Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• We are probably going to do the same. Honestly, there's enough drama in life, I prefer not to have it in my entertainment.

For cranberry oatmeal cookies and whoopie pies I would be glad to come back to visit and provide you with my award wining "How to Become Drama Free" course :00008172:

Teaser- Chapter 1. "Just Fuck It" :00008356:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I don't know who wrote this but I agree.

To the NFL players who took a knee during the playing of the National Anthem.

So, you want to take a knee?

Take a trip to Valley Forge in January. Hold a musket ball in your fingers and imagine it piercing your flesh and breaking a bone or two. There won't be a doctor or trainer to assist you until after the battle. Wait your turn while listening to the screams of pain from the wounded.
    Then take a knee.

Go to Normandy where man after American man stormed the beach, dodging dead bodies and withering machine gun fire,...the very sea stained with American blood. Imagine that your fellow players are your dead brothers in arms.
    Then take a knee.

Take a knee in the sweat soaked jungles of Vietnam. Over 60,000 Americans died in those jungles.There was no playbook or million dollar contracts for doing your job, but they understood what our flag represented. When they came home, they were protested by their fellow Americans.
    Then take a knee while they spit on you.

Take another knee in the blood drenched sands of Fallujah in 110 degree heat..Trade in your pads for a Kevlar helmet and battle dress...You'll have to stay hydrated, but there won't be anyone to squirt Gatorade into your mouth. And watch out for those IEDs when you take a knee.

There's a lot of places to take a knee. Americans have given their lives all over the world. When you use the banner under which they fought as a source for your protest, you dishonor the memories of those who bled for the very freedoms you have. That's what the red stripes mean. It represents the blood of those who spilled it defending your liberty.

So while you're on your knee, pray for those that came before you, not on manicured fields striped and printed with numbers to announce every inch of game yardage...but on nameless hills and bloodied beaches and sweltering forests and bitter cold mountains...every inch marked by an American life lost serving that flag you protest.

No cheerleaders, no announcers, no coaches, no fans...just American men and women on the land, air, and sea, delivering the real fight against those who chose to harm us..so you would have the opportunity to dishonor their service by "taking a knee."

You have no clue what it took to get you where you are...but your "protest" is duly noted. Not only is it disgraceful to a nation, it points to your ingratitude for those who chose to defend you under that banner that will still wave long after your stats and game jersey are forgotten...

If you really feel the need to take a knee, come with me to church on Sunday and we'll both kneel before Almighty God. We'll thank Him for preserving this country for as long as He has. We'll beg forgiveness for both of our ingratitude for all He has provided us. We'll appeal to Him for understanding and wisdom. We'll pray for liberty and justice for all...because He is the one who provides those things.

But no protesting allowed. There will only be gratitude for His provision and a plea for His continued grace and mercy on the land of the free and the home of the brave.

May He continue to bless America, the ignorant and selfish sinners we all are. What an incredible gift He has given us!

• Nope... not OK with the whole “take a knee thing” during our national anthem (regardless of who’s President). Just because you can do it, doesn’t mean you should. The lack of respect for American Pride is shameful and alarming!

Stated absolutely perfectly!!! I could not agree more. Just because you can, doesn't mean you should!!

I acknowledge their right to to do whatever they feel during the national anthem. I also acknowledge my own right to find it extremely disrespectful and disgusting that Americans would hold one hand out to take all the great things this country offers them and use the other to thumb their noses at the symbol of our country that Americans have fought and died for. We aren't perfect and we have done a lot of horrible things as Americans, but in my heart of hearts, I feel that we have done more good than evil, and we as an American people are trying and DAMMIT, we are the best damned country in the world!!!

But hey, that's just my opinion that I have a right to! ;)

• Nah, there's supposedly a large Occupy Wall street type event being held 4 Nov, being scheduled by the Anti Fascists. Ok. I'll poke my nose other places.

I just reached out... apparently Charlotte is a candidate for this nonsense. Not happy! X(
    http://www.politico.com/magazi…ns-to-occupy-trump-215518

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you...
    Signature.png

• You guys know all of us here were this thread put under a liberal microscope we probably all would be accused of espousing our white privilege but that brings to mind one thing for me - PATRIOTISM KNOWS NO COLOR - @Spudinator s previous post explains - respect for our flag represents all the blood spilt protecting our freedoms ....PERIOD

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I live down the road from a man who lost his brother during Vietnam. His brother died running into and destroying machine gun nest. For his effort he won the Congressional Medal of Honor. My brother who is a two front combat veteran still to this day almost cries just looking at his medals and his flag in the courthouse. My brother was also a injured in Bosnia. It's people like them who risked or
    gave their life for our country is why I would never disrespect our flag or anthem.

• One more thing I can think that makes me really upset about these protest I was at Arlington National Cemetery last December. I was there for a person a hardly knew who I only got to see every here and there. My uncle Col. Ronald Beesley who died in a car wreck after his life long career in the military. I saw how the men and women folded his flag how they made it perfect. To look around and see all the headstones. To know how many brave men gave up their life to defend mine. It's just a humbling experience. With all it's problems we live in the greatest country in the world. And it's because of a lot of the men that lay in the Arlington ground!

• My wife and I both served under the same flag that we have no problems seeing people take a knee. We have both served on honor guards, both done more than our share of deployments, cold meals, MRE's, frost bite and so much more. To compare BLM with white supremacist is a huge stretch, yet it's the right of the authors in this thread to do so, just as it is for those who choose to take a knee. Civil Rights did not begin with it being a popular movement, an agreement of opinion...yet it did foster change and ultimately growth. When we realize that it is okay to disagree as long as we aren't infringing on our neighbors rights in a negative manner--we shall so growth. We can not scream Christian beliefs in one breath and scream with venom in the next breath... The title of this thread shows why politics suck..it sucks because the people who claim to want better get drawn into the pool of hatred and spew the same hatred that causes division..every side thinks they are right with no willingness to truly meet a common ground. The loudest voice in the room isn't always the correct one, it's just loud. Keyboard warriors are like chess pieces, both harmless as both of their activities are confined to a board...and if it's truly a game..who's the pawn? Just my view from way down here at the bottom of a sling looking up..

• @Zorasmiles, I agree with you to a certain point. You see I served under the flag as well. I also spent 30 years carrying a badge and a gun. I am one of those guys that have stopped a car that I clocked on radar 4 blocks away and the be told I only stopped them because they were black. I worked with a great many, men, women, blacks, chicanos, gays straights. There was a day, many years ago, when I first got the job, that that made a difference to some officers. It hasn’t been that way for many many years. Most of the time I saw officers bending over backwards to avoid using force. People think it’s like “Miami Vice”, 12 gun fights 8 arrests and nobody writes a report! We use to laugh at those shows. Trust me you have no idea what goes into the documentation and investigation in a use of force. Trust me you never want to. Now, what I see with BLM, ANTIFA, and there ilk throw names and make allegations with no evidence and the people are forced to to defend themselves. I don’t know if you were around at the end of the Vietnam war, but I was. I saw men and women in uniform called baby killers and spat on for no other reason than they wore the uniform. That’s what is happening now. If you disagree with them you are a racist, doesn’t matter the color of your skin. Now I have seen the videos of the last couple of “counter-protests, the ones I have seen starting the violence ate the counter-protesters. You want to protest, fine, do so peacefully. I may not agree with you but I will support your ability to do so. But don’t blame the cops when you try to attack someone on the other side of their line and you get your head split.

Sent from my iPad using Polaris Slingshot Info