Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• When I was much much younger one of our local TV stations would sign off at the end of their day every night at 1:00 am and before they went off the air they would show a beautiful video of images from across the country that was accompanied by that Ray Charles version of America - - - always loved it <3

These days it sometimes feels as if people have forgotten just how lucky we are to be able live in this most amazing place and call it our home

I remember when all broadcasting stations would sign off at midnight with "And now this concludes our broadcastanding day". They would display F16's flying over the grand canyon while playing the national anthem.

I realize things are different now and the world operates 24/7 but wouldn't it be great if they still broadcasted something like that every day at midnight. Something that proclaimed the greatness of our country. It would go along way in uniting the country!

• You have some corrections to make. You clearly don't pay much attention when Bigdog comments. He is a Trump supporter through and through. When comparing posts from him to posts from you that are in regards to Trump, smart money would be on him getting on his knees to service Trump before you.:P

Kissing his ass, not blowing him, well, or, never mind.:00008356:

Correction added to the original post.

• I remember when all broadcasting stations would sign off at midnight with "And now this concludes our broadcastanding day". They would display F16's flying over the grand canyon while playing the national anthem.

I realize things are different now and the world operates 24/7 but wouldn't it be great if they still broadcasted something like that every day at midnight. Something that proclaimed the greatness of our country. It would go along way in uniting the country!

I just shed a tear. This is what America was.

• I just shed a tear. This is what America was.

I'll amend this to go back even further. What a great commercial. I remember to this day. I suppose it's hypocritical and I'll get some comments on that but back in the day differences were conveyed in a way to expose & highlight issues without tearing people apart.

• the captain made several attempts to go up the chain of command....they failed to do their job....after that the captain was screwed.....either way....if sailors died...the hang him....if he saved them as he did...they want to hang him....if I was going to die for my country....I would rather die knowing I saved the lives of my fellow countrymen ....rather than leaving them to die....to protect my ass.....

Remember...this is peacetime....there is no war..I’m sure the captain knows the difference....and wasting sailors lives in peacetime....for me is not acceptable....maybe it is for you.....the captain is going to come out of this shining like the sun.....a hero in my book every day of the week

high command screwed up....I guess they were ok with sacrificing innocent lives...

Explain their actions.....for not doing something? Why did they Force his hand? He begged for help.....how much does he have to do? How long does he have to wait....how many needed to die for nothing before they helped the situation.....Total BS on the part of high command...

If you were the captain how many would die before you did something? It’s peacetime....very important little bit of info. If it was wartime it might be slightly different....The ship was in danger...of losing part of the crew......

no good commander sacrifices lives for no cause....there was no objective...no high ground to control...no battle to fight....no enemy to kill.....no beach to storm...

screw the protocol ...he tried they ignored him....so explain theIr justification.... He chose to save everyone ....he Was in the foxhole and jumped on the Grenade ....he needs the Medal of Honor...

• Fillibuster

noun

1. 1. an action such as a prolonged speech that obstructs progress in a legislative assembly while not technically contravening the required procedures.

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• My one and only post on the subject ...

You sir don't know what happened, you are assuming what you hear/read from others who also don't know what happened is fact. I can tell you it isn't.

Also your view of what you think happened has no basis in experience or expertise. It is even more important to follow Military norms in "peace time". With you not understanding that fact and your statement "screw protocol" I am sorry, your opinion is irrelevant.

So keep on explaining to the dog how to bark, and be grateful others know better.

..... kiss-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• weak link secretary removed

Captain is still there and will be.

Just need a few more under the secretary removed

Interesting spin.

The acting sec removed the captain and himself. "There" for the captain was the command chair on the Roosevelt, he is not there.

Who else give us some names?

• filibuster......cowboy that breaks wild horses...

the navy has a morale problem.....and now the entire world knows...

as a tax paying citizen I’m not real happy about that...let’s examine why....

As a non military guy this is what I see...

every sailor with the rank of captain on down to the one scrubbing the head With a toothbrush Knows the upper chain of command to the secretary of the navy is a worthless POS that just proved they are willing to sacrifice them for no reason, by leaving them in harms way to prove a point with no Clear objective. IN PEACE TIME. Total failure of leadership...

the sailors are the most valuable equipment on that carrier..and they would throw them away in a heartbeat....that builds morale...NOT...

Trump can raise their morale higher than its ever been since ducks learned to swim....

Promote the captain to secretary....(Making him their boss) he proved he respects their sacrifice, theIr patriotism their dedication and the Value of their lives..They will stand behind him on his boat if he deliberately drove it over Niagara Falls...Head long InTo a cat 5 hurricane.

• Who died?

most of the virus deaths reported So far are up to Age 49....

What’s the average age of those sailors? last I heard there were 155 sailors on that boat tested positive..... I’m going to go out on a limb and guess there are not 155 ventilators on that boat...so already he had the possibility of Up to 155 deaths....
    not enough for you? What’s your acceptable number? IN PEACE TIME....

You don’t have to be in the service to see he did the right thing....you don’t have to graduate high school to see it.

I’m talking about the saving lives part...we already know he violated protocol...again that’s a judgement call .....I’m very sure he agonized over it before doing it. He picked the right thing to do....

if your kid was on that boat and the captain did nothing and your kid died from the virus ....would your tune change.....would you blame the captain for their death or would you say...he followed protocol....and that’s the way it goes..... too bad kid.....you gave your life for nothing ...At least we weren’t at war....Or would you blame upper management?

• Everyone here knows your view on this subject Bigdog - - time to move on.

no need to keep filling up page after page repeating your self as you have been doing

We get it

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• most of the virus deaths reported So far are up to Age 49....

What’s the average age of those sailors? last I heard there were 155 sailors on that boat tested positive..... I’m going to go out on a limb and guess there are not 155 ventilators on that boat...so already he had the possibility of Up to 155 deaths....
    not enough for you? What’s your acceptable number? IN PEACE TIME....

You don’t have to be in the service to see he did the right thing....you don’t have to graduate high school to see it.

I’m talking about the saving lives part...we already know he violated protocol...again that’s a judgement call .....I’m very sure he agonized over it before doing it. He picked the right thing to do....

if your kid was on that boat and the captain did nothing and your kid died from the virus ....would your tune change.....would you blame the captain for their death or would you say...he followed protocol....and that’s the way it goes..... too bad kid.....you gave your life for nothing ...At least we weren’t at war....Or would you blame upper management?

That's a lot if words for not answering the question. Nobody is the correct answer, nobody died. Still waiting for those names.

• you realize he talks to himself alot. Everyday he fills the pages with his crap

So when you block someone all you get on your screen is pretty blue lines. Unless someone quotes that blocked person and then when you read it it just reminds you while their blocked. :00000021:

:BLUESS:
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
    ~Mark Twain~