Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• just said the stock market lost 7-8 trillion dollars

If I had more money and bigger balls I would throw a boatload into the market. Not today but would be ready to jump in on some sustainable good news. It will be a buyers market down the road. Hopefully soon. We have many restaurants and small businesses in the area and they are hurting. Thoughts to all the small businesses. Hold on!

I'm hoping that this will provide an opportunity for all humanity to find a way to work together for everyone!

• If I had more money and bigger balls I would throw a boatload into the market. Not today but would be ready to jump in on some sustainable good news. It will be a buyers market down the road. Hopefully soon. We have many restaurants and small businesses in the area and they are hurting. Thoughts to all the small businesses. Hold on!

I'm hoping that this will provide an opportunity for all humanity to find a way to work together for everyone!

one thing we did find out for sure....China can not be trusted....bring back all of our manufacturing NOW...

• Unfortunately most people don't care where things are made take the iPhone for example . And I for one do not own an iPhone and I never saw what was so great with them especially considering I've always bought Android and daughter always bought iPhone

But I'm sure my Android is made in South Korea or some other p

Non USA country.

Listening to Gov. Cuomo speak .... what a jackass ....

So now he says all States/localities should be told what to do by the Feds and there should be the same rules across the nation regarding the Covid-19 response and business/school closings. He is complaining that the Feds are leaving it up to local authorities to dictate their response.

Shifting blame to the Feds is what I expect from him, even though that is not the way our system works ...

But lets say we give him what he wants .... when this situation is over does that then carry over to sanctuary city/state laws, gun laws, drivers licenses for illegals, voting regs, cooperation with ICE .....

Then he goes on to say he is waiving all state and local park fees so you can get your kids out of the house.... then says he wants businesses to consider closing to limit people leaving their homes.

I need to change the channel before I throw something heavier at the TV .....

..... wacky-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• When he said the fed should set a policy that all the states must follow, all I could think was like immigration, guns and marijuana?

• As I watch my portfolio evaporate during this damn virus it comes to mind how many other people are losing their ass — either causing them to come out of retirement or put off retirement for years. It appears to me the economic deaths may far exceed any that the virus takes!! I’ve always thought now is the time to buy stocks - but how can you do that when we still have no way of knowing where the actual bottom is??

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• As I watch my portfolio evaporate during this damn virus it comes to mind how many other people are losing their ass — either causing them to come out of retirement or put off retirement for years. It appears to me the economic deaths may far exceed any that the virus takes!! I’ve always thought now is the time to buy stocks - but how can you do that when we still have no way of knowing where the actual bottom is??

Retired January, I planned using worst case scenario's but I'll say this is just a bit beyond what I prepared for especially with the sudden and totally unanticipated effect. Just no time to react & by the time the average person could react it was too late.

If markets don't recover significantly in 3 or 4 months I'll put some serious thought into part time work. I'm not panicking yet. I heard Europe has developed a self test that gives results in an hour. If it works and mass distribution is capable I think its what we need to mitigate this thing till a vaccine is developed. I also heard a company is starting limited tests on a modified flu vaccine?

...and we will all go down together

• I’m not a Gov. Cuomo fan by any means but from what I heard he sounded pretty reasonable to me. Especially about people crossing state lines to party and coming back home....

Remember when you were young and invincible? These millennials are feeling the same....I don’t need to worry....let’s get drunk...beer muscles, not brains.

There is a reason to keep masses of people running around willy nillie...whenever and wherever they want. These kids aren’t thinking about how they could infect the rest of the or family especially parents and grandparents....because they want to party.

and what he said about hospitals not being able to ramp up to handle all of the potential number of incoming patients. The military has portable mash units they can set up in hours in any parking lot.

Reading between the lines it’s definitely going to get worse.

and Trump stands to lose NY in the election if he screws Gov. Cuomo over what he wants the government to do. Just my opinion.

as far as the rest of his stupid democratic BS....he sucks.

what you’re seeing is the biggest reason the 401k is a Ponzi scheme....they can take “their” money back whenever they want. Their advice it to just keep contributing....

if it sounds to good to be true.....

I never cared for them from day one....I didn’t like the rules and the penalties... and how many 401k millionaires do you know since this started that weren’t already millionaires when they started contributing? Remember the promise....do what we say and in 40 years you’ll be a millionaire? If we want you to be one.

I clearly remember guys crying because the markets dropped and they lost $30,000....from their accounts....pretty big lose for a normal steelworker to lose in an instant.

As a side not I never lost one penny from my imaginary 401k.

everyone knows the stock market is a gamble. Especially if you can’t afford to lose that money.

• All the economic norms are completely useless right now. If we don’t get a handle on this and it continues thru the summer as they predict it possibly could it will cripple from the wealthy investor to lower end of the middle class. Those of us that live off dividends and stock gains will be forced to sell stock for living expenses further exacerbating our situation. We are in a small boat in the middle of the ocean with a hurricane raging around us. Who knows when or if we will find a safe harbor!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• wonder when they will announce that all of congress is going into an extended recess because of this virus?

never mind - - I keep forgetting that they haven't been working ever since Trump won anyway

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies