterback. Most likely this will put evacuation efforts to a halt due to the increased danger level. Now those waiting are in more danger, Will Biden extend the pull out or leave in a heightened state of emergency? Bagram blunder!

More details emerge on Pentagon drone strike believed to have killed 'ISIS-K planner'

• OK - Biden administration claims it had a successful drone attack killing the planner of the bombing. Your gonna tell me as botched as this whole debacle has been that in 24 hours they figured out who did it and blew em up not far from the Pakistani border ??? Call me highly suspicious !!!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• OK - Biden administration claims it had a successful drone attack killing the planner of the bombing. Your gonna tell me as botched as this whole debacle has been that in 24 hours they figured out who did it and blew em up not far from the Pakistani border ??? Call me highly suspicious !!!!

This drone strike stuff is just bull s#it to calm the masses here in the US. I personally cannot believe anything the government says especially about what is currently going on in the Box... This is some very cool news though.. (I thought it might be better to get the perspective from an non US media source)

https://www.aljazeera.com/news…0-from-afghanistan-report

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

The drone strike had one purpose: it showed the "over the horizon" capability that Biden keeps talking about. Simply enforcing a political talking point.

• I'm with Bill on this one... That same intelligence agency a week or so back didn't predict the country would collapse and definitely not as fast as it did. Now your telling me in 24 hours they found planners/facilitators that are ISIS-K and hit them, killing two dudes? I agree attempt to save face and more than likely killed a couple camel shepherds or civilians. Hope it was at least some low level risk targets or something....

• This is non relating to this topic, but anyone know where I might be able to rent a slingshot in the Daytona area for possibly 17Sept21? We’re flying down from our war zone in Chicago and celebrating our 49th Annv. On the 16th. Staying in Cocoa Beach. We’d like to link up with a cousin who will be at the Trikefest at Bru-cee, if not we’ll have the rental car.

• I'm with Bill on this one... That same intelligence agency a week or so back didn't predict the country would collapse and definitely not as fast as it did. Now your telling me in 24 hours they found planners/facilitators that are ISIS-K and hit them, killing two dudes? I agree attempt to save face and more than likely killed a couple camel shepherds or civilians. Hope it was at least some low level risk targets or something....

from what I am reading this guy they droned was a known planner for the ISIS-K, but I have not heard any claims that he was actually involved in any way with the recent airport attacks - - - - like you say its all publicity BS - - its totally random, its about the same as going out and killing some random CPA because you discovered massive tax fraud was committed by some corporation - - - its bull shit and the actual planers are probabally laughing their asses off at the stupid Americans

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I am really sick of this BS

I hate to sound like an asshole, but these surgical drone strikes that we now seem to think are the nice way we should fight a war clearly don't work. We have been trying this crap well over 20 years in that part of the world and before that in Vietnam and other places and clearly it hasn't accomplished a damn thing

Think about it - they hit us with some terrorist attack and blow up 10's or 100's of innocent people and our response is to use a drone to kill 2 or three guys in a truck on some remote dirt road - - - how can you ever win a conflict if you are willing to accept massive losses compared to the enemy every time they attack?? - - If you try to fight a humane war you are doomed to lose.

War is supposed to be ugly, its supposed to be terrifying and dirty and nasty and its supposed to be so horrific that no one thinks it is worth it for what they think they might gain - - - here we are letting them do these ugly, horrific, and terrifying types of attacks against people, many of which are totally innocent and then we respond with surgical strikes against actual bad guys??? - - how is that ever going to make them want to end the fight?? - - they are losing the people that signed up to fight and our side is losing 10 times more and our losses are mostly innocent civilians

If we are going to get into wars with these types of people we need to be willing to play the same game they are playing, As heartless as it may sound if they take out a market place full of wives, mothers and children we need to be willing to go over and bomb the crap out of one of their villages full of their mothers, wives and children - - - its sucks, its ugly, and yes its inhumane, but that is what war is supposed to be and that's why wars like like World War 2 were over and done and won in 6 years

Yea - - either go back to fighting wars like wars are meant to be fought and get it done as quickly as possible and get back out - or just stay home and take care of protecting our country, but this 20 years of surgical loosing - - total BS

rant over

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• This is non relating to this topic, but anyone know where I might be able to rent a slingshot in the Daytona area for possibly 17Sept21? We’re flying down from our war zone in Chicago and celebrating our 49th Annv. On the 16th. Staying in Cocoa Beach. We’d like to link up with a cousin who will be at the Trikefest at Bru-cee, if not we’ll have the rental car.

There is a rental in Jacksonville Beach and the ride down A1A to Daytona is a nice ride.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• You are so right we are to nice when it comes to war. We had a saying during the Nam era. War makes rate. A lot of people's ranks went up fast. Field promotions happened often. Then there was the money being made by corporations building war stuff. We did not want to win the Vietnam war, I say that because every time we were winning we signed a truce with the North and that gave them time to rebuild. This last 20 year war is much the same. Drones do work but not for killing two people the cost per person is way to high. Sorry for the rant spending 21.5 years in the military this BS bothers me a lot. I am supposed to look up to my Commander in Chief but that is not possible with this guy.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

Funinthesun lives in Daytona - he would know - what say you Phil ???

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Gee, I don't know how I missed that posting.

Hahn says in his website that he rents Slingshots. But it also says he has Slingshots for sale there too. All he has is he tries to get people to leave their Slingshot with him and he tries to broker the sale for them. making a profit for himself for little work. Truth be told if he does have any rentals, he's probably gonna try renting out his own. He doesn't have any other Slingshots of his own. I'd also be careful that it has insurance if you ever go that route.

I'll ask around. I know of one place that does rent them in Daytona. I'll swing by to find out their name, and what the rates are. I think they may have a four seater as well.

I'll let you know

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Hahn has been very active on the SlingshotForum site....I have with private messages warned a couple of guys to be careful .

• Drone's are a great tool and greatly enhance our capabilities. Especially in opportunity moments that would otherwise be difficult. One such opportunity would be a strike along a known (or suspected) travel route of a suspected target that would be difficult and extremely dangerous to place our people. Typically those routes are protected by multiple pre runs and prepositioned enemy snipers. Placing our troupes in great danger.

My thoughts are this was the situation used in the recent strike and the administration is using the opportunity to promote it in a manner that greatly overstates the overall effectiveness for it's own political reasons.

A big reason we need presence in that area is a simple one. They don't wear a uniform. Any country that uses it's power for good purposes will display a uniform and identify as such. It will be impossible to identify and track.

I do agree we are going to loose control of that area and to rely on the so called over the horizon concept will be ineffective for such a large area. It will be about as effective as using a bug-A-salt on a massive bee hive.

pasted-from-clipboard.png

• Jocko Willink, a retired Navy Seal just summed up how badly our upper military command has failed. Or our executive branch is totally detached to reality. Or both. I pick both!

How can they have totally overestimated the Afghanistan military yet so badly underestimated the Taliban at the same time. This whole situation is a sad is joke!